Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 161 to 180 of 387

ThanosReXXX

@blockfight I figured as much, and fair enough for the people that feel the same way, but besides my personal sentiments, it is exactly as many others have also said: it almost seems like Google hasn't thought this through at all, and are just eyeballing it from an almost Utopian perspective, only adding the most minor of disclaimers, such as in the Tweet posted right above your comment, which states " (with appropriate TV and bandwidth)", but then immediately afterwards, they all but nullify that statement again, or dare I say even downright belie it, by still insisting that they can and will deliver 4K streaming regardless, which is simply a lie.

So it actually isn't so much that I'm not a fan of the system, or rather: service, I just don't feel that it has something to offer for true gamers, who for all intent and purposes should already own one or several consoles, and will probably be rather faithful to and satisfied with the brands they've chosen up til now.

On a side note: I obviously can't speak for others, but I'm not a collector or hoarder per se, I just want to have control over the things I buy and in the case of games, I want to have full control over the games and hardware that I like/love (or as much as possible), and that would be able to play whenever I want, regardless of the fact if I ever actually will.

I just want to be safe in the knowledge that if I would want to play them, that the consoles and the games are there, virtually for as long as I'll live. And currently, that's the case for ALL my consoles and handhelds, and I've got quite a few of them. There are also a couple of games that I keep going back to, every now and then, either out of youthful sentiment, or simply because they remain entertaining/good games to play in short bouts every now and then, regardless of their age.

But yeah, like I said in my initial comment in this thread, a couple of pages back, this service that Google is offering, could have a place in the market, even if it's possibly only a niche one, if they make good on ALL their promises and statements, and do something about those ridiculous prices, because no matter which way we look at it, in today's market, or in any market for that matter, people will ALWAYS compare new things to similar things that are already there, so in this case Xbox's GamePass and PlayStation's PS Now, and if Google isn't even on par with these while STILL charging full retail prices for games, then they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding to grab a piece of the video gaming pie, regardless of whether or not they'll find some supporters.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BaldBelper78

When Google announced Stadia, some media suggested that you could game on the go on your I pad. A possible challenge to Nintendo- well provided you had tonnes of data that is.
Having now spent time with Stadia I can confirm that the big N can sleep easily!
It is a decent concept and no doubt it will be tried by others but frankly it’s a disastrous launch.
The launch games are dull. Almost embarrassingly old. This is a launch line up!
You couldn’t play Stadia on the go- not a chance.
But at home... firstly I decided to try it the good old fashioned way- wired!
It works. It’s okay. The graphics are nothing to shout about but it works okay.
I wasn’t mesmerised but there was hope.
Then I moved onto wireless connection. Oh dear me. I get a consistent 50 meg download speed so I thought it would probably run quite well.
Stadia started up nicely. But then it got to the gaming. There is more lag than you get in a prison cell! The graphics are jarred and it makes Witcher on Switch look like the smoothest graphics you have ever seen!
Stadia was always going to be a gamble especially in the UK where wireless still isn’t up to scratch but there is just so much wrong with it.
The launch and hype was pretty much non existent and the gaming experience is just not good enough.
Google are pushing it with the tag line ‘grew console gaming that takes up no space.’
It somehow has still managed to end up being a waste of space.
Switch is still number one!

BaldBelper78

Twitter:

Toy_Link

Not to put all the blame off Google for their misleading advertising, but I do wonder if some devs. are purposely downgrading their graphics on Stadia, so it can make the eventual next gen. remasters of these games look all the more impressive. I imagine that Stadia users will have to pay for these remasters either separately or as a paid add-on to the existing game.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

redd214

It's crazy how much people have to say about something they aren't interested in lol. I ordered a Premier edition today. Needed to upgrade the wifi in the house and needed another Chromecast anyway. Basically getting it free with BF discount! Look forward to trying it in full next week!!

redd214

blockfight

@redd214 It's like the people who tell me I shouldn't enjoy a fifa game. They have no interest in playing it themselves but im wrong for enjoying it. Exact same with Stadia. If you've no interest in it, fine. Im enjoying it though.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

BaldBelper78

I have played it and can honestly say it does have some good ideas. But the way they have handled the launch and got a line up of games that is uninspiring is odd for Google. With X box 2 and PS5 coming next year, this was a chance to have a great launch in the run up to Xmas.
I won’t give up on it yet - hell it took he long enough to give up on the Wii U, but it all feels messy and rushed.
I just can’t see many devs bothering with AAA games when they have dev kits for the next generation.

BaldBelper78

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Goggle Stadia has NO games at all for me after i have researched from Google. 😒

Their games were just bunch of rated 18 games from PC / Xbox One / PS4, typical male games only (fifa, shooting, realistic racing, Dragon Ball, Western superheroes), NO girlie / Casual games like on Nintendo at all.

Sorry but Nintendo always win my heart with their appetizing games library as ever.

Anti-Matter

Justifier

The problem for me is that Google have history of shutting down services. It is very risky to purchase multiple 60€ games, if they decide to shut down Stadia. And Microsofts xcloud seems better option tbh.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Dezzy

I feel like someone should've just told them "This is a really competitive industry. If you wanna be successful, you're gonna need a really good product. And probably like 5 AAA exclusives to launch with."

@Justifier

All companies shut down services that aren't successful and losing them money.

The thing about Google is that they're the only one of the big tech giants who regularly have these kind of half-assed ideas that they just brain fart onto the market. Amazon wouldn't do something like this until they had a much more competitive product.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ninfan

Anyone got a picture of stadia

Ninfan

ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

Ninfan wrote:

Anyone got a picture of stadia

Untitled

redd214

Been using it all day today and it works just as advertised. Minimal/unnoticeable lag and picture quality is indistinguishable from the ps4. Granted I have very very fast internet and I live right in the middle of the data center/server capital of the world, literally. Definitely lots of links to iron out but works very well from my experience so far

redd214

Ninfan

@redd214 games sound great for stadia ( like tomb raider). But is that the way it works I pay for the game but its not mine to keep.

Ninfan

redd214

@Ninfan this has been answered for you before bud

redd214

Wesker

The Chrome Cast is tiny. Much smaller than my Apple TV.

Wesker

Dezzy

redd214 wrote:

and I live right in the middle of the data center/server capital of the world, literally.

Where is that?

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I i were you, i will not consider Stadia.
Streaming only games = Big No No for me.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic