Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 842

Daniel36

@ryobi85 Haha, it will always be 6 versus 7. Though, I must say, lately I spotted a LOT of FF8 lovers on here and places. That one got a lot of hate way back when, but it seems is a favourite to many folks as well.

Daniel36

Dezzy

@Daniel36

Given that no social media existed when it came out, it was harder to find people who hated something back then.
I don't remember any negativity about FF8 when it came out. The reviews were extremely positive and everyone I knew who liked 7 also liked 8.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Dezzy

Yeah, they said “play it first“ on PS4. Not “only on PS4 for good“.

Yeah I do think it will come to Xbox, but it'll probably be at least a year later.

The inconvenient fact is that they don't sell that much on Xbox. Look at the sales for FFXV. It was massively skewed toward Playstation.

The data I saw suggested it was like 70% PS4, 15% Xbox, 15% PC
(PC obviously coming out a lot later so shouldn't be expected to be as high.)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

I'm really in awe at how good this looks. My only issue is that everything looks so realistic now that it seems kinda weird that Tifa is just punching a kicking a giant monster and somehow damaging it. Lol that would do zero damage:

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@BruceCM

That's literally the same video I just posted dude!

BruceCM

Oh, sorry... @Dezzy; deleted my post now

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

PikPi

I truly hope that they announce at least an expected release window for the next "chapter" soon after the first launches. I still think that anything over a year between parts is gonna make the whole experience really weird

PikPi

Dezzy

Yep they definitely need to give a release window. My guess is still 2 years between releases. They are making full-length games. Noway can they do that in a year.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

They also need to decide how many parts, @PikPi & @Dezzy .... I wonder how many people will bother getting part 1 until there's at least some idea on the rest of them

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Lol that's why they're not calling it part 1. As far as the title goes, lots of people think they're getting a full game.

Edited on by Dezzy

Snaplocket

The game looks really good but after FF XV and KH III I'm a bit wary. Those games weren't bad just underwhelming.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

BruceCM

Well .... I think most people looking forward to it probably do know, @Dezzy But they really should put that on the front, for anyone who doesn't If anyone does pick it up not knowing & only finds out at the end, they're not going to be happy

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Daniel36

@Dezzy They ARE getting a full game. Breath of the Wild is a full game, no? Just because there will be a part 2 doesn't make it any less of a full game.

And I really don't think the game will end abruptly or without some kind of closure to the story for those with no interest of going any further.

Daniel36

BruceCM

Not the same, @Daniel36 .... This is a remake of ONE game .... Whereas Breath of the Wild 2 will be a SEQUEL to a game that was complete on it's own There wasn't any talk about even a possible sequel until E3, more than 2 years after the first one

SW-4357-9287-0699

Daniel36

@BruceCM Well... They do call it a remake... So yeah, you got me there... :S

Daniel36

Snaplocket

@Daniel36 You really walked into that one Cyrus and you call yourself a researcher.

Daniel36

A true scientist admits when he is wrong.

Daniel36

Dezzy

@Daniel36

Well there are 3 groups of people. 1 is the group who follows all of the gaming news and knows everything that's going on with the game (everyone here probably).
2 is the group who don't follow all of the gaming news but have played the original game, so they know that the story doesn't end in Midgar.
3 is the group who don't follow the gaming news AND haven't played the original, so have no idea that the story continues long after leaving Midgar.

People in groups 2 and 3 might end up getting a bit annoyed by how this is being handled, because unless it's explicitly spelled out what they're doing, it is kinda unusual what they're doing. I don't think any other remake has ever done this!

Edited on by Dezzy

Snaplocket

@Dezzy So long story short. It's called Final Fantasy VII because... marketing.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Well I think they probably ran some economic calculations to figure out which approach would be best. The 3 groups I mentioned above will react slightly differently to different names for the game, so they probably just tried to optimize the most positive response depending on how big those 3 groups are.

DarthNocturnal

This calls for some gratuitous Latin in the title.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic