Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,001. Posted:

It's still a possibility that the iPad Mini could be announced at a later date. Though, looking at the price on the new iPod touch, I'd say not likely.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,002. Posted:

I'ma going to assume that the new iPod Touch is Apple giving the finger to that form factor. It'll do basically the same thing.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,003. Posted:

Um... you guys haven't seen the bazillion million reports/rumors that it'll be announced at a separate event in October? And yes, these originated long before the September event actually happened. I've read the plan is supposed to be to announce the Mini along with iMac and/or Mac Pro refreshes.

Announcing everything at a single event would've been too much.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,004. Posted:

@pixelman I agree with all of that, but what do you reckon they'll price it at?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,005. Posted:

Well the point is to compete with the Nexus 7 and Fire, right? With the Apple brand-name the lowest I'd expect is a 16GB wifi model at $249, and maybe a 32GB model for $299-349.

I don't think the existence of the Touch matters that much, honestly. They'll have different advantages with about the same specs, so it just ends up being another option. I can't justify $299 for a Touch but I'd pay that for an iPad Mini, and I seriously doubt I'm the only person out there who's in the same position.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,006. Posted:

I have a hand me down iPad for my turn-based online gaming fix until my favorite games come to Android. I'm mostly playing Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer and Summoner Wars, both adaptations of popular card / board games. Picked up Ticket to Ride (Pocket) recently, too, since it was free.

I also have Tikal (euro style strategy game with a jungle ruins exploration theme), Nightfall (decent deckbuilding game), and Hero Academy, though Summoner Wars has mostly replaced this. Still pretty good.

I'm Adam_Palma on Game Center if anyone wants to play. Might have posted this before back when I was borrowing a pad and just playing Hero Academy, but I forget. If anyone is looking for a good asymmetrical faction-based strategy game, both Hero Academy and Summoner Wars are free to try, Academy even letting you play online free.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,007. Posted:

@Adam I just added you up. I've got Ticket to Ride as well.

My Gamecenter tag is: Slapshot82 if anyone want to give me an add as well.

I can't recommend Dragon Fantasy enough to you guys! It's an amazing new-age old-school 8-bit RPG and it's just brilliant. Kinda has a dose of Earthbound thrown into it too. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,008. Posted:

Kind of hard not to download it after that recommendation.

Come on, friends,

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,009. Posted:

Adam wrote:

Kind of hard not to download it after that recommendation.

You'll love it! Not only is it a great game, but it also has some of the best (if not the best) controls for the genre on iOS platforms. I've dumped about 8 hours into now and I find myself playing it every chance I get. ;)

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,010. Posted:

i have a iphone4s i do play games but i text my friends alot more then anything

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,011. Posted:

Terry Cavanagh shot me a review code for Super Hexagon. Good night is it flippin' hard, but man is it fun! ;)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,012. Posted:

Dynasty Warriors Slash and Ninja Gaiden Clans announced for iPhone. Oh well, yet another reason not to care about the other consoles any more.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

1,013. Posted:

I'm going to guess both of those are Infinity Blade ripoffs.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,014. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I'm going to guess both of those are Infinity Blade ripoffs.

My bet for Dynasty Warriors is a Fruit Ninja clone, and Ninja Gaiden I reckon Mafia Wars-style social game.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,015. Posted:

BTW, does anyone actually play [Adult Swim] games, like Robot Unicorn Attack, 5 Minutes to Kill Yourself, Amateur Surgeon, Meowcenaries, ect?

Most of their games just seem really stupid to me (but knowing [AS], that's probably the point).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,016. Posted:

Robot Unicorn Attack is phenominal in the simplest way possible.
Everything else just seems stupid.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

1,017. Posted:

Been playing Vampire Season for iOS it's pretty good

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,018. Posted:

Dungeon Village is essential. Go buy!

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,019. Posted:

mobile gaming bores me

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Adam

1,020. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

mobile gaming bores me

Oh, you go, big guy!

Come on, friends,