Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,675

darkfenrir

@Dezzy

Aww :/ that's too bad. At least I had tons of fun playing the game and the 3 episodes though. The amount of bosses they add in the end part is just so cool (From Cerberus to the 3 old King/Queen? I think the King/Queen didn't appear in the vanilla).

While I have some vague idea of what happened, I do still want to play through Comrades, maybe when I have finished up backlog.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

If you're gonna give it a long break, just do yourself a favour and watch the beginning 5 minutes of Comrades and then just watch the ending, because it's a pretty awesome scene.

Yep, that stuff at the end was all added in the Royal/PC edition. Normally at the end of the game, you just walk through some city streets, fight a few random mini-bosses and then fight Ifrit and then Ardyn.

Actually here's the abridged watchable version of Comrades. Just watch this. This is all of the main stuff:

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Gotcha, will take a look then XD

The new expansion is really worth it yeah, and with the thing I read, it seems FFXV is only in development for around 4 years or so before it was rolled out. Wish SE decide to polish it up for 1 more year and push the Royal Edition instead just so it won't be as Base Breaking as it was at first release.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Lol until the fishing part, I could've easily believed that was real.

-Juice-

So, I have a blasphemous confession to make... I like (post major updates) FFXV better than almost every other entry in the series... I like the real time combat system, and I think the story is still pretty good by Final Fantasy standards despite its flaws and lack of exposition key story elements.

I still like FFVI and FFVII, but those are both JRPG masterpieces.

Its magic system is crap though, and I think they never should've moved past the style they used for the Materia system in FFVII.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Dezzy

-Juice- wrote:

So, I have a blasphemous confession to make... I like (post major updates) FFXV better than almost every other entry in the series... I like the real time combat system, and I think the story is still pretty good by Final Fantasy standards despite its flaws and lack of exposition key story elements.

Same. At the moment it's about my 5th favourite in the series (7,9,6,10,15).

If they add an Ardyn story episode, a Luna story episode and then make Niflheim explorable, it will probably overtake FF10 to be 4th place, and maybe even FF6, although that's a hard decision because FF6 has so much better a story.

darkfenrir

If IX got a Switch release I need to buy that too! I have been buying it in every platform I own (except mobile even though I know the mobile's port good).

and yes, I agree with DarthNocturnal up there that you should play IX- be warned though, some parts of it might feel archaic- especially Chocobo Hot and Cold. But then again, if you are playing on PC, you can just fast forward the speed and be crazy in that minigame... I have tried it.

Do you want some warnings though? Some quests and collectibles can be unreachable anymore if you go forward in the story too much.

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

@subpopz
You have ever tried FF VIII ?
Let me tell you One Biggest Secret.
Degenerator - Blue Magic from Quistis was the Most Powerful Spell for ALMOST Every single enemies, Except for Tonberry, Visage, Boss though.
Even Ruby Dragon or Behemoth are Easy Peasy. Just make Quistis almost near Critical HP, Click Triangle button repeadtely until Blue Magic command appear, immediately use Degenerator onto Tough enemies, Bye bye pesky enemies.

Anti-Matter

-Juice-

@Dezzy I think an Episode Luna Freya would be great, especially since there's a lot of potential for character depth given that she knew what would happen to Noctis when all was said and done. That would take an emotional toll on anyone.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Dezzy

@-Juice-

Yep and especially given that there's a clear part in the story where it could fit in. We see her leaving Insomnia at the end of Kingsglaive and then see almost nothing of her in between then and Altissia.

The first half of the game needs more story as well. It's heavily loaded into the 2nd half. So they could fit in somepoint early on. Maybe at the point you get Titan, because Luna had gone to all of astrals too. It mentions in Comrades that Luna had travelled to Angelgard island as well. So that'd be good to include.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

The semester is coming to a close so I am really hoping to pick up the Royal Edition on PC. I love it on my PS4 Pro with the gorgeous HDR bonus, but 1080p/60FPS is just too irresistible

TuVictus

Dezzy

@MisterPi

The mods will hopefully be irresistible too. I was pleased to find it runs well on my PC.

Now they just need to get the same number of modders interested as Skyrim did.

Dezzy

Final DLC announced:

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/final-fantasy-xv-four-episode-dlc...

-Episode Ardyn
-Episode Aranea
-Episode Luna
-Episode Noctis

Very weird decision though: They're apparently all releasing in 2019? That seems weird and a dumb move to me. Why not release one every 3 or 4 months like with the first season pass? That's more likely to keep people interested. Oh well.

Could be part of that strategy they mentioned about having 2 AAA games release a year. 2018 is gonna be Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts. So 2019 will be this extra segment of FFXV and then FF7 remake.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

Playing through the game after all of that releases is going to be an epic saga to witness

TuVictus

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

So... all of the episodes are part of an alternate finale, thus not even canon? Odd....

Oh well, might as well get Royal sooner rather then later. I'm not waiting until Winter 2019 for the All-in-one edition.

Nope, it makes it a bit clearer in some of the other articles. Ardyn and Aranea episodes will be just part of the regular canon. Then Luna and Noctis episodes will combine to offer an alternative ending (which is heavily hinted to be a happier ending)

Also, "winter 2019" is a mistake it looks like. Lost in translation. They meant to say Spring 2019.

Then they're not only releasing basic modding tools but a full-on level editor for the main game. Looks like they're really going all out hoping people will experiment with it. So if the devs don't open up the Niflheim continent, it definitely looks like modders will be able to:

CanisWolfred

Considering the fact that I've yet to really care about a Final Fantasy story outside of "well, that was a fun romp. I liked the characters, I guess" and my favorites are more gameplay-focused, I could forgive FFXV's story for not being great since I felt it at least played well enough and I liked the cast.

I'm glad I held off of finishing it, though. Even in spite of what they have to work with, having to pay more money for an "epilogue" doesn't sit well with me, and I'm gonna wait for a complete package after the DLC is out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Dezzy

Spring 2019 is when just the episodes are out. Winter 2019 is when I expect them to make the 3rd “all-in-one“ edition (Premium, Royal.... er, whatever they go with. Oracle Edition maybe?)

Not necessarily. The Royal Edition came out the same day as that particular DLC did. I suspect the complete edition will come out in line with the last DLC.

kkslider5552000

People's complaints about FFXV are ****ing dumb. I'm playing Final Fantasy VII, which is the definite reason at least half of you care about Final Fantasy (even if not directly, it boosted its popularity to an insane degree). And I'm playing that game right now, it's a peak years, 90s era Final Fantasy. ATB and everything. Here is my current experience with the combat, quite a few hours in.

"USE MAGIC FOR TOUGHER ENEMIES AND BOSSES, OCCASIONALLY HEAL, YOU WIN!"

that's the combat. WOW SO COMPLEX! **** the hypocrites

and this is not unusual for older Final Fantasies at all

Note: I'm loving Final Fantasy VII, but I'm not stupid enough to pretend its some masterful, complex gameplay experience.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

The FF13 battle system was great imo. I would've liked to see them use that again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic