Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,675

Eel

It's kinda funny but what totally surprised me was hearing voices. And in English.

I don't know why, I just never really thought about Final Fantasy 7 with voice acting before.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

It's kinda funny but what totally surprised me was hearing voices. And in English.

I don't know why, I just never really thought about Final Fantasy 7 with voice acting before.

Did you not watch Advent Children, play Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

None of those are final fantasy 7.

And out of those, I only watched Advent Children, in Japanese... Which might as well be animal crossing speak, because I don’t understand it.

Bloop.

Dezzy

Well yeah but they all have the same characters being voice acted, so it's obviously relevant.

Eel

I heard a Zelda speak fluent Spanish in Breath of the Wild.

I would still be surprised/amused if a remake of, say, Ocarina of Time adding voice acting. Not because it’s weird or unexpected, simply because it’s new and different in that specific context.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
"I heard a Zelda speak fluent Spanish in Breath of the Wild."

What?
Link puede hablar en español también??

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

I heard a Zelda speak fluent Spanish in Breath of the Wild.

I would still be surprised/amused if a remake of, say, Ocarina of Time adding voice acting. Not because it’s weird or unexpected, simply because it’s new and different in that specific context.

That's a different incarnation of Zelda though. Crisis Core and Advent Children are supposed to be the same characters just a year before and after.
You should totally play Crisis Core if you haven't anyway cos it's a great game.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Just finished my final playthrough of FFXV, now that it's finally complete, so thought I'd give my thoughts, for anyone else who's played it or is looking to play it.

It's truly incredible how much they improved this game from its original launch version. I really would say they turned it from a 7/10 game into a 9/10 game. Pretty much every single update they've added was a genuine improvement to either the story or the gameplay. Here's my main summary:

Positives:
-The main DLC episodes have fixed most of the problems with the game's story and pacing. Ignis, Prompto and Ardyn DLC plugged the massive holes in the story. Whereas Prompto, Comrades, Ardyn and Expanded Insomnia fix the awful pacing of the launch version by adding a lot more non-linearity and exploration to the second half of the game. At launch the second half felt like FF13 corridors. It no longer does because all of those DLC contain a fair amount of exploration.
-Cor, Aranea and Ravus all feel more fleshed-out characters now because of how many times they were included in these DLC. At launch they felt so under-developed.
-A massive amount of side-quests have been added since launch. The Regalia races are excellent. The Timed Quests are fun. The FFXIV crossover is great, especially given that it had an impact on the rest of the game.
-Some of the smaller gameplay additions in the Royal Pack were surprisingly really good. I loved being able to sail around the ocean. Even if there wasn't much to do, it was just a really relaxing way to go fishing and take photos at the various hotspots. The Armiger Unleashed ability you unlock after getting all of the Royal Arms is really good too. Super fun to use and really makes you feel powerful. A great reward for doing all of those optional dungeons and essential if you're going to work through all of the menace dungeons.

Negatives:

-Really hoped they would add some final patch to make all of the DLC and add-on content seamless with the main game. Sadly they didn't, so it's a bit of a hassle to play it all in sequence. Not the end of the world though.
-The only remaining hole in the story is Luna's lack of a meaningful role. She's really the only character that feels short-changed and largely pointless, despite having so much potential. Really glad she did make a cameo in the Expanded Insomnia chapter though. Felt good to bring it full circle given she was such an important part of the original motivations.
-Gladio's DLC still feels pretty much pointless to the story, although it's fairly fun gameplay-wise. I'm glad they slightly linked it up with the Ardyn anime though, due to a crossover character.

Final Verdict 9/10
Really impressed how much they rescued this mess of a game. The story, characters and world are some of the best they've ever made.
It's cemented itself as my 5th favourite FF game. (FF9,FF7,FF6,FF10,FF15).
Make sure you play it. But make sure you follow a guide of the correct order to play/watch everything, or you might miss something.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magician

Although Square Enix's E3 press conference was great, I wonder how bad the backlash for FF7R will be once players discover that it's only a third of the game?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TuVictus

At this point, can't imagine any worse than what's already been seen. We already knew it was episodic, and honestly the fact that it's just Midgard doesn't surprise me, either. Still disappointed about it, but at least they finally have a release date, though I may just wait until at least the second part is released. It'll suck to get to the end of Midgard and then realize you probably need to wait another 2 years minimum to get the next part

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

I saw and heard Barrett on FF VII remake said s*** during Boss battle with Scorpion robot. 😒
What the heck?!

Anti-Matter

TuVictus

In the original, it was written as &#&$# characters. They just took off the censor lol

TuVictus

Ralizah

@Dezzy I only played the demo, which completely put me off the game. Do big gobs of imperials still get air-dropped on your party every couple of minutes?

@PikPi

LMAO M-rated based on all the salty language alone.

Untitled

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
OMG.... 😮
Cid said bad words too?! (But the words censored) 😕
Hopefully the bad words both from dubbing and text heavily censored (Use "beep" sound and the text changed into symbols) for final product. 🙄

Anti-Matter

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter Cloud also said B****** at the end, it's just a curse word, no big deal

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter I'm guessing they'll just lessen the profanity a bit and keep it uncensored, like in the trailer with Barrett. Which works for me. The profanity was only funny in the original because of the rudimentary 3D models and the Q-Bert-esque censorship.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy I only played the demo, which completely put me off the game. Do big gobs of imperials still get air-dropped on your party every couple of minutes?

It changes a lot throughout the game. There's some points where they do, but not for the majority they don't.
The demo of FFXV was highly unrepresentative of the final version though, so you shouldn't avoid it based on that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic