Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 598

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Completely different kettles of fish.
FF15 is a good story that's very poorly told. FF13 is a bad story that's quite well told.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Snaplocket

@Dezzy Meh. Your opinion, not mine.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

DarthNocturnal

I just remember constantly checking the new datalogs in XIII, hoping that whatever I just unlocked would help me translate the finer points of the foreign language the characters occasionally spoke in.

I think I know the basics now, but at the time, there was some confusion... and playing on an SD TV where I could barely read the tiny text for the first good chunk of the game didn't help.

With XV, I felt like I had a better idea of what was going on from very early on. And I haven't even watched Kingsglaive yet. Or play any of the DLCs.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

kkslider5552000

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I wish more RPGs did what Chrono Trigger did

No further elaboration necessary tbh. In most, if not all aspects, more RPGs should do what Chrono Trigger did.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy Meh. Your opinion, not mine.

I've experimented with answering questions with other people's opinions but it gets very confusing so now I just use my own.

darkfenrir

Personally thought FF15's story was fine (well... the Steam one is fine for sure).

Really enjoyed my romp through, but the side quest need a lot of QoL update to be honest.

(And I found the gameplay is actually very fun for me, but that probably is because I suck at games )

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

With XV, I felt like I had a better idea of what was going on from very early on. And I haven't even watched Kingsglaive yet. Or play any of the DLCs.

I'm guessing I've probably already told you how big a mistake this is. I've said it to like 4 people now but can't remember who.
But yeah Kingsglaive, Prompto DLC and Ignis DLC are all essential to actually understand the main story. It was a bit of a scam that they weren't all included in the main game.

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

I felt like I had a better idea of what was going on. Never said there weren't a few holes here and there.

I really need to get Royal Edition sometime. I missed out with the XBL E3 sale. It was half off... but, I have other game priorities. Namely, NES Classic. I'm actually interested in doing a playthrough of FF1 (buggy and broken though it may be).

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

You're better off just waiting til the final lot of DLC comes out next year. I'm waiting for that before I play the Royal Edition DLC.
Especially given that you haven't played the original season pass, there'll be so much new content it'll feel like a new game.

Shellcore

@Dezzy It never ends does it?! I bought and played at launch and whilst I am happy the title continues to be supported, I feel I missed a significant portion of the game.

Dezzy

@Shellcore

When they've finished adding everything to it, it'll essentially be twice as long as it was at launch. Completely different game.
More importantly, nearly everything they've added has improved it.

PikPi

Imagine if they had just announced the game a couple of years later for release in 2019, it would have been the perfect game to help close out this gen. I would have been wayyyy happier with it

PikPi

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

I'm not waiting that long. Unless I just so happen to keep putting it off. But I suspect I'll get it sometime this year.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

But then you'll need to play it twice in order to see everything!

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

DLCs are separate chapters... so no, I wouldn't.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Based on the descriptions they've given for the upcoming DLC, I think only 1 of them will really be a standalone experience. The other 3 sound like they'll fit into the main story at certain points (and he did imply that they'd actually insert themselves into the main game at one point, rather than being separate installations)
The first season pass was like that. Those fit into the main story. They'd be weird to just play by themselves.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

You can play them via the special menu, and I can probably just remember or read up on the events surrounding them. If the new DLC is the same, cool. If not? Well, isn't there chapter select? Either that, or enough time may pass that I'll want to play the game again anyway.

I just don't see the big deal. It's not like I'm missing out on the overall plot by doing it “out of order“.

Snaplocket

I'm sorry, but I'm NOT buying DLC or a "superior" version just so I understand the plot. At least XIII's datalog was in the base game.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

CanisWolfred

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Final Fantasy 6 characters in a nutshell:

"My life sucks"
"Move on"
"Wow! I'm better now! Let's go kill Kefka!"

Pretty much. Then again, FF4 had so many fake-out deaths and quick resolutions that it was laughable. Yet I still loved it all the same. It was interesting for its time, that's for sure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Anti-Matter

Is FF XIII Trilogy really will be on PS4 ?

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic