Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 842

darkfenrir

@Dezzy I probably will hope for more type of battle system- It's all nice to get to know how difference each character handles XD

And more lores and world building! >:] Hopefully they all came to PC though, I haven't see the season pass on PC yet.

That list you gave sounds good though, I won't mind those! (Although last 2 DLC being more character focused is something I won't mind too). Maybe something like, an after story for Episode Ignis' alternate ending?

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Dezzy

This is by far the best review of FFXV I've seen. He really nails exactly what's good and bad about it.

The summary at the end I think is perfect too and completely captures my feelings towards it: "It's the worst game I've ever loved."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

This is really cool video by Square Enix ;P

(I shall count Brave Exvius as Final Fantasy still!)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

They're apparently talking about the modding software they're releasing for FF15 at PAX.

I hope it's really expansive and crazy. Like letting modders easily write new sidequests and add new locations and all that.

I hope they drop a surprise Episode Ardyn trailer too.

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

Hopefully so! I'm putting off playing Comrades personally so I can get back into FFXV quite easily.

(Hopefully all the cool mods will come out during my drought moment oh wait I can just put it off lololol)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

You didn't play comrades in chronological order either? It's not brilliant gameplay wise or anything but it does a nice job of filling that hole in the story so you see how things fall apart while Noctis is away. It's so damn long as well that it does a good job of feeling like the 10 years in-game.

I'm told it even works that into the main story if you played the Royal Edition (PC edition).

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Yeah, was planning to play comrades when with friends (but we tend to either forget, or I end up playing other games while waiting and it ends up not happening)

And I know it has some storylines and stuff, but thankfully tvtropes supplied me with enough things to know, besides the little thing I got in the Royal Edition when we go into their base seems good enough.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Final Fantasy XIV Online Go!

SE is going all out for today lol

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

The multiplayer stuff is apparently quite bad with Comrades. Like it's hard to choose who to play with or something. I dunno, I just did it single player, which luckily is good enough with AI teammates.
Most of the story stuff is fairly simple. It's not like it has a heavily scripted narrative, except at the very beginning and very end. The stuff in the middle is just dialogue. It's nice to see what all of the main characters got up to during the dark.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy

Aww :/ that's too bad. At least I had tons of fun playing the game and the 3 episodes though. The amount of bosses they add in the end part is just so cool (From Cerberus to the 3 old King/Queen? I think the King/Queen didn't appear in the vanilla).

While I have some vague idea of what happened, I do still want to play through Comrades, maybe when I have finished up backlog.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

If you're gonna give it a long break, just do yourself a favour and watch the beginning 5 minutes of Comrades and then just watch the ending, because it's a pretty awesome scene.

Yep, that stuff at the end was all added in the Royal/PC edition. Normally at the end of the game, you just walk through some city streets, fight a few random mini-bosses and then fight Ifrit and then Ardyn.

Actually here's the abridged watchable version of Comrades. Just watch this. This is all of the main stuff:

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Gotcha, will take a look then XD

The new expansion is really worth it yeah, and with the thing I read, it seems FFXV is only in development for around 4 years or so before it was rolled out. Wish SE decide to polish it up for 1 more year and push the Royal Edition instead just so it won't be as Base Breaking as it was at first release.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Lol until the fishing part, I could've easily believed that was real.

DarthNocturnal

Square is going to be releasing patches to fix Chrono Trigger's PC port (at least, to some extent). First is a toggle for the visual filter. Others coming in the next few months.

I wonder if I can get the updated mobile version of my tablet now. I had bought the original release, but after the update, it said it was no longer compatible. I don't think a Nvidia Shield should have any issue running it... hopefully it was just a “gradual roll-out“ type thing.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

-Juice-

So, I have a blasphemous confession to make... I like (post major updates) FFXV better than almost every other entry in the series... I like the real time combat system, and I think the story is still pretty good by Final Fantasy standards despite its flaws and lack of exposition key story elements.

I still like FFVI and FFVII, but those are both JRPG masterpieces.

Its magic system is crap though, and I think they never should've moved past the style they used for the Materia system in FFVII.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Dezzy

-Juice- wrote:

So, I have a blasphemous confession to make... I like (post major updates) FFXV better than almost every other entry in the series... I like the real time combat system, and I think the story is still pretty good by Final Fantasy standards despite its flaws and lack of exposition key story elements.

Same. At the moment it's about my 5th favourite in the series (7,9,6,10,15).

If they add an Ardyn story episode, a Luna story episode and then make Niflheim explorable, it will probably overtake FF10 to be 4th place, and maybe even FF6, although that's a hard decision because FF6 has so much better a story.

DarthNocturnal

@subpopz

I highly recommend IX. I still need to finish X though. I got a ways into the PS2 version, but I don't have access to it anymore. Plus it's been over half a decade, so, starting fresh is better anyway.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

darkfenrir

If IX got a Switch release I need to buy that too! I have been buying it in every platform I own (except mobile even though I know the mobile's port good).

and yes, I agree with DarthNocturnal up there that you should play IX- be warned though, some parts of it might feel archaic- especially Chocobo Hot and Cold. But then again, if you are playing on PC, you can just fast forward the speed and be crazy in that minigame... I have tried it.

Do you want some warnings though? Some quests and collectibles can be unreachable anymore if you go forward in the story too much.

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

@subpopz
You have ever tried FF VIII ?
Let me tell you One Biggest Secret.
Degenerator - Blue Magic from Quistis was the Most Powerful Spell for ALMOST Every single enemies, Except for Tonberry, Visage, Boss though.
Even Ruby Dragon or Behemoth are Easy Peasy. Just make Quistis almost near Critical HP, Click Triangle button repeadtely until Blue Magic command appear, immediately use Degenerator onto Tough enemies, Bye bye pesky enemies.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic