Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,675

Eel

I played a bit of the mobile version of XV.

What accent is Mr Classy McChef supposed to have? Kinda seems out of place.

Or maybe it's the unchanging chibi face that makes it weird.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkfenrir

@Meowpheel you mean Ignis? I think he's british, but then again I'm not good with accents

darkfenrir

TuVictus

@Octane yikes. I feel like they were already leaving people with lofty expectations just by doing the remake, but to outright claim they wanna do better is gonna make for a messy backlash if there are too many changes that the fans of the original don't like.

Or maybe it'll be so long before it comes out we all forget square even said this. Both are equally likely

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

FF VII Remake = HD Drag Queen Cloud with Wig ,Woman clothes & High heels when he has to rescue Tifa at Don Corneo place.

Remember that, guys ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Exceeding the original is why they're splitting it into several games no doubt. They want it to feel epic by modern standards, to recreate that impact the original had.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Well, I'll like it better than 15 at least, lol

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

Or that could just be HR BS...I mean, it is just a job ad. Have you guys looked at any want ads lately? Everything tries to make it sound like you're building the Eifel Tower when you're really just flipping burgers or entering numbers into a data base...I wouldn't read too much into that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I mean tbh, as long as the combat changes don't fail and the most blatant improvement in graphics...exist as we already know they will...not as difficult task as you might think. For that matter, isn't VII considered to have a slightly botched translation?

I mean, obviously it won't be as good as FFVII was in 1997 but being better than FFVII in 2018 is...not impossible as long as they keep what's good about FFVII in tact. Games better than "FFVII in 2018" have probably happened nearly every single year since the year after FFVII came out y'know. Some of them are JRPGs and everything.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

For that matter, isn't VII considered to have a slightly botched translation?

It's pretty poor but only sticks out every now and then.
I seem to remember hearing they basically just asked an english speaker who worked at Squaresoft to do it, rather than hiring an actual professional translator.

Dezzy

@Meowpheel

The story is pretty good at hanging together. It's just incredibly complex and multi-layered. I think most people kinda miss a lot the first time they play it.
Some parts I didn't really understand until years later. But there aren't that many plot holes that I know of.

kkslider5552000

The more I play through VII, the more I understand why the remake is taking so long. Making a modern, non-pre-rendered, action version of this entire game is pretty significant. I keep being surprised that disc 1 hasn't ended.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

I prefer FF VIII got Remastered like FF IX on IOs / PS4. A Masterpiece in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

Yep, it's a massive game. The game world will be pretty much the biggest single player RPG world ever made if they do the original to scale in full 3D.

@Anti-Matter

They only did that because FF9 wasn't previously available on those platforms though. FF8 has been on PC for years!

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Too bad.
FF VIII still Not available on IOs/ Android.
FF VII & IX were on mobile.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Unfortunately, you're one of the only people who think FF8 is one of the best, so the demand is probably not there.

bert0503

I am still waiting for another Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game...

bert0503

Switch Friend Code: SW-7137-2652-9999 | My Nintendo: BERTO503

Dezzy

@bert0503

It's planned to arrive shortly after Godot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic