Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 241 to 260 of 387

Samasaurus

For anyone interested, Stadia Pro is free for 2 months with 9 games available. I might check it out, even to see how it stands up with lag etc

Samasaurus

Anti-Matter

Not interested at all. 🙄
Those starter Stadia games are 100% Blah for me.
(Back to play Nintendo and Sony games)

Anti-Matter

redd214

@Zuljaras I know the answer, I was more asking so hopefully he would run it through his own mind and see that it's pointless

redd214

Octane

Anti-Matter wrote:

Not interested at all. 🙄
Those starter Stadia games are 100% Blah for me.
(Back to play Nintendo and Sony games)

Good plan! God of War and The Last of Us are much better games

Octane

gcunit

Somehow I've got this thread 'watched' and just clicking 'No' isn't changing anything. Do I need to post something to change the setting?

Carry on.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter your right it’s so blah. It can’t even play your n64 discs and gamecube carts. Really blah

Carry on playing my Atari 2600 games

Maaryotyme

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 While I applaud the effort of you trying, you should know by now that you're basically talking to a wall. Many before you have tried getting through to him, including me. But he's never going to listen or change his ways. It's just how he is. Better to just use your own precious time and energy for something that's actually useful.

@gcunit If you simply select "no" and then click the reply button (you don't have to post any comment), it should change the setting to indicate that you don't want to get notified about posts in this particular topic anymore.

This is how it works for every forum topic, by the way.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX Thanks, I'll try to remember that.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit You're welcome.

EDIT:
It also works the other way around, by the way: say you DO want to keep tabs on a topic, but don't necessarily have anything to say, you can select "yes" and then reply without adding text, so basically, an empty comment.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Meanwhile, I played a bit of some of the games while it's free ... They run well, at least! I do think they need more to justify charging a subscription usually, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

redd214

@BruceCM yeah thats the frustrating thing about it. From my experience compared to every other game streaming service (Ive tried all of them) Stadia works better and the experience is smoother but the business model is so borked that it negates the technical achievement.

@ThanosReXXX I know man, I know

redd214

BruceCM

I'd love it to succeed, if only for the sake of competition, @redd214 .... Maybe if enough people try it while it's free, they'll be sufficiently impressed with it?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ninfan

How do you get it free ?

Ninfan

klingki

Gave it a shot, but Korea is not a supported region, and if I use a VPN it says my connection is not good enough to play the game and it won't even let me try. Korea has crazy fast internet, but I guess Google's servers are not close enough, with the added roadblock of having to go through the VPN first.

When I tried GeForce Now, it connected me to servers in Los Angeles from Korea. It was laggy and not really playable, but at least they let me try!

klingki

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

I'd love it to succeed, if only for the sake of competition

I hope it fails, for the sake of competition.

The games industry is a very health industry in terms of competition. 4 very different hardware plaforms (5 if you include smart phones). Dozens of AAA publishers. Thousands of developers. Of all the different entertainment genres (film, tv, music, books), video games are by far the most economically healthy.

Google on the other hand, has a history of creating monopolies, because they incorporate all of their new businesses into the same information and ad network (as all of the silicon valley tech giants do).

I say we're better off without that. Keep things fairly decentralized, as it currently is.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy Dont think you'll ever have to worry about that. There is a very very slim chance in Google being able to monopolize gaming as it has in other areas mainly because of what you said in the first paragraph. For them to be able to disrupt that would take something massive and I don't think they have the ability to do so. Id wager Stadia never gets out of the single digits in terms of market share of the gaming industry.

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

I think they certainly have the "ability", in terms of the sheer amount of resources, to at least take a significant chunk.

But at the moment, they just seem completely incompetent. They look like a company that has so much money that they don't really care that much about losing it, so don't plan things very carefully.

Anyone who understood the industry could've happily explained to them: If you want this to make any impact at all, you need to launch this platform with 4 or 5 big exclusives. Halo/Uncharted/Zelda level exclusives.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy yes, thats the point I was trying to make Perhaps ability was the incorrect word to use but I wholeheartedly agree with what you said! There are going to be a bunch of these services popping up in the next couple years from pretty much all major companies/publishers and Google will be the odd man out I predict.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic