Forums

Topic: Heavy Rain Freezing

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

thelight

Arrgh! I've been waiting for this game since the PS3 was announced as this game is probably as close as we'll ever get to Shenmue 3. But like every other big PS3 or 360 release, it's full of bugs. Users in the US and the UK have reported freezing, crashing, data corruption and one user even claims his PS3 suffered hardware failure because of it. What isn't clear yet is if a mandatory update upon first boot is causing this as some users claim that deleting and redownloading the update fixes the problem. I have the special edition pre ordered in HMV and now I'm not sure if I'll bother picking it up now.

thelight

TwilightV

Stupid faulty hardware. I finally find a PS3 game I actually find interesting, and now this?! I am disappoint. >: (

TwilightV

Slapshot

This is the first Ive heard of it. I got my copy yesterday, but am waiting on the wife to finish some test as she wants to play through it with me. I know several people who have it and put significant time into it and have had no problems whatsoever. Sounds like a load of BS from fanboys.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Knux

I think I will wait to buy Heavy Rain until these glitches are fixed. This is ridiculous.

Knux

warioswoods

heavy sleet

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Ravage

Freezing Rain.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Magi

thelight wrote:

But like every other big PS3 or 360 release, it's full of bugs.

Loose nut behind the controller maybe? I've had several "big" releases and never experienced any bugs.

Magi

thelight

I'm not a PS3/Xbox 360 basher. I own all 3 consoles and play them all equally. The big releases I was refering to were Modern Warfare 2 & Assassin's Creed 2. Both games required a patch within the 1st week. As for the Heavr Rain freezing issus, it does appear, hopefully to be down to a few isolated cases being overblown by the internet. I only posted this topic to vent my (then) frustration at my most anticipated title in years being faulty. According to many posters on CVG, they have had no problems with the UK release so fingers crossed. It's exactly things like this which make me hate the Internet. The heavy rain problems seem to be caused by people turning off the game/system thinking the game has frozen but is simply saving/loading on a black screen hence causing a corrupt save file. If this is true then I sincerely apologise for posting this thread, but as I say it was merely because of my anticipation and subsequent dissapointment in this title.

On a related topic, is the downloadable episode with the special edition available on Euro PSN as I heard it was delayed in the US as I plan to bomb through this game and would like something more to play when I receive the special edition tomorrow.

Again I'm sorry if this all turns out to be a storm in a teacup.

Edited on by thelight

thelight

BL_Donth

The demo also had this issue.
There should be an update soon.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

thelight

donth8theplaya69 wrote:

The demo also had this issue.
There should be an update soon.

Hmm. I might play through Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing until this issue is fixed so.
Ryo FTW.

thelight

Slapshot

@thelight.... I know I got the DLC Free in the US when I bought the game.

Another thing with any glitches that are found in any major release is that they are ALWAYS fixed within the first couple of days so no big deal. Heck even SONY created a patch for Bayonetta and they didnt even develop the game. Games today are massive, and PC and X360 both see this trend happening today as well. If it is buggy, it will be fixed if not already.

Slapshot

http://www.pushsquare.com/11586/heavy-rain-players-encounteri...

There is truth in this after all and my apoligies for being a little rude, I just get annoyed at all the console bashing in forums Its not everyone is having problems and it looks as models have an impact on the prolems. I wouldnt not recommend the game though, there is be a patch VERY soon. The games is selling very very well for a PS3 title and Sony will have it fixed ASAP!

Slapshot

@Strofan... my problem is waiting on my wife to have time lol. We are going to start it up Sunday night and I cant wait.

fatlittlenick

My copy did freeze for a few seconds a few times during the first few cut scenes, and when i was playing yesterday, the voice acting didn't sync properly, but apart from that the game hasn't crashed or anything.

www.nicholaskirkham.com

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.