Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,675

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yes that was something the game did brilliantly in my opinion. The world design in general was very good but the dungeons especially were. They not only feel very organic but they're all completely different from one another. I think Steyliff Grove and Costelmark Tower are the only ones that feel kinda the same.

I also love how you can easily miss a whole series of cool locations if you just don't explore. They really don't signpost the cool locations at all. The only obvious ones are those that you can see from the road like Ravatogh and Costelmark.

But a dungeon like Crestholm Channels, which is one of the most interesting, is probably gonna elude about 80% of players, unless they end up getting to the quest from Cindy later in the game where she signposts it with a questmarker.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I'm further in now, played through Episode Ignis and just started Prompto. Never would I ever have imagined the way Ignis' story during Altissia played out. Not only that, but the gameplay was extremely fun to play with.

The story, though, outshines all the others, I feel. Just seeing more of Ravus, getting more concrete details about why the characters acted as they were without needing to read up on lore outside the game was very evocative of the Final Fantasies of old, where the cutscenes felt worthwhile.

Oh, and the alternate path to his story is exactly what I thought was gonna be released as the alternate ending next year, so now I'm not sure what to expect short of certain events being completely undone.

But yeah, I find Ignis to be the most badass of the group, now. I'm sure Prompto's story will be good as well, but more for the explanation of what he did in his absence as well as a more clearly stated version of his back story.

And now that I understand the villain much more, I really feel bad for him. He really did get screwed over by everyone around him. Still a jerk, but understandably so, and I think that makes him one of the best FF villains to date, in my opinion. Just wish they did more with him in the end.

All this being said, it's still clear that this isn't the game they originally envisioned. Playing through the game again, I can still feel the patchwork that went into trying to get the game out once and for all. Like even just looking at the geography of the empire and Altissia on the map, it seemed like they wanted us to be able to explore the entire map, otherwise why would they bother with some of the more pointless geographical locations such as Cortina(don't remember the spelling), which seemed like it had a sizable city to go through with roads in it, and of course both Insomnia and Gralea being these huge metropolitan hubs that we're quickly corralled through.

EDIT: Also, the Regalia Monster Truck is a god send. Even if the simplest tree can bring you to a halt. I love not having to follow just the roads now, especially for the more tedious hunts.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

Yep, episode Ignis is easily one of the best parts of the game. It's a crime that it wasn't part of the original launch version of the game.

The 4chan leaks (that correctly described the entire game's plot 6 months before launch) did talk about the cut areas from the game.
They said that the original plan was for Cartanica to be explorable on the Niflheim continent (I assume that's what you mean by Cortina). It was never going to be the whole continent though. It was going to be Cartanica and all of the surrounding desert-like area was explorable with the car/chocobos then it was going to be on-rails to Tenebrae. Tenebrae would be explorable and then it would be on-rails again to Gralea.
We have good reason to think this is all true. Not only were these leaks correct about everything else, but the boundary breaks have shown that Cartanica IS almost entirely designed in high-detail (that you'd never find for something intended to be background decoration only). Also, the old mine you visit and fight the Malboro is noway near the actual train tracks on the map. In the game, it's implied that it's at the bottom of the elevator from the train. But if you look at the map in detail, it's actually quite a way off. Probably about a 10 minute walk. This suggests that the explorable map was cut at the last minute (otherwise they would've just moved the mine to be at the bottom of the elevator, as it's implied to be).

I'm fairly confident SOME of these problems will be addressed in the next DLC. I'm hoping even if they don't patch all of these areas into the main game, they'll at least be explorable in the DLC. One reason to think they might patch it in though is that they made the boat controllable in the royal edition, despite it being fairly pointless in the current game. That immediately made me think that they might be planning to allow you to sail to the Niflheim continent in a future patch.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

@Dezzy haha thanks for correcting the spelling. Yeah the whole city seemed way too detailed to just be a background setting. It'll be interesting to see how they reincorporate it back into the story next year. As it is though, I can finally say it feels like a full final fantasy game. If I had to have picked one thing that I think they should have kept in, regardless of how long it would have taken, would be Ingis' role in the plot.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

I don't know how likely it is that we'll get the Cartanica part made explorable. I think far more likely is that we'll get explorable Tenebrae because that has more story relevance. We know Aranea was there in the game and Luna was there prior to the events of the game. That's also a location they'd designed in quite a lot of detail, as you can see in the various trailers and in the boundary breaks.

Ardyn will have spent a lot of time in Niflheim as well. They said his DLC will involve his clashing with the Astrals and we know the confrontation with Shiva happened in Niflheim.
I dunno what they'll do with that DLC though. It'll be weird to actually control the villain. I kinda hope it's just a series of cutscenes that you maybe unlock in the late-game somehow. That'd work.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

A knife? Did you notice how big she was?

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

See; Tonberry.

That reminds me of my favourite line of dialogue in FFXV. There's an random line of dialogue that occasionally happens if you encounter a tonberry. Ignis says "A chef's knife? Perhaps he is offering us a culinary challenge?"

Dezzy

Thank god, my Final Fantasy needs are revived:

FFXV special broadcast November 7th.
https://gematsu.com/2018/11/final-fantasy-xv-special-program-...

Untitled

So this should include quite a lot. We're waiting for the 4 character DLC, the last updates to Comrades AND the level editor for the PC version.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eel

If I want to wait and buy the ultimate kingly super complete nova exodus perfecta edition that comes with all the final content, how long do you think it will take?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

a year, when the next set of dlc is finished releasing (hopefully)

I love the game but after playing it again with all the first DLC packs, I'm getting burned out on the world as a whole. If they can find a way to hide more dungeons in a new map, though, that would get me to come back.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@subpopz "Our budget was low" -Squeenix.

I'm really anxious to see how Orochi handles on Switch. It's gorgeous in some places on PS4, but weirdly looks a lot like UE4 with DQXI. But it looked pretty meh on Vita. Not sure what direction they took Switch.

@Dezzy I really really really want that DLC! Though Nier is tiding me over until then.

@Yosheel Take the release date of FFXV, subtract the release date of FFXIII-Versus, multiply by the number of minutes between the FFVII-R reveal and the actual release date of the first episode, then divide by the date the universe ends, and you shall have your answer.
TL;DR 12-23 years. It may or may not be a PSIX launch exclusive remastered edition. Cobalt may know more.

NEStalgia

Eel

Haha that last one.

True though I might just go for the whatever the current edition is whenever I do get the Xbox one.

Does the game go on sale regularly?

Bloop.

Eel

Oh that would've been nice to know, since I am now into purchasing games before I even have the console and stuff.

Well maybe it will go on sale again soon. I still have time...

Bloop.

Dezzy

Yosheel wrote:

If I want to wait and buy the ultimate kingly super complete nova exodus perfecta edition that comes with all the final content, how long do you think it will take?

We'll probably find out during this event.

The current information we have suggests that everything will be done by the beginning of Summer. Depends if the release dates they mention actually line up with the original schedule or not. This was their original schedule:

Untitled

Dezzy

Oh and here's another old leak that people have passed around. This was posted before they announced a second season of 4 DLC. So that makes it fairly likely to be accurate I'd say. We had no idea they were doing 4 at that point. They'd only mentioned 2 as being likely.
I sure hope this is accurate. Expanded Niflheim map and they're trying to make it all seamless with the main game. Yes please.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

I got information from Siliconera about World of Final Fantasy Maxima that SquareEnix will do a presentation about that game on 5th November 2018.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

I think it depends on how you saw the original game really. If you saw it as just a bad game across the board, it's understandable to be annoying that they've continued to add so much.

Whereas if you saw it as a really good game that just wasn't finished (which was my take) then the fact they've continued to work on it is awesome.
I'm very glad they've largely salvaged it. After they've added all of this final lot of DLC, it will probably one of my favourite in the series. Top 5 anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic