Other Gaming Forum

Topic: I asked my grandmother if I can get an Playstation 3.

Showing 1 to 20 of 21

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

1. Posted:

Hello there. Today, I asked my grandmother about my Christmas wishlist. All I put was a Playstation 3 Slim and LittleBigPlanet on my Christmas list. Her response was "We'll see.".

This means that while it's not guarantee that I will get an PS3, it is possible. Man, this is so exciting, I really hope I will get one. However, even if my grandparents do say "yes", I'm still not sure what game I want to get for my PS3.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ravage

2. Posted:

Umm...wouldn't Little Big Planet be the game you get?
Also, why did you have to start a new thread for this?

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Edwin

3. Posted:

I've noticed how you use "an" in some of your thread titles. This might help. Also, good luck on getting that PS3.

Remember, using a or an depends on the sound that begins the next word. So...
•a + singular noun beginning with a consonant: a boy; a car; a bike; a zoo; a dog
•an + singular noun beginning with a vowel: an elephant; an egg; an apple; an idiot; an orphan
•a + singular noun beginning with a consonant sound: a user (sounds like 'yoo-zer,' i.e. begins with a consonant 'y' sound, so 'a' is used); a university; a unicycle
•In some cases where "h" is pronounced, such as "historical," us an:

(source: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/540/01/ )

Edwin

Nintendo Network ID: Edwicket

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

4. Posted:

I hope you are able to recieve your PS3! :)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Storm_Owl

5. Posted:

did you told her it is $300 now?

This account is dead move along please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

warioswoods

6. Posted:

Ask her to throw something in for me while you're at it.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -Lakitu 64
Join us in the epic Nintendo Life Wii Music Thread

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

7. Posted:

TwistedVivid wrote:

did you told her it is $300 now?

Yes I did. I told her that the Playstation 3 Slim cost $299.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VGM

8. Posted:

This PS3 Price cut could not have come at a better time because Katamari Forever comes out next month & I have $200 & My father will give me the extra $100 I need to buy it. :)

Edited on by VGM

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

9. Posted:

warioswoods wrote:

Ask her to throw something in for me while you're at it.

Ooh! Me too! A PSPgo, perhaps?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ASDFGHJKL

10. Posted:

For a reason I think this couldve had been mentioned in my thread. Not really that much to say about it except, GOOD FOR YOU :) :) :)

ASDFGHJKL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ramandus

11. Posted:

Wow, its a bit early to be putting together a Christmas list, but yeah I definitely hope you get it!

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

12. Posted:

Ramandus wrote:

Wow, its a bit early to be putting together a Christmas list, but yeah I definitely hope you get it!

Me too. Oh and if I do indeed get an Playstation 3, I'm getting LittleBigPlanet. Any objections?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

M00se

13. Posted:

ill probably get one for my b-day! which is on sept 4! and good luck on getting your ps3 slim! how about making a thread that says "Everyone, post "Yes" so my grandparents can get me a ps3 slim for christmas"

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

14. Posted:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

ill probably get one for my b-day! which is on sept 4! and good luck on getting your ps3 slim! how about making a thread that says "Everyone, post "Yes" so my grandparents can get me a ps3 slim for christmas"

Too selfish, I don't mind getting more Wii games for Christmas, althought it would suck being an Wii-only owner for five months to a year more.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

15. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Me too. Oh and if I do indeed get an Playstation 3, I'm getting LittleBigPlanet. Any objections?

For a start, why are you asking forum members for approval on your Christmas list? Second, why would anyone object to your choice of what you want to receive for your Christmas present? Zut alors.

PS Edwin you're my hero.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

16. Posted:

I'm with James. Get what you want. Never worry about what others think about it. If you want a game, get it. If you want a console, get it. End of story. Life's too short to spend all your time worrying what others think.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

odd69

17. Posted:

Ouch! Remind me to check my spelling next time I make a thread.

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999
If you do get a slim for Christmas consider yourself lucky I just paid 399$ for my 40 gig not even a year ago , so you guys will be saving 100$. I'm not even sure if you can change out the hard drives or not( I'm sure there is a way), but just because you save 100$ doesn't mean a whole lot.If you really want to invest in the PlayStation 3 you'll need at least one extra controller(50$), if you plan on downloading stuff, lots of it you'll need a laptop harddrive with 500 gigs or more (80$). Don't forget a 20$ Psn card to start off with so you can get a few awesome downloadable games as well. I advise you to start saving your money now until Christmas if you want to get the "whole" experience.

edit the hard drive really isn't necessary at first but if you download movies and games alot you'll definitely want to invest in one later on.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

18. Posted:

odd69 wrote:

Ouch! Remind me to check my spelling next time I make a thread.

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999
If you do get a slim for Christmas consider yourself lucky I just paid 399$ for my 40 gig not even a year ago , so you guys will be saving 100$. I'm not even sure if you can change out the hard drives or not( I'm sure there is a way), but just because you save 100$ doesn't mean a whole lot.If you really want to invest in the PlayStation 3 you'll need at least one extra controller(50$), if you plan on downloading stuff, lots of it you'll need a laptop harddrive with 500 gigs or more (80$). Don't forget a 20$ Psn card to start off with so you can get a few awesome downloadable games as well. I advise you to start saving your money now until Christmas if you want to get the "whole" experience.

edit the hard drive really isn't necessary at first but if you download movies and games alot you'll definitely want to invest in one later on.

If I do get an PS3 for Christmas, I'll start saving up money. BTW, I thought the PS3 came with an controller, why is an second one necessary? I'm also going to get an PSN Card.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

odd69

19. Posted:

@Super Smash Bros. Fan1999

It's always good to have another controller just in case a friend comes over =)

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
http://oddsreviewsandthoughts.blogspot.com/
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

20. Posted:

Wait, there was a price drop? Sweet!!!!! I've wanted a PS3 for a while, so, awesome!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz