Forums

Topic: How Many People Here Honestly feel Sony or Microsoft Would Actually Go Out of Business if they lost the Console War?

Posts 61 to 68 of 68

turtlelink

Link79 wrote:

I'm getting kinda tired of these discussions about videogame company dominance.
Can't we all just enjoy our games and not worry about who's better or which one's going out of business first?
Why does it have to be a war for supremacy?

Too much loyalty to one company. That's why.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Link79

@ Turtlelink
That's where people go wrong.
No one should be so loyal to one brand.
There's plenty enjoyment to be had on all the platforms.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

komicturtle

I think in part the reason why Rare was making the quality games they made was because Nintendo was always on them. Because it's what I do, I read up on the relationship between Nintendo and Rare and how it was kind of... strenuous (is that even the right word? I need sleep..) relationship and some employees did not like the strictness especially during the development of Donkey Kong Country. Of course, that was teh time when Nintendo was arrogant and had strict policies that surely influenced Rare. I hear that Microsoft bought Rare off Nintendo and Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft.

Whatever the case, it's sad to see Rare go the way they went. As you mentioned, people leaving, key people such as the Stamper Brothers. I hope Microsoft makes use of Rare's amazing properties such as Killer Instinct, Banjo, Perfect Dark, Conker, Jet Force Gemini- they have all these properties at their finger tips.

I'd love to see a true Banjo Kazooie 3. Nuts and Bolts was a good but disappointing game. Hope Rare gets out of strictly making Kinect games. These people have lots of talent that should be used appropriately

komicturtle

Bankai

I hear that Microsoft bought Rare off Nintendo and Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft.

The Rare founders - the two brothers - sold their 51% share in the company to Microsoft. Nintendo didn't really have much other choice but to sell it 49% stake.

Nintendo never owned rare. It was a major shareholder.

Also, Rare's Kinect game is a lot of fun.

SilverBaretta

Link79 wrote:

I'm getting kinda tired of these discussions about videogame company dominance.
Can't we all just enjoy our games and not worry about who's better or which one's going out of business first?

Hell no, you know how many boneheaded people there are in the world?

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

komicturtle

I'm sure it is fun (played it at Best Buy). But I want see another Perfect Dark, Banjo, Conker, Killer Instinct, Kameo or Jet Force Gemini from them.

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

Really? You really think a multimillion company like Microsoft or Sony would completely vanish if their game systems failed? Microsoft has tons of revenue coming from their PC and software divisions. Xbox is just a blip to them.

Sony has their entire consumer electronics empire that brings them money: TVs, Blu-Ray, digital cameras, VAIO laptops, etc. Not to mention they are a huge force in the multimedia industry: music (Sony BMG), movies (Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures), TV, etc.

Both companies have a lot of other sectors besides gaming, so they have a huge safety net if their game divisions fail.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.