Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,099

retired_account

Yeah I'll hopefully have Infinity Blade around Christmas time. Online's going to pwn in that one.

I'm crossing my fingers in the hope that Real Racing and Fruit Ninja will let both iPad and iPhone users play each other. If not I'm going to be seriously bummed out.

@SMF96: Thanks man, and yes it is 99 cents. I'll pick it up along with Infinity Blade. :3

Oh and I had fun playing MC2 with you Gabe. That everymanforhimself match in the facility was awesome. 15-5 baby! XD

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Hopefully Infinity Blade will have cross-platform online. I read IGN's previews and it seems like a deeper RPG version of Punch Out. that equals awesome. And yeah, there needs to be a way to play between HD and regular versions of a game.

Btw, in the new iPhone commercials, when they show Infinity Blade it says that the game will be out in November. Hopefully it comes soon.

Your too good Pix. I need a better weapon....

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Ooo I bet it comes out on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I may have to buy a card soon. There are already some sweet BF sales on the App Store.

I just submitted a question to Firemint's get satisfaction page. I can't share my achievements and highscores on either Real Racing or Flight Control with you iPhone guys, and it's really annoying me. Hopefully they pay attention to it... >.>

And really the MN106 is the best gun in the game. Most of the unlockables are just mods to it. (ie, silenced, red dot, etc.)

The perks are what give you an edge. I have like, +20% assault rifle damage equipped, so that makes wild headshots a bit easier. :3

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Hopefully this won't be a problem with Infinity Blade... Let's hope for a universal app.
Yeah, my only perks are reload modifiers. I need to play more.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Well sh*t. Just got an answer, and the guy said, "This is due to the HD versions of those games (on iPad) being different to the iPhone versions. Game Center sees them as being completely different games, so the leaderboards and achievements are all separate."

Looks like games that aren't universal are incompatible cross-platform. I'm seriously pissed right now. I paid a premium for these games and I can't even make full use of their features.

I followed up with a question asking if I'll at least be able to play multiplayer with iPhone users online, but I can easily guess the answer.

Edit: Yay for evasive PR answers.

"As mentioned here: http://firemint.com/?p=2846, the new online multiplayer update is only for Real Racing HD on iPad. We are also doing an online multiplayer update for the iPhone version of Real Racing, but we haven't announced any details on this."

retired_account

Bankai

Lord of the Rings: Defense in HD on iPad is really quite compelling. Am impressed.

I've got a number of tower defense games on iPhone/ iPad. Seems to be a natural home for them. So here's a list of the ones I really recommend, that, unlike Plants Vs Zombies or Fieldrunners, not everyone owns:

1) Mikado Defenders - tragically overlooked TD game from Taito. Brilliant art style, challenging gameplay. Very compelling.
2) Vector TD - Cheap, but a cool art style for anyone that likes Geometry Wars-style minimalism, and also very challenging, with lots of levels.
3) Final Fantasy: Crystal Defenders - looks gorgeous on iPad. Incredibly challenging, good music, good level variety, nice Final Fantasy theme.
4) Lord of the Rings: Defense - lots of maps, achievements, good visual style, weak music for a LoTR game, but you can play iPod music instead. Good package.

Anyone else have some really good, and less-well-known tower defense games?

ASDFGHJKL

That sucks. A lot of games seem to be going towards the universal route, which is a good team. But it honestly sucks when it comes to the older games that probably didnt think it through. Hopefully Real Racing 2 which was announced will be universal.

I do know that the iPad versions of some games have new features, so it would make sense of them being considered entirely different games.

Just read IGN's new preview on Infinity Blade and I have mixed feelings. I love the RPG elements and the gameplay, and the promise of support through updates is always great, but the game basically is an infinite repetition of one game. You basically have to go through the castle to defeat the god king and if you lose, you resurrect 20 years later. And then you try again but with more of a challenge and your gained XP. And if you defeat the God king, it still repeats but the God King gets stronger. (I hate the name God King, its very unoriginal.) While this does sound addicting and interesting when combined with leaderboards and online play, I was expecting something more full-fledged. But the idea of added areas and items through updates makes it seem a little less monotonous. Hopefully it will be challenging enough to prove fun and addictive and make use of the deep RPG elements. Please make it good Chair, ever since my Wii broke the iPod's all I got!

ASDFGHJKL

Mascotty

Ok, this is a random interjection, but did anyone know that Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney was ported to iOS(ipod touch, iphone, ect.)? AND IT'S ONLY 2 BUCKS!! Crazy good deal! I've never gave any of them a try on ds, but I tried the ipod touch version and man.... it's amazing!

Mascotty

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, I noticed. I already played through the WiiWare version so I didnt try it, but it is an awesome deal.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

I rather doubt Real Racing 2 will be universal. Firemint certainly doesn't seem like the most un-lazy and un-greedy publisher out there, and I think making an app universal is almost more complicated than making an entirely new app, and certainly less profitable. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, GameCenter impressions: Meh.

1. There's no private messaging system, and that's terrible -- even the Wii has one for goodness sakes!
2. You can't view your friends' achievements and highscores unless YOU ALSO own the game, which is even worse. If you could at least do that I could even deal with:
3. iPad and iPhone games can't share leaderboards unless it's a universal app.

These are some pretty bad oversights. Of course I'm sure Apple will come back and fix it in a future update -- and overhype it to hell -- but whatever. I'm a pretty disappointed iPad gamer right now.

@Waltz: Glad to hear you're enjoying LOTR. I was a bit wary of it considering the huge price tag and mixed ratings, but since I'm a huge LOTR fan I guess I'll have to give it a shot sometime. ;3 (Black Friday sale plz!)

retired_account

retired_account

So does anyone know if Ininity Blade is coming out before Friday? Or at least a price? I just got a $15 card and I'm afraid to buy anything until I know.

retired_account

Xkhaoz

Why does Christmas have to be so far away?!?!? D: I want to join this thread

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Hey, does anybody know of a good free app? Besides Capcom Arcade, of course.

So I take it thats a no? Or close to it?

Sorry I didn't see that. I only really know of Trade Nations, which is a FarmVille type game, but instead of a farm you build a town. I usually don't like games like this, but this one's actually pretty good. It doesn't try to suck money out of you all the time, and you don't have to pay for anything at all unless you want some of the silly (and needless) decorations. I'd recommend at least checking it out.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

pixelman wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Hey, does anybody know of a good free app? Besides Capcom Arcade, of course.

So I take it thats a no? Or close to it?

Sorry I didn't see that. I only really know of Trade Nations, which is a FarmVille type game, but instead of a farm you build a town. I usually don't like games like this, but this one's actually pretty good. It doesn't try to suck money out of you all the time, and you don't have to pay for anything at all unless you want some of the silly (and needless) decorations. I'd recommend at least checking it out.

u r my hero <3

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ASDFGHJKL

Stardunk is a fun free arcade game to check out.

For some reason when I accepted your invite pix, it said it could not find you.

I know Apple predicts a November release, so I think this week would be a great time, but we will see. Chair says it will be "affordable" which could really be anything between 15 and 1 buck. From the sound of the game, I'm expecting 5 bucks.

ASDFGHJKL

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.