Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 803

DarthNocturnal

I wonder if tomorrow's direct might have more FF game announcements. All current gen consoles are still missing III, IV, After Years, V and VI. Not to mention other notable SE RPGs like Chrono Trigger (which is already on PC).

I wouldn't mind seeing Chrono Cross get the FF VII-IX treatment either.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

They should do FF1-6 as a single package. That'd be good!

Or FF13 trilogy. I might give Lightning Returns a second go if I had it on Switch.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

StableInvadeel

Why do that when you could offer them individually for 10 dollars each though

Aw that reminded me that they absolutely made a 3D enhanced remake of the first game for the 3DS and never released it outside of Japan. I don’t think they even made it available for purchase there either, as far as I know it was a preorder bonus for a weird spinoff nobody played. Now I’m sad.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

Not even PC has I and II. It's been a long time coming. I expected them to come before Chrono Trigger, if only so they could say “all main FF games are on PC“.

I'd kinda like to see a new version of I though. Most ports are based on the GBA version, which is, aside from a select number of bonus bosses, far too easy.

I'd like a remake that factors in abilities the six original jobs have gained in later games. Give Monk stuff like “Kick“ or “Brace“, Red Mage with Dualcast, Knight with Cover, etc. Difficulty would be tuned to factor in these additions, of course. Kinda like FF IV DS and it's augments.

BruceCM

How about Dimensions, @DarthNocturnal .... ? 1st is a good game that really should be on consoles It'd be awesome if they brought the Chaos Rings games to them, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Xyphon22

Hooray! I finally beat FF VI. Thanks for all the help and advice that everyone gave. Now I wait for VII to go on a good sale, and then I think I'll be done with this series.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DarthNocturnal

@BruceCM

I'd be down for a port of Dimensions. I actually played a little ways in, but no cloud save support kinda ended my run when I got a new tablet.

It felt like it had a strong FFV vibe, and V is my favorite FF. So yeah, definitely add that one to the list.

Dezzy

Damn this is looking unbelievable. The production values are some of the best I've ever seen:

The ONLY thing that stood out for me as a bit of a problem is that all 3 of the female voices sound very very similar. I struggled to know which was speaking without seeing moving lips.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

The only thing that stood out for me is the lack of an XB1 logo at the end.

It looks awesome, but it's kinda hard to get hyped when a game you want is coming out on the one platform you don't have.

Hopefully the exclusivity period is brief.

Magician

FF VII Remake looks good. Although I'm not sure how I feel about turning the first third of the game into an alleged sixty-hour romp, but I can't deny that I'm interested. Chances are I'll just wait until the game is one complete package on PS5 in 2024, or whenever all these games are officially done.

Switch Physical Collection - 406 games (as of September 16th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

@Magician

Lol it's a lot less than a third. It's about 1/5 of the game at most.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

The only thing that stood out for me is the lack of an XB1 logo at the end.

It looks awesome, but it's kinda hard to get hyped when a game you want is coming out on the one platform you don't have.

Hopefully the exclusivity period is brief.

They did explicitly confirm it was only PS4 at launch a while ago. I wouldn't expect Xbox any time soon.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Magician wrote:

Chances are I'll just wait until the game is one complete package on PS10 in 2077

FTFY....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Bunkerneath

Holy Crap that video for FFVII remake is bloody amazing. Looks like they have played around with the storyline a little, but my god.

I might just have to buy a PS4 for that game (once all of them have been released as they said it would be a 3 part game right?)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Nah FF VII Remake. 🙄
I will re-experience the Epicness of FF VIII PS1 on my PS2 USA next month according to my shopping list.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

@Bunkerneath

I think they had to play with the storyline in order to make the Midgar part 50 hours long. It's only like 5 or 6 hours in the original.

Daniel36

FF7 Remake looks great and all, but have you ever thought about an FF6 Remake?

Daniel36

Dezzy

I've thought about it a lot. They should remake 6 with the Octopath Traveller style.

Daniel36

@Dezzy I like the way you are thinking, yes!! Very much yes!

Daniel36

ryobi85

Ff7 is The top game for me

it's smash time people

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

Yeah, they said “play it first“ on PS4. Not “only on PS4 for good“.

And with how much Square is supporting other platforms, I think it's a matter of when, not if. So hopefully the wait isn't super long (like a year).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic