Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,675

TuVictus

Imagine if they had just announced the game a couple of years later for release in 2019, it would have been the perfect game to help close out this gen. I would have been wayyyy happier with it

TuVictus

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

But then you'll need to play it twice in order to see everything!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Based on the descriptions they've given for the upcoming DLC, I think only 1 of them will really be a standalone experience. The other 3 sound like they'll fit into the main story at certain points (and he did imply that they'd actually insert themselves into the main game at one point, rather than being separate installations)
The first season pass was like that. Those fit into the main story. They'd be weird to just play by themselves.

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Final Fantasy 6 characters in a nutshell:

"My life sucks"
"Move on"
"Wow! I'm better now! Let's go kill Kefka!"

Pretty much. Then again, FF4 had so many fake-out deaths and quick resolutions that it was laughable. Yet I still loved it all the same. It was interesting for its time, that's for sure.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Anti-Matter

Is FF XIII Trilogy really will be on PS4 ?

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Nothing announced yet. But I'm guessing because it hasn't been added to the Xbox backwards compatibility program that Square Enix are working on it.
That's the usual reason why a developer doesn't make their game backwards compatible: because they want to make money from a remaster.

TuVictus

Ff13 trilogy would be a great package, imo. I'd finally be able to proper play 13-2

TuVictus

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

What was the superboss? Was it that giant thing on Pulse?

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

To be honest, I don't think I even beat any of the regular Adamantoise. I probably could have by the end but I'd tried really early on, died immediately, and then just avoided them for the rest of the game.

Exploring Pulse was very enjoyable though. Even if I can't really remember why they even went there in the first place.

Dezzy

Ooooh they've shown off the new Cloud model:

So when they said they were going back and changing the character models, they meant hardly at all. As I guessed. I didn't think they'd mess with the established iconic appearances.

boop22

Is Kefkas Cult Tower optional? This thing is killing me

boop22

Eel

Yea, but you get a really good item at the end.

It’s very easy if you train a good magic team, since only magic is effective in the tower. Remember to bring osmose, rasp, etc and other strong spells.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Lol random

Dezzy

Don't even remember any of this.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Yep. I've only completed the game once (although played it to various midway points quite a few times).

Unlike other games in the series though, I didn't play 6 when I was young. I finished it for the first time in like 2014 on the Vita. So all I really remember clearly is the story.

It's not like FF7 or FF9 where I can basically tell you the shoe size of the protagonist.

NEStalgia

Am I the only one that things FFVII-R is a horrible abomination that should not exist? While the game is classic, and it really has not aged well at all, an HD remake of the same game would be one thing for modernizing the classic, but a re-imagining breaks everything that made it classic. The cartoon style of the characters is where their whole mood and attachment came from. Turning it into FFXIII style just breaks the whole vibe.

Plus, who's going to be dumb enough to put Aerith in the party this time?

NEStalgia

Bunkerneath

@NEStalgia I completly agree, i thought they would just upgrade the graphics not ruin the system.

After I completed it the first time. About a year later I went back to it and grinded until i got Aeris up to her level 4 limit. God it took me ages!

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

TuVictus

I have a suspicion the Remake isn't going to be as cohesive or as good as people are expecting it to be, though I'd love to be wrong. We'll see how that first episode goes, I guess.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic