Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 101 to 120 of 387

Anti-Matter

Stadia has no games.
It just only bunch of @$#$ 18+ games.

Anti-Matter

CanisWolfred

Its launch line-up consists almost entirely of AAA action games that are already available on other platforms. I can't help but hear sirens going off in my head...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Toy_Link

I think Google is inflating the views for their Stadia Connect. The comment section has only about 300 comments on a video with a million views on the trending tab. I checked the rest of the videos on the trending tab and all of them have at least one thousand comments (even on videos with a lower view count than the Connect).

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Dezzy

I'm very glad this looks rubbish. No tech monopolies in the games industry please. Things are fine just the way they are. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and PC have a pretty healthy balance of competition in terms of platform holders. Anything new that comes along is probably gonna make it worse rather than better.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Toy_Link

"You can play Destiny 2 on the go using the power of the internet! That's never been done before."

Matthew010

They might've had a chance if they'd revealed a good first party title for launch, but if you have a PS4 or Xbox, I can't see you buying Destiny 2 ls Stadia when you could buy it on your console. First party games are what make your platform different from the competition, as Nintendo has proven time and time again.

Matthew010

redd214

Release date for Stadia just announced, November 19th!

redd214

Toy_Link

It's coming out in a week and I really haven't seen any hype floating about for this.

Justifier

Maybe it is just me but I just don't see the audience for this. It is clearly not for those who own Xbox One or PS4.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

CanisWolfred

Justifier wrote:

Maybe it is just me but I just don't see the audience for this. It is clearly not for those who own Xbox One or PS4.

I think they're banking on the mobile market and people who can only afford that one laptop you use for school/work to try it out. Their pricing model kind of ruins it, though, since you basically have to pay a subscription fee and buy the games outright, though I guess a free version is coming out at a later date. Honestly, I'm not sure that market has much interest in the any of the games they've announced...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Justifier

CanisWolfred wrote:

Justifier wrote:

I think they're banking on the mobile market and people who can only afford that one laptop you use for school/work to try it out. Their pricing model kind of ruins it, though, since you basically have to pay a subscription fee and buy the games outright, though I guess a free version is coming out at a later date. Honestly, I'm not sure that market has much interest in the any of the games they've announced...

Yeah, but I don't believe that people who don't want to purchase PS4/Xbox One, wan't to pay 60 dollars per game. But I agree, idea is good, but pricing is not.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Dezzy

Justifier wrote:

They don't seem to have any clear idea themselves and the whole concept behind the product seems internally conflicting.

On one hand, it's kinda appealing to the more casual audience by saying you don't need to buy this massive expensive machine, but on the other hand the main benefit of the service is that you can play the most graphically advanced games without needing the most advanced hardware.

I'm not sure how that adds up. The people who want to play the most graphically advanced games also tend to be the people who are fine with paying for an expensive piece of hardware, because they generally think it'll end up paying for itself over the generation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

blockfight

Personally I'm looking forward to this as a long term option. The launch line-up might not be amazing but it's great potential going forward. Gonna test it out tomorrow on laptop and on Thursday on my TV with Chromecast. Hoping it runs well.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

redd214

@blockfight unless you're getting the founders pack you won't be able to play on your TV. They mentioned that only the Chromecasts shipping with the founders pack will work with Stadia at launch and others will work via a yet to be determined update in the future.

Reviews are starting to trickle out and as expected are underwhelming. Main points I've gotten is that the tech itself works pretty much as advertised but the confusion, lack of features essentially make it a beta launch. I think if Google had called it that from the jump it would've mitigated at least some of the negativity.

Edit: great DF article about the tech side
https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2019-stadia-tech...

Edited on by redd214

redd214

blockfight

@redd214 I've ordered the founders pack. Says it will arrive on Thursday or Friday. But in the meantime I'll test it out on the laptop.
The launch line up for me actually is good since ive played mostly Nintendo switch games for the last 2 years and missed out on the other consoles big hits.

Mayo for Sam. Year TBC.

Jimez

Stadia isn't aimed at those with a PlayStation or an Xbox, it's for those who don't have the funds for one of these consoles but still want to experience the top gaming experiences. From what i've been reading, the reviews are saying it's ok but lacking (as it was mentioned earlier, the launch seems like a paid beta access over the full experience).

Plus, both Microsoft and Sony have their own streaming services in Xbox Gamepass and PSNow (with the first being the better option (at present)).

Stadia isn't appealing to me as a gamer, anyone getting Stadia i applaud and respect you for it. It's a new piece of tech, but in my view (and others) the way Google handle their services, i'm not a fan of buying a game that Google can literally take away without giving me an option to play on a different service.

Jimez

Ralizah

I genuinely don't understand how Google wants you to pay $120+ plus the full cost for games just to have the privilege to stream them! Especially in a world where you can get a cheap Xbox One on sale, pay for GamePass, and have access to a larger number of games every year for less money than what it'd cost you to get Stadia and even a couple of games.

@Jimez Pretty sure you don't stream GamePass games. You download and play them.

And you can do the same for PS4 games on PS Now. Streaming is only for games not natively playable on the hardware, like PS3 games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

@Ralizah there are a number of PS4 games available on Now as well.

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic