Forums

Topic: Google Stadia

Posts 101 to 111 of 111

NEStalgia

@AlohaPizzaJack 5G sounds like taking everything that was wrong with Clearwire and doubling down on it. I loved Clearwire, it was a great product that was used incorrectly and attempted with insufficient budget, but it was way ahead of its time where it worked. WiMax was a great standard, and parts of Russia was using WiMax 2.0 that actually pushed near 5G levels. But it wasn't meant to be setup like cell towers. It should have been directional with fixed receivers. And more importantly it had much lower spectrum to work with so it had broader coverage, but was considered too high.

5G takes unwanted, unusable UHF violet spectrum and tries to make high bandwidth radio transmission out of them. It's like trying to broadcast Bluetooth to a city. If they could do it all in 800Mhz or such it could be great. But there's far too little bandwidth down there to do it.

I just find it hysterical that a big component of the "transformational" 5G, is building a whole second 4G grid atop the existing one to double it. That doesn't sound like much confidence in 5G if part of it's core is just doubling the old system.

That's like a PS5 upgrade requiring 2 PS4s and some duct tape to put inside the new box to run.

Edit: That's actually part of the problem. WiMax was an Intel/US tech. LTE was a Chinese tech that was set up first, and put into large production first, thus became a standard and had lower costs with a larger world market, so LTE won the major carriers and WiMax died. They want to avoid that this time, but their solution for doing so is fast-tracking a "solution" that has no chance of actually working. One look at a US map tells you a solution that depends on large transceivers with a 600ft range to cover 100% of that map isn't a viable solution.

Meanwhile companies like Verizon stopped rolling out fiber to new areas, because the 5G will be much cheaper than digging wires to every house. Which is silly because it omits that they still have to dig the wires PAST every house, anyway, and the transceivers are much more expensive to install and run than the fiber drop and ONTs.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@Galarian_Lassie Hey now, I think we've seen plenty of evidence to show that Konami has no idea what it's doing as far as gaming is concerned. Not exactly the best metric. Though, now that you mention mobile, without the standard upfront price models, it's entirely possible that publishers might try to push even harder for microtransactions. Even if Stadia gates off the worst offenders, it's entirely possible it might become another garbage dump the way mobile has been for years now...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Anti-Matter

Stadia has no games.
It just only bunch of @$#$ 18+ games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

CanisWolfred

Its launch line-up consists almost entirely of AAA action games that are already available on other platforms. I can't help but hear sirens going off in my head...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Toy_Link

I think Google is inflating the views for their Stadia Connect. The comment section has only about 300 comments on a video with a million views on the trending tab. I checked the rest of the videos on the trending tab and all of them have at least one thousand comments (even on videos with a lower view count than the Connect).

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Dezzy

I'm very glad this looks rubbish. No tech monopolies in the games industry please. Things are fine just the way they are. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and PC have a pretty healthy balance of competition in terms of platform holders. Anything new that comes along is probably gonna make it worse rather than better.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Toy_Link

"You can play Destiny 2 on the go using the power of the internet! That's never been done before."

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

Matthew010

They might've had a chance if they'd revealed a good first party title for launch, but if you have a PS4 or Xbox, I can't see you buying Destiny 2 ls Stadia when you could buy it on your console. First party games are what make your platform different from the competition, as Nintendo has proven time and time again.

Matthew010

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic