Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,675

Dezzy

Lol "use the Aerith Amiibo to revive her" would be the tackiest thing ever.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

@Dezzy what if it just allowed you to use her healing limit break in battle once a day regardless of her current, uh, status...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DanteSolablood

@Yosheel @Dezzy Personally I'd love an Aerith amiibo to unlock more content for the Aerith Ghost - like a final goodbye conversation.

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

DanteSolablood

Apologies for the spoiler, hopefully it was not read by anyone that didn't know before I edited in the spoiler tag. If it helps, I was talking about Aerith Smith from Wales in the UK & not from FF7?

Leaves through the shame door

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Dezzy

I was reading the old leaks about FFXV that came from 4chan before the game released (and later ended up being 99.9% accurate), and I have a prediction about one of the upcoming DLC.

The leaks told us that they were originally intending a lot of the Niflheim continent to be explorable but had to cut it as they ran out of time. One of the things that was specifically mentioned was that you'd arrive at Tenebrae before the empire attacked it. You'd explore the city a bit, including Luna's room, and there'd be a dungeon to do there before you have to defend against the attack.
One of the reasons to think this is true (on top of everything else he said being accurate) is that the boundary breaks showed that Luna's room is indeed fully modelled and located inside one of the buildings on the map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSLN4La1Kk
There's no reason they'd actually put that there unless they planned to visit the location (the only time you see it in-game is from the inside so it wouldn't matter where it's located)

My prediction is that this is what Episode Aranea will be. The description they've given is that her episode will be set on the day the empire falls. That is more or less the right day and Aranea was at Tenebrae at that time. So my prediction is that she'll fill the role that the bros were going to in the original story. That way it will slot into the main game seamlessly.

TuVictus

Now that I'm playing through a second time, I think I've -finally- gotten the combat. The first time I played I distinctly remember never being able to fight a battle and get all A's, but now it's more consistent.

It's super exciting to re-experience the story now that it finally seems complete, in terms of the main characters. The pacing will probably feel wayyyyy better in the second half now that there's the DLC to explain all those random gaps.

TuVictus

Dezzy

@PikPi

If you've already played it once, make sure to play:

Gladio DLC at end of chapter 7.
Ignis DLC at the end of chapter 9.
Prompto DLC at the end of chapter 12
Choose the Gladio/Ignis route in Gralea in Chapter 13
Comrades DLC at the end of chapter 13

darkfenrir

By the way, how many of you guys plan to buy the Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon?

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

darkfenrir wrote:

By the way, how many of you guys plan to buy the Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon?

I will buy the game on year 2019 once it released.

Anti-Matter

Nemodius

I'm looking forward to Tactics and 9 myself, I'll get 7 eventually, and if they re-released the original Chocobo's Dungeon I would like that too

just please don't baby-fy them like with 15, that is so stupid
I remember the original FF, why I loved it was it had enough of a character customization balanced with a decent story and gameplay mechanics and the visual to make it fun for those familiar to RPGs and those who had never experienced one, it was fun but intelligent, there wasn't just plain old hit button A and wait, there actually a level of customization with weapons, armor and accessories, but also spell choices, there were four available spells per lvl, but only three slots and once you got that spell, you were stuck with it for the rest of the game, so you had to put long term strategy Into it, then actual battle strategy,

it set a bar for other RPGs from there on, even though many games have evolved, I still love and respect the older games that inspired the games we love today

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Eel

@ReaderRagfish the first ones were rather rough around the corners. You couldn’t even have a set team, you had to go put a team together before every expedition.

The sequels were better polished.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

@jhewitt3476

Tactics hasn't been announced for any ports.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

It's still not on Steam. I don't think it's a particularly big seller.

Anti-Matter

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Given Square's track record, Tactics probably isn't too far off from getting a port to... well, everything.

SquareEnix better make it a Trilogy.
FF Tactics + FF Tactics Advance + FF Tactics A2 in One cartridge, with 2D Graphic improvements.

Anti-Matter

TuVictus

I love how well hidden the dungeons can be in Ff15. I'm trying to explore the world organically and it's always fun to Stumble upon a royal tomb or other cave.

Also the gameplay of episode gladiolus was very fun

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

@jhewitt3476
But FF Tactics PS1 was Already Chibi style.
Well, Not Baby version as FF XV Pocket Edition.

Anti-Matter

Trajan

I've been playing Legends 2 on my biverted and backlit DMG off an on the past few days.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic