Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,099

moomoo

DarkKnight wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

So... has anyone picked up Bad Piggies yet???

One does not simply "pick up" Bad Piggies. For Bad Piggies picks up the player and consumes their life and soul until they no longer resemble who they were before they were picked up by Bad Piggies.
it's possible that i've been playing it a little bit too much

So true. I'm definitely liking this a lot more than Angry Birds. It feels like I have a bit more control over the outcome, which is something I love (still, there's that sense of randomness, but I'm fine with it in this for some reason).

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Slapshot

I found this absolutely awesome iOS game that you guys really need to check out. It's called Cytus. It's a rhythm game, but with a killer mix of Japanese tunes. It's also got awesome aesthetics that are like some sort of virtual cyber puck craziness that's just awesome to see in action.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Slapshot

DarkKnight wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

So... has anyone picked up Bad Piggies yet???

One does not simply "pick up" Bad Piggies. For Bad Piggies picks up the player and consumes their life and soul until they no longer resemble who they were before they were picked up by Bad Piggies.
it's possible that i've been playing it a little bit too much

The only thing that's truly stopped me from playing Bad Piggies, is Tiny Wings, which I'm horribly addicted to.

KingDunsparce

I've playing Tiny Tower a lot recently for some reason. Jetpack Joyride was fun too. I've yet to try Bad Piggies

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

moomoo

So 6 months ago I downloaded a game called Swordigo and never played it for reasons that I don't really understand. Now, I actually just played it, and I'm mad at myself for not doing so earlier. It is absolutely awesome! It reminded me a lot of Ys 3, though there's a ton of Zelda references in there. Still, it feels very much like its own game, and it's a darn good one at that.

Best thread ever

Slapshot

Has anyone gotten Vector Unit's Beach Buggy Blitz to work yet? I downloaded it within minutes of landing on the iOS Marketplace, but I can't get it to run properly.

Gretski

Topia is this really awesome world creating game that was released not too long ago, really worth checking out

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

Slapshot

pixelman wrote:

So. iPad Mini in a week. Exciting!

Yes! I can't wait to buy mine the day it releases. Heck, I'll probably take vacation just so I can stand in line to get mine ASAP!

Oh, Carmageddon is now live on the iOS Marketplace and it's FREE for today ONLY. So go download it right now:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carmageddon/id498240451?mt=8

And there's this guy named Terry Cavanagh, that I'm sure that most of you don't know who he is, but anyway, some little game that he developed called Don't Look Back is also available on the iOS Marketplace. Oh, and it's Free too:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont-look-back/id568668228?ls...

Merry Christmas, Happy Halloween and Astalavista!

retired_account

That was great. The controls were a tad annoying, but man... I love these atmospheric, minimalistic indie games.

retired_account

Hokori

Adam wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

mobile gaming bores me

Oh, you go, big guy!

Wubadubadub is that true?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Slapshot

Aye, new game to tell you about today: True Skate.

This game has slapped my brain so hard with amazement today that it's still keeping a consistent little throb of pain. I mean... Wow! It's tough as nails, but just as impressive as the first time I played EA's Skate. While it's only got one course and a handful of missions within it, you'll be playing around in this concrete playground for hours on end. Definitely worth the $2 it cost to get through the gate!

Edited on by Slapshot

KarrotMan

Has anyone tried Symphonica Square's classical version of Theatrhythm? You can buy them by chapters or get the whole set for $15. Plus the first three chapters are free for you guys to try out. I liked the Theatrhythm demo, but this is something I'd love to play on my Android. So if anyone is interested, please share your thoughts.
Untitled
Untitled

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Slapshot

@Onikato If you liked Symphonica, you'll love Cytus!

GameLord08

A little unrelated to discussion, but I just wanted to say it's just struck me how powerful tablets have become in relation to handhelds, especially the newer 7-inch ones. Take the Google Nexus 7, for instance:

• Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (latest Android OS)
  • Quad-core Tegra 3 processor with a 12-core GPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1280x800 full HD-res screen
  • Eight hours of battery life (active use)

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing.

And with plenty of awesome $1-5 games for cheapskates like me, I should totally try mobile gaming too some time. Rayman Jungle Run and The Last Express look awesome, and a lot of others too.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

Slapshot

GameLord08 wrote:

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing!

Welcome to the club of those who are starting to really figure it out. Yes, you can indeed get a Nexus 7 (insanely awesome tablet) very cheaply and after you do, you'll realize that there are games on mobile devices that are great fun and for very little cost to the consumer. But, so many people buy these tablets and only download (garbage) freemium games and come back with the, "these games aren't real games...." nonsense. It's just like with your gaming consoles, if you want good games, you're going to pay for them. Do it and you'll be very happy you did.

Adam

I still find most action games need buttons, personally, but tablets are definitely the better option for turn-based gaming in general.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

Punch Quest and Letterpress are insanely awesome — like top 5 iOS games awesome. Both are free, so you guys definitely should check 'em out.

retired_account

moomoo

GameLord08 wrote:

A little unrelated to discussion, but I just wanted to say it's just struck me how powerful tablets have become in relation to handhelds, especially the newer 7-inch ones. Take the Google Nexus 7, for instance:

• Running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (latest Android OS)
  • Quad-core Tegra 3 processor with a 12-core GPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1280x800 full HD-res screen
  • Eight hours of battery life (active use)

More powerful than a Vita (just comparing specs-wise, no gaming debates here) and the Nexus 7 is only priced starting at £159/$199. That's amazing.

And with plenty of awesome $1-5 games for cheapskates like me, I should totally try mobile gaming too some time. Rayman Jungle Run and The Last Express look awesome, and a lot of others too.

It is indeed more powerful than a Vita. How many games actually utilize that power, though? I can think of a few, like Shadowrun (I think that's what it's called; it's a third person shooter) and Epoch.
And let's not forget about the Vita having buttons and sticks to utilize for playing games.
I'm not saying that the Nexus isn't worth buying, but seeing as the Vita was made for the purpose of playing games, there will be more stuff for it that is taking advantage of the tech that's there.

Best thread ever

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.