Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 744

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

If I want to wait and buy the ultimate kingly super complete nova exodus perfecta edition that comes with all the final content, how long do you think it will take?

We'll probably find out during this event.

The current information we have suggests that everything will be done by the beginning of Summer. Depends if the release dates they mention actually line up with the original schedule or not. This was their original schedule:

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Oh and here's another old leak that people have passed around. This was posted before they announced a second season of 4 DLC. So that makes it fairly likely to be accurate I'd say. We had no idea they were doing 4 at that point. They'd only mentioned 2 as being likely.
I sure hope this is accurate. Expanded Niflheim map and they're trying to make it all seamless with the main game. Yes please.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Snaplocket

@Dezzy All this DLC is really getting to me. This game came out TWO YEARS AGO and yet they're still adding stuff to a game that is (arguably) not that great. A lot of which is stuff that should have been in the game in the first place. (imo and most other's opinions as well)

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Anti-Matter

I got information from Siliconera about World of Final Fantasy Maxima that SquareEnix will do a presentation about that game on 5th November 2018.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

@Snaplocket

I'm willing to bet that if they never added any bonus content, people would complain. They'd complain either way. At least this way, the game can maximize it's potential.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Snaplocket

@DarthNocturnal I'd rather they spend the time and money making a whole new installment. "Maximizing it's potential" is hogwash. Yes, people would probably complain either way but adding so much DLC to this game just makes its unfinished state all the more blatant. Spend the time on a new installment and try to have a clear vision from the start this time.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

I think it depends on how you saw the original game really. If you saw it as just a bad game across the board, it's understandable to be annoying that they've continued to add so much.

Whereas if you saw it as a really good game that just wasn't finished (which was my take) then the fact they've continued to work on it is awesome.
I'm very glad they've largely salvaged it. After they've added all of this final lot of DLC, it will probably one of my favourite in the series. Top 5 anyway.

DarthNocturnal

I didn't even have the season pass and I still enjoyed it. I dunno if I have a “top x“ placement for it, but it was a positive experience overall.

And seeing as how I still don't have Royal Edition, I may consider actually waiting until the newer all-in-one version comes out.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Snaplocket

@DarthNocturnal I think it's a good but nowhere near great game at the base level, but all the DLC undermines that. It makes one realize just how unfinished the game was at launch. I refuse to buy it since I bought the game day one at full price. DLC shouldn't be needed just so the story is complete.

Morpheel

Well the base story is complete. It just skips some background details.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

I haven't played a main FF game since FFXII. I did play some spinoffs, like the awesome Theatrhythmn, and the meh World of FF. I really wish they'd make a Chocobo Racing sequel.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Morpheel

@Snaplocket yup!

It’s hard to tell when one focuses so much in what’s not there, but basically everything you need to understand the main story is there.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snaplocket

@Yosheel There are still major problems with even ignoring the background (Lunafreya's character and the weak antagonist being the biggest issues.) If those are things fixed in the DLC then count me out. The story as a whole isn't very good.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

The only thing that's really missing for the story to feel complete is the part where the empire falls apart. Such a big and important part of the game and it takes place entirely off-camera.
It sounds like that will be part of Aranea's DLC though.

Everything else I think is just supplementary. The Luna stuff will make it a better game but it's not essential for the story.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

Gameplay Demo of World of Final Fantasy Maxima Japan version.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

I bet you were overjoyed for a Final Fantasy game with chibi elements werent you?

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Yup.

My Top 6 games :

Dezzy

They're apparently considering including some of the "Compilation of FF7" material in the remake:

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/nomura-various-developments-being...

For any noobs out there, that's the name they gave to the series of prequels and sequels that were released for the game. So:
Before Crisis, Crisis Core, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus.
(you can remember it because it's BC and AD, as if FF7 was Jesus)

Also, reminder that the FFXV video presentation is today/tomorrow depending on where you are. Hyped!

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Absolute scandal.

They've canceled 3 out of 4 of the DLC that we've been waiting a year for. I thought Activision would be the worst developer this week. Square Enix just made them look like saints.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/final-fantasy-xv-dlcs-episode-ara...

So there we go. The only one they're actually making is Episode Ardyn. Coming out in March. Including a prequel cutscene (possibly anime) that will release in December.

Ugh, so much excitement for this event and then such a massive disappointment, I think I may have short-term depression.
Well the only upside of this is that people who've been waiting to play the game can just get the Royal Edition now. There won't be another retail release for the sake of 1 DLC.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic