Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,675

TuVictus

@bert0503 I'd settle for a re release of the GC version without the need for GC adapters. One of the most fun co op games I've ever played, and it's such a hassle to even play these days, let alone when it was released

TuVictus

TuVictus

Not really exciting for me. If anything it just reminds me that it'll be a long long long while before we see the full game

TuVictus

Dezzy

How does a single picture remind you that?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Cuz we're just now seeing a single picture of an enemy that occurs very early in the game. And it wasn't even intentional, someone had to stumble upon a job recruitment page to see it. Just reminds me that the full remake will be a long while before it's anywhere close to done, let alone the first episode. They announced it way too early. Like everything else they announce

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

I don't think it necessarily tells us anything really. I'm hoping they've held off showing us anything because there's gonna be a big trailer at E3.

And the fact that it's early in the game tells us nothing. Midgar is the most visually iconic part of the game so it's entirely normal they'd focus on that for promo material. It's also not like game devs develop the entire game in chronological order. They have hundreds of people working on it. They don't have everyone creating Midgar before everyone moves onto create Kalm. They have some people working on Midgar from the beginning while others work on Kalm and others work on Junon, etc.

I hope their next trailer focuses on locations. FF7 had such awesome towns and cities. I wanna see Junon, Cosmo Canyon, Rocket Town, Kalm, Wutai. It's one of the first RPGs that felt like it was set in an entire fictional world to me. Earlier games like FF6 feel more homogenous with a lot of towns being very similar. FF7 really feels like you're travelling through all these really culturally distinct places.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Squenix addressed the lack of FF7 at E3:

Kinda sounds like they're saying they don't wanna show it until KH3 has been released because they don't want it to get overshadowed.

Eel

I finally finished playing the free chapter of FFXV (iOS).

I dunno if I should get the other chapters. Because I could either pay a very nice price for the next chapter, and then spend a lot of money buying every chapter individually... Or spend a smaller lot of money buying them all in bundle...

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

I don't really have a console or computer that can play it. And I'd probably lose interest rather quickly anyway.

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

You don't have a PC, PS4 OR Xbox?

How do you survive?

Eel

I don't have the space or money for a gaming PC (or anything bigger than a laptop really). And I'd rather not waste money on expensive gaming consoles I won't use.

So yeah. Tablets, phones, handhelds and laptops for me. Don't get me wrong though, I don't really want anything else.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Yosheel

Why wouldn't you use it? So many awesome games that you can only play on PC/PS4/Xbox.

Eel

@Dezzy: I just don’t don’t really feel the urge to play many of those awesome games.

We have a ps3 with a good amount of great games to play on it. Yet I never really played any of them for more than two or three sessions. It’s now a Blu-ray player. So there you go, I tried.

I’m just a lot more likely to keep playing a game if I can take it out of my pocket/backpack and turn it on.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Yosheel
What handhelds do you have ?
I have NDS Lite (for playing GBA game), Old 3DS XL + New 3DS XL (for both 3DS & NDS games and Nintendo Switch.
I do have many consoles (Wii, Wii U, PS2 Slim & PS4 Slim).

Anti-Matter

Shellcore

We haven't heard much on the chibi FFXV that was meant to be coming to Switch. As above, available on iOS. Hope the wait isn't as long for that, although not in as much of a hurry for that to arrive.

Eel

As far as I know it was never said that the chibi FFXV would come to the Switch. I remember it being just speculation.

@Anti-Matter active handhelds that I use every now and then:
-GameBoy Micro
-PS Vita
-2DS XL (main 3DS)
-2DS (backup 3DS)
-Switch
-iPad + android phone
-Laptop (used mostly for work)
-Windows Tablet (used mostly for work)

Retired handhelds, which I can still use but why would I:
-DSi
-2 GBA SPs
-GBC

edit: ok apparently ussing two dashes before a paragraph is some kind of weird code.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Shellcore wrote:

We haven't heard much on the chibi FFXV that was meant to be coming to Switch. As above, available on iOS. Hope the wait isn't as long for that, although not in as much of a hurry for that to arrive.

They never said the chibi one would. They said they're considering porting the game. Seems more likely they meant the console version than the chibi version.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic