Forums

Topic: Giant Touch Screen game machines are set up at bus stops in San Francisco

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Ecto-1

And I thought the DSi XL's screens were big.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

turtlelink

@dragon or maybe some little kids will scratch it to death. I've seen it on the top screen of DSes in Walmart.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

theblackdragon

yep, i could see 'em gettin' keyed and stuff too... hope it was worth it for 'em to install, lol

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SonicMaster

@Dragoon omg, at my walmart too! One of the screens wasn't visible when the system was on, and the system was jacked up beyond playability anyways. Also, I was playing a GBA game on my DS Lite once, and this girl just comes up, rubs the bottom screen with her finger, and says, "What's that for?" >:[

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

Ecto-1

Any electronic device available for public use is destined to be destroyed. The masses have no appreciation of such devices and, as several people have already said, people tend to abuse them. I was trying to look at some of the laptops in my local Walmart the other day, but every one of the store's display units have been vandalized. Many were missing several, if not all, of their keys and the screen was completely shattered in another. Sadly, these Giant Touch Screen game machines will probably meet a similar fate.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Tasuki

Its just going to be like the touch ATM pads at stores. Some idiot will take a pen to them and mark them up kids with grimmy fingers will put prints all over them. Yeeeeeah lets see what those will look like in a year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HolyMackerel

Wow, that's pretty sad. If they put these things in public places round here they would never be stolen, pissed on or deliberately broken. People would actually use them to play the games and I imagine they would be very popular.

HolyMackerel

Mabbit

That actually sounds pretty cool. I would spend a lot more time waiting for the bus if I lived in San Francisco. Unfortunately, we all know that they're going to get violated more than an 8 year who went into a van for candy. I bet that they'll have security cameras or alarms though, so that should help.

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Tasuki

Link-Hero wrote:

Most of those morons who do that think that since they don't own those devices, then why should they care of how well they treat them? Really, that is the only explanation I can think of why they do it.

Sometimes I get so sick of it that I wish I could do something about it. Sadly, I can’t. Only the stores can do that, but they never do anything about it. And now we are going to see it on the streets.

The reason it seems that the stores dont do anything about them is cause in the end it all adds up to money. It would cost them too much to replace those pads every months or so.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Xkhaoz

zezhyrule wrote:

Why do people so love destroying electronics? What is there to gain?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.