Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 181 to 200 of 387

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
I i were you, i will not consider Stadia.
Streaming only games = Big No No for me.

@Anti-Matter I don't believe that they only stream the games . You must be able to keep them. No one will buy it if it's only streaming and I mean no one.

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

@Ninfan Well, it actually IS only streaming, and you don't have to buy some box to install games on. What you buy with Stadia, is buying access to an external server that your games will be installed and collected on, but you won't have any kind of console in your home. Stadia is not a device, it's a service.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

Well...
Let's just say that this is one for the discerning viewer...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Toy_Link

You can tell that the people who run Google Stadia know a lot about video games.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Banjo-

@Toy_Link LOL

@Ninfan @Anti-Matter To add to your conversation, Digital Foundry have found a lot of visual downgrades compared to Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, resolution issues (upscaling) and lag using a +300 Mbps internet connection.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
So Stadia is even worse than PS4 or Xbox One ?
Glad i choose dedicated console or handhelds by Nintendo or Sony.
Stadia is a big joke for me.
Not even something worthy to try.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Ninfan wrote:

@Dezzy did you buy stadia

Absolutely not. Even if wasn't Google making it, it seems like a really bad product that doesn't really make sense as a business model.

But it IS Google making it, and I dislike and worry about Google because of how much of the internet they already control. Anyone who cares about a free internet should want to limit the power and influence a single company has.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Toy_Link

I swear you can not make this up, just as everyone is saying Stadia is dead because the lack of games, updates, etc. for 40 days from Google, they tweet this out:

"The End Draws Near" is starting to sound like a good tagline for Stadia.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

redd214

@Toy_Link the end is definitely rapidly approaching unless they quickly make some major significant changes to the whole thing. With what's there now and how uninterested they seem to be in it I doubt it'll even be around a year from now.

redd214

Octane

@Toy_Link I did see a report that they just had 40 straight days of no new games, news or updates. So it sounds like it's already on its way out.

@redd214 Did you end up buying it? Cause I remember you talking about it a while back.

Octane

redd214

@Octane yeah bought it around black Friday time. Got a decent discount with a bundle with some other electronics I needed. It does indeed work great, it's just they've fumbled in so many different ways that I too think it's not long until the just cut they're loses. Plus xcloud even just in a preview state is just so much better

redd214

Octane

@redd214 That's worrying.

I wonder, have you used it to play a game from start to finish (I don't recall a lot of new games coming to Stadia), or was it just something to try and see if it works?

Octane

Themnioncy

i dont understand how google stadia will work?Basically theyre letting you play games hosted on their computer through internet? i mean it will only increase MS therefore ping (and single player games will act like laggy multiplayer games where youre the player with 200ms ping)

unless im wrong then please correct me

Themnioncy

redd214

@Octane yeah for me it was never like this will become my main gaming platform, was more just to try it out as the idea of streaming intrigues me. Plus I needed a new Chromecast anyway for one of our tvs so made sense to give it a shot.

The only games I have are Destiny 2 and I've dabbled in the few they've given out with the pro sub. D2 isn't a game you really "finish" however. The most damming thing is D2 is essentially their flagship game however the player counts are so abysmally low its hard to even do many things. Last week for example I played 2 entire Crucible (PVP) matches on my ps4 version before the game even filled in a full lobby on Stadia!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Well, looks like it's the calm before the storm. Which could either mean that they still have some surprise and/or announcement up their sleeves, or that my prediction is actually coming true, which will mean that Stadia will slowly fade out over the course of this year, as most of their new and innovative products do. Just look at how they (mis)handled Google Glass.

Could have been something really great, but they never really put their best efforts into it, or they simply didn't know what they were doing or where they wanted to go with it, which isn't all that different from how they're handling Stadia. They should have taken their cues from OnLive, which while it ultimately failed, was already miles better than whatever we've seen so far from Stadia. And indeed, like @redd214 said, xCloud is also already WAY beyond better than Google's service. Heck, both Xbox Live/GamePass and PlayStation Now were already miles ahead before Stadia ever started, so I wonder what they were even thinking, trying to take on those two already established services with catalogs of thousands of titles.

@redd214 Well, at least you got a brand new Chromecast out of it, and a handy wireless controller for your PC or other consoles. That is: if you bought that founder's edition.

Octane

@redd214 That doesn't sound good. I still don't understand how they thought that not having an exclusive game at launch, or at least a new game, would be a good idea. Destiny 2 being their flagship title says a lot.

@ThanosReXXX I don't feel like this is the right time to do a silence before the storm

The console is out, very little word on it, this is the launch period after all. They should go all out and advertise it. Especially if the competition is already really strong to begin with. If there is a storm coming, it can't come soon enough for them.

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@Octane The console is out? There IS no console, that's the whole (selling) point of Google Stadia.

Anti-Matter

My logic said if there are two exactly games but with different treatments, i will play the games on gaming device where the games can be played OFFLINE without any internet connection.

Anti-Matter

Cotillion

There's been so little advertising or any talk about it at all, that I actually forgot it was even a thing until this thread popped back up

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic