Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,675

Inertiacreep

I remember I told myself I was going to upgrade my video card before FF15 PC came out way back when it was announced... well that was before I ended up buying a Switch and all the money thats went into that.. I have a 380X right now and run 2560x1440. The only games that ever make it sweat are tressFX and hairworks so I know this game is going to make me wish I had a new card and prices now are crazy so thats out of the question... I wish I could hold off until I got a new card but I really want to play this as soon as it comes out.

In witcher3 I get pretty decent performance with hairworks after tuning the tessellation settings in amd control panel with the rest of the graphics maxed and also running an increased hair physics mod... so I mean, it runs pretty damn good.... but FF XV? who knows right? I ran the benchmark... but I mean I will just have to run the game and see how high I can push the settings on my PC, but i doubt it will run as good as witcher3, that game was optimized so well.

Inertiacreep

Dezzy

@Inertiacreep

They spent over a year on this port. I'd hope it's fairly well optimised.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

I have been playing Final Fantasy VII for the first time since I was like 10 years old. This shall be an incredibly interesting experience for a variety of reasons. I actually have never seen huge sections of this game, but it's legitimately one of the most important games to me. I was one of those kids that had seen NOTHING remotely like this before, had never played any RPG outside of Pokemon (and failing miserably at the beginning parts of FF1), and barely even touched any sort of entertainment more adult than like a PG film. So Final Fantasy VII was absolutely mindblowing in quite a number of ways.

Also, outside of a couple of spinoff titles on Wii (and briefly playing FF1 again, for reasons too dumb to go into), this is my first time playing Final Fantasy in over a decade. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
Hm...
My impressions about every Final Fantasy titles that i knew or have ever played :
1. FF 1 = Well, can't say. Never played at all.

2. FF 2 = Same like FF 1.

3. FF 3 = i had played the NDS version and it was quite impressive despite of having pretty simple plot. I had finished the game 2 times. Score : 7 / 10

4. FF 4 = i play the NDS version but still haven't finished yet. FF 4 was the hardest Classic FF that i have ever played. Score 7.2 / 10 due to Additional Voice Acting for NDS Remake version.

5. FF 5 = Not really interested...

6. FF 6 = I heard the storyline was Gorgeous, but i still sceptical withor Overall performance. I have ever played on PS1 version but i don't think i want to replay again. Score : 6 / 10

7. FF 7 = OVEREXPOSED Final Fantasy ever. Before Crisis, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crisis Core, i think those Extension of FF 7 story just ruined my Reception about FF 7. I have ever played on PS1 once and don't want to replay again. Score : 6 / 10

8. FF 8 = The BEST Final Fantasy on PS1 in my opinion. FF 8 has the BEST Character outfits, Latin Orchestra, Glamor and Futuristic city like in Paris, Challenging Junction System yet quite frustrating. Overall, i gave 9 / 10. Mmmuah... !

9. FF 9 = The Runner Up of Best Final Fantasy. I like the Abilities were learned from Equipments, like Installing contents from CD / DVD to PC. The storyline was sooo Interesting and funny on some parts. I gave 8 / 10 due to NO Multi Hits or Crazy Damages (Omnislash or Lion Heart) , unlike FF 8 / FF 7.

10. FF 10 = Well... Quite Disappointing.
The story was about Yuna, not Tidus. And i felt the story telling was Pre-Determined, like the Battles and Feud was prepared long time ago before the playable characters met the drama. I Hate Blitzball as i Never like Soccer at all, i only play Once for continuing the storyline and Never play it again (Wakka was neglected, never been used due to his Crest and Sigil to upgrade Ifrit Break Damage Limit). I gave 6 / 10

11. FF 11 & 14 = Never played at all, not interested with MMO games.

11a. FF X-2 = Slumber Party !!
Girliest FF ever. The gameplay was quite fun and girlie, but the whole story was Completely MESS ! But, i was quite impressed better than FF 10. I gave 6.5 / 10.

12. FF 12 = The BEST FF on PS2 in my opinion, 3rd place of my BEST FF games. I Like the Gambit System, Really smart. I like also the Summons design (but i really dislike Cucuhlainn as the Ugliest and ironically, he was represent my Zodiac, Scorpio ). But the storyline of FF 12 was Too boring, too Political issues, some of the word choices were too difficult to understand, like Nobleman talks to Villagers. But overall, i gave 8 / 10.

13. FF 13 = Very disappointing. I had ever played on PS3 by borrowing but stopped after i had to fight with First form of Barthandelus (Insane hard !!). The Summons were just only Six, not really impressive. The storyline was Too Militaristic, with pretty frequent of Guns being used. Despite of those Flaws, i really stunned by Orphan design and the Final Form of Orphan. But, I don't think i want to play again. The Sequels : XIII-2 & Lightning Returns wrre killed my interest to play. I gave 4 / 10 for very Disappointing FF Ever.

14. FF Tactics PS1 = Another Great FF games. I had finished the game just with Math Skills Only. I like the gameplay concept, music and Summon design. I felt the storyline was quite / very Ironic due to a lot of Betrayal, Murdering, Egoism. Overall, i gave 7.5 / 10.

15. FF 15 = UGGHH...!!
I will NEVER want to play that Horrible FF Ever after FF 13.
Just look at the Ultra HD graphics and Too Militaristic storyline, i said Big No No to that FF. Too Mature for me despite rated only TEEN for USA version.

16.FF Type Zero = BANNED !!
When i saw rated M label, i BANNED All those games, put them on my Bottomless Black List.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Damn, the updates never end. More updates to the multiplayer section of FFXV (that can be played single player too) coming at the same time as the Royal Edition. New areas and missions added and it looks like you can now control any of the main characters (previous you played as a custom avatar in this DLC).

@kkslider5552000

Same here. I was a few years older in 97 but it was the same situation. FF7 was such a big deal because I just had no idea anything like that could exist. It wasn't only the most paradigm-shifting video game in existence at that time, it was by far the most sophisticated and deep fiction I'd ever experienced in any medium at age 13. I'd read hardly any serious books at that age and movies can't compete on this kind of level.

@Anti-Matter

Good list. Although you know FF15 isn't any more mature than 6 or 7. I know you like to BAN though.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I still remembered when i saw FF XV first trailer (Used to be FF XIII Versus), my reaction was kinda curious. But after i watched newest trailer on year 2015, i saw PEGI 16 rating and Guns, i was extremely disappointed immediately. Something that i didn't expect from Final Fantasy games, the guns like on cursed FPS games Duh.... !
Also, the more Realistic of FF XV , the more i dislike that game. I saw a Big Boobs of Cindy, more Rejection of FF XV. I saw Assasin's DLC, No thanks, Will Never want to play FF XV at all.

Btw, I think FF 6 & 7 could Quite Mature enough to be rated 16+ due to Kefka's Psycho and Sephiroth's ambition. Oh, also on FF 7, Cloud has to disguise like Drag Queen to find Tifa in Don Corneo place (Prostitute, Sexual theme).

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

If you play it now, the first fair complaint will be that controlling characters was ridiculous in 3D games before the analog stick. You had to take a wild guess at which way 'up' was in each new scene.

One of the main reasons why FF9 has aged so much better. It was made after the original dual shock was released.

That might well go down in history as being Nintendo's most important hardware contribution to console gaming.

Edited on by Dezzy

Vinny

The only FF games I've finished so far were Crisis Core (which I loved) and the PSP version of FF IV.
FF VI has been on my backlog for years, really need to play it sometime.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
On FF VIII, I used Squall and Irvine as my 1st Row, while Zell as 2nd row due to pretty complex Duel command.
But i found Quistis was a Femme Fatale with her Blue Magic, Degenerator. Ruby Dragon ? Behemoth ? Ah, piece of cake. Just use Degenerator to them and Gone !

Oh, why did i demerit FF XV ? Because the intensity of guns and military was Too Intense, unlike FF VIII.
About FF XII & FF Tactics, i found both of them have very Intense Political issues, but i found FF XII has very complicated storyline, especially with Pretty Hard vocabullaries during conversation, sometimes i didn't really understand what did they said. I didn't really enjoy FF XII Storyline, not so Surprising, but i did enjoy the gameplay. The storyline of FF XII was quite boring in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Inertiacreep

@kkslider5552000 because you said you never saw huge sections of the game so i understood that like you never properly played through the game and i thought you said ff1 was the only other one you played but reading it again i see you said you haven't played any in a decade so i guess you played them back then.... but since you said ff7 is the most important one and i was thinking you didn't play through it i assumed you didn't play through the other ones either.

Inertiacreep

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

I assume he's combining the fact that you said you didn't see large chunks of FF7 with the fact that you said you hadn't played any FF in a decade?

Not sure what you meant by not seeing large chunks of it? You mean you just avoided all of the sidequests and such?

kkslider5552000

Well I hadn't gotten too far past the Midgar section when I stopped playing it since it was my friend's PS1. For whatever reason, didn't continue. But I did see him play bits of the game here or there, and I did see him do the whole finale. And obviously being a hardcore video game fan, it would be impossible for me to not see or hear about FFVII in the past 20 years as well...

And yeah, most of my time playing main Final Fantasy games was in the 2000s when they were remade on GBA. Also got to play some X and XII (again, on a PS2 that wasn't mine). I literally only got a PS3 (the only Playstation I've ever owned) like a year ago so...yeah.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Yeah you really did miss a lot then. Despite being massive, Midgar is a tiny portion of the overall game. Leaving Midgar is that point where you realise how huge a deal it is. You just assume at the start that the whole game will be set in Midgar.

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket Well I would say that Xenoblade 2 has a lot of huge cities (Well uh... yeah at least 4 that let you go into nooks and crannies and if you manage to jump to the roof, the roofs too). Although I guess it's not counted as high-end graphics eh.

(Have fun at FFXIII though)

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket That's true. Recently I feel JRPG is slowly going back to the golden times, like, they are starting to shine again after so long being kinda... "average-y". XC2 kinda reminds me why I love JRPG so much...

I really should try FFXIII just to see why people are screeching about it :v but with so many new games it's hard to think of buying old ones... (oh well, I'll just go straight to FFXV)

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket Yep, people are really screechy about it. That's why I'm curious and want to try it lol.

And yeah, there is a lot... but it feels like they aren't? I'm not sure, but it just feels like less high profile ones, I guess... Nonetheless, as long as good games are produced, I'm happy

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket Well yeah, I do agree it becomes famous because of Operation Rainfall.

I do enjoy The World Ends With You a lot, as well as the Pokemon series (Haven't tried Cold Steel, and Trials in the Sky uh... the gameplay unfortunately turns me off before I can even get to the meat of the story, I really should try Ys though)

But yeah, I guess I feel that because I didn't look towards the PSP titles (Crisis Core, KH BBS, Legend of Heroes, Ys are all PSP / PSV Titles). Sorry for the whole feelings then.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy To be fair, much of the game's size was an illusion. The towns were really just a handful of prerendered pictures and the actual places you could go (bar Midguard) were VERY limited.

Size is always an illusion in video games though. Not sure that really means anything. The size is just whatever the environment looks like relative to the height of the player.

I'm also not sure where you're getting this "limited number of places" from? FF7 is huge. There are more than 20 different town-type places. Midgar, Junon and Gold Saucer are all huge.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic