Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 201 to 220 of 242

DarkCoolEdge

Uncharted: D'sF and Among Thieves. I didn't dislike them but I don't see the "awesomely-incredible-amazing" games everyone else does. I'd give 'em both an eight out of ten, not a ten. The platforming is a joke, the driving sections aren't polished enough (especially the "Wave Race" in the first one) and the battle-arenas took me out of the immerssion everything else put me on.

LittleBigPlanet. Creating might be fun. Playing? Not so much

I know it's a Nintendo game but Animal Crossing. I just don't get what the heck is fun about it.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

Jeremyx7

@DarkCoolEdge I pretty much agree with just about everything you mentioned here.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

MeWario

Jeremyx7 wrote:

@DarkCoolEdge I pretty much agree with just about everything you mentioned here.

Me too!

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SubBronze

I'm going to throw Spirit Tracks into the mix. I simply do not like that game. The story, graphics and presentation are fine, great even, but I don't like the actual gameplay. Having an adventure game completely touch-controlled is a big turn-off for me, and it feel like I'm never truly in control. The progression of the game feels way too slow for what it is. I HATE it when you go off course to go to a new town or shop, just to realise that you can't do anything there until much later in the game, or you need about 1000 more rupees to buy anything when you only have 50, making that 5 minute travel-time pointless. It is even more of a chore back-tracking than usual because of enemy trains constantly trying to kill you. Plus, blowing into the microphone for the pan flute just feels stupid and gimmicky.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

bezerker99

Bulby wrote:

I'm going to throw Spirit Tracks into the mix. I simply do not like that game. The story, graphics and presentation are fine, great even, but I don't like the actual gameplay. Having an adventure game completely touch-controlled is a big turn-off for me, and it feel like I'm never truly in control. The progression of the game feels way too slow for what it is. I HATE it when you go off course to go to a new town or shop, just to realise that you can't do anything there until much later in the game, or you need about 1000 more rupees to buy anything when you only have 50, making that 5 minute travel-time pointless. It is even more of a chore back-tracking than usual because of enemy trains constantly trying to kill you. Plus, blowing into the microphone for the pan flute just feels stupid and gimmicky.

I'm with you, Spirit Tracks sucks. I sold it to Gamestop, mainly because my 3DS microphone is broken and thus made the game unplayable, but despite that - it still wasn't any fun to use stylus controls to slash Link's sword. (in my opinion).

Ralizah

I played a demo of Uncharted 3 in a store and hated the combat. So, apparently fighting someone hand-to-hand is a much more efficient way of putting them down than shooting them with an automatic weapon? Because my bullets did almost nothing to certain enemies that the game wanted me to go into hand-to-hand combat with. There wasn't even any blood.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Phatosaurus

Bioshock Infinite.
Didn't like the original either but at least that game had some depth to the story. Infinite is just a Disney animation with violence and background racism.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Zodiak13

Agree w/ Phatosaurus. Why does everyone like this game. I actually did enjoy the 1st 2 installments, and I have already traded the game in. I haven't traded a game in for years.

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

CanisWolfred

Zodiak13 wrote:

Agree w/ Phatosaurus. Why does everyone like this game. I actually did enjoy the 1st 2 installments, and I have already traded the game in. I haven't traded a game in for years.

Because the gameplay is amazing, and no one really plays shooters for the story?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

Zodiak13 wrote:

Because the gameplay is amazing, and no one really plays shooters for the story?

Except the story is actually the selling point. That, the lore and aesthetics, of course.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

IAmNotWill

Ralizah wrote:

I played a demo of Uncharted 3 in a store and hated the combat. So, apparently fighting someone hand-to-hand is a much more efficient way of putting them down than shooting them with an automatic weapon? Because my bullets did almost nothing to certain enemies that the game wanted me to go into hand-to-hand combat with. There wasn't even any blood.

Felt the same way at first after trying it at Best Buy. You would have to play for a bit to really 'get it.' I can see why someone wouldn't like it though. And Uncharted isn't a bloody game. It's T rated.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

SCRAPPER392

Actually, I didn't like Phantom Hourglass, so I never even tried to play Spirit Tracks.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

IAmNotWill wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Felt the same way at first after trying it at Best Buy. You would have to play for a bit to really 'get it.' I can see why someone wouldn't like it though. And Uncharted isn't a bloody game. It's T rated.

I think it just depends. I 100% the first Uncharted and all around and enjoyed that game quite a bit. I bought the 2nd one thinking it would be great, but no... I played for hours before I put the controller down and said, 'Done'. That's how boring it was for me.
I agree with bullets being weaker than a punch to the face being stupid as hell. The platforming was stupid, and the characters were as boring as a rock.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

HawkeyeWii

Lets just rename the thread Call of Duty games from the past 6 years

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Ralizah

IAmNotWill wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I figure if I ever get a PS3 I'll probably get one of the games one day.

I didn't expect visceral gore, but it was still a little weird for there to be no blood when I shot someone 20 times in the stomach. I think the reason it stood out so much was because the bullets hardly affected the enemies otherwise. I don't like it when games force me to use a certain gameplay strategy without explaining the reason why.

The rest of the demo was just platforming that felt incredibly staged. I didn't even know a game's events could feel staged until now, but the whole thing barely felt like a game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Chrono_Cross

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Lets just rename the thread Call of Duty games from the past 6 years

And Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda and Pokemon.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Iblitazer

Half Life 2 and Ocarina of Time. I mean, I can see where the appeal is and I am considering giving OoT another go via the 3DS version, but I really just...couldn't get into those two games the first two times I tried them out.

Currently playing: Cuphead, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-0977 | Nintendo Network ID: Iblitazer

Phatosaurus

CanisWolfred wrote:

Zodiak13 wrote:

Except the shooting mechanics aren't amazing either. They're rather clunky and some enemies have absurd amounts of HP towards the end of the game (RPG guys, for shame) which makes the gameplay very tedious.

Then you have the 6 (or is it 8?) vigor tonics, which all do the same thing with a different special effect.
Who needs variety, eh?

The gameplay is objectively the weakest link in Bioshock Infinite. They could have done so much more with it and made it so much more interesting.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.