Forums

Topic: Games you disliked that everybody else liked.

Posts 181 to 200 of 242

Chrono_Cross

Ark_Sin wrote:

Surprisingly enough for you, I find Twilight Princess enjoyable.

I don't hate everything, @ChronoCross

Thank God. I thought you were one of those WW/SS supremacists, lol.

DePapier wrote:

Might be surprising but: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U...

story bro cool

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

BandG

Metal_Sonic wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine... It's just depressing to play...

plus 20 = 10
math is fun isn't it?

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

BandG

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

I still found the game to be enjoyable and loved Midna's personality and surprisingly deep (relatively speaking for a Zelda sidekick) backstory.

Midna is the best thing to happen to Zelda since the ability to turn into a Wolf...oh wait, those were in the same game.. Point still stands.

actually those 2 things are what ruined the game for me. its still good though

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

MeWario

WaveBoy wrote:

MeWario wrote:

Umm Little Big Planet, Pokemon from GBA ones onwards, Lego games (wish I loved them but they are sooooo easy and boring), Sonic (any of them)

I agree with all of the above. The Lego series is god awful. tedious, unchallenging and boring all wrapped up in different movie themes. Lego dejavu' anyone? Didn't care for LittleBigPlanet at all, and I just can't for the life of me get into any of the Pokemon games. Had i been a child during the pokemon craze, the appeal may of possibly been higher, but as is I have absolutely no interest investing that many hours into yet another Poke'Adventure.

Also....Kirby's Adventure (NES)

Heh I agree with you as well with Kirbys Adventure. It's nice looking but otherwise pretty uninspired. And yes you have to grow up with Pokemon to really love it I think. Back when Blue and Red came out I had never played a game so big and expansive. I loved those games so much but haven't liked the series after Gold/Silver.
Also, So everyone knows, I love the concept of Little Big Planet. Imagine a mario game that never ends due to all the fan made content. That would be heaven! Alas LBP wasn't it.

Edited on by MeWario

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Danb159

Every Call of Duty. I just can't seem to find the fun in them. The rest of the world seems infatuated with it.

FC: 3368 - 1387 - 8699

Twitter:

Jeremyx7

Halo series, every single one of them that I have tried so far are terrible terrible games in my eyes!! Only thing decent was multiplayer which was nothing special. Halo mainly seems only huge in North America but else well is pretty average judging from various forums I've read over the years. I simply cannot stand the sheer uncreative level design, simplistic/idiotic weapon functions/models, HORRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE A.I., HORRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE STORYLINE, the over the top cut scenes, and just the overall uninspiring game itself as a whole. NOTHING new was accomplished with any of the Halo games, NOTHING other than the stupid looking artwork for some of the aliens.

Halo borrows just about every idea ever made within the sci-fi/fps video game genres and blends them all into one giant turd straight out of the blender before it's even digested and turned into poo. That's how vile and offensive I find Halo. All the features Halo 1-3 had were done way before it's time with many other games before hand. It just felt like Halo was 5 years behind. MAN, I really hate that game series!! Okay rant over...

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Yosh

Heavy Rain, it was a very horrible game, with a mediocre story, a mystery I could care less for, and characters I could care less for.

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

@Danb159
SAME HERE!!! What is soo fun about it!!??? The whole FPS genre seems unoriginal and stale, why does everyone buy that? If I were to have the choice between having to pay to play E.T. on Atari or playing the newest COD for free, I would choose E.T. on Atari (Which is regarded as the worst video game ever made...). Absolute honest to goodness truth right there! I think the entire COD series belongs in a landfill somewhere.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

HawkeyeWii

JRPGs and platformers are completely different in their fun factor. Platformers are constantly moving, whereas an rpg a lot of times stalls for battles, dialouge, etc..
I like both though

Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

CanisWolfred wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Most JRPGs I dislike. Random encounters and taking turns to fight? Seriously? How is that fun?

Why is jumping on platformers fun?

It's easy to pick up and play.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

HawkeyeWii

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Most JRPGs I dislike. Random encounters and taking turns to fight? Seriously? How is that fun?

It's easy to pick up and play.

Very true

Twitter:

Fingeldor
  • Angry Birds (Possibly the worst game / series I have ever experienced)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (Vice City was my favorite)
  • Zelda Phantom Hourglass (I just can't get into the stylus controls to move, plus I hated revisiting that dungeon multiple times)
  • Mario 64 (Don't know why - just never liked it)
  • Super Mario Galaxy, Half-Life 2, Metroid Games (post NES) (All these game makes me sick to my stomach - not Nintendo's fault - I have a weird motion problem with certain games)

3DS Friend: 3754-6858-1461
Mario Maker Course ID: 63D7-0000-0024-5F62 (it's kinda hard...)
My Backloggery
8-Bit Music by Scott Iblings
Miiverse:

3DS Friend Code: 3754-6858-1461 | Nintendo Network ID: Bingly

IAmNotWill

CanisWolfred wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Like @Chrono_Cross said, it's easy to pick up and play and the action is direct. I hate sitting there and watching my guy get hit, when in a game with actual battles I could avoid attacks myself. Just selecting actions all throughout a game and watching the characters fight by themselves doesn't make me feel like I accomplished anything. And really, what actual battle consists of taking turns to hurt your opponent?

Of course everything is subjective, but that style of game needs to involve the player more.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

CanisWolfred

My point was that you were overthinking it, which you clearly are. RPGs are about using your head and manipulating numbers. It's more like playing cards than playing soccer. People can enjoy both, it's just about how you approach it.

Also, most people don't "enjoy" random battles. It's just something to do to break things up until the next big fight. Like the Goombas in a Mario game. They're quick obstacles that you take care of (and I'm counting jumping over it as "taking care of it" - it's still a viable solution to your problem that you conciously figured out). You don't really expect people to get sheer joy out of every goomba they stomp or jump over, do you? Boss battles are where the Turn-based RPGs shine. It's where all of your skills and wits are tested. Just like in any other game. (Well, except Mario for some stupid reason)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

steamhare

@caniswolfred The reason people knock points off for random battles in jrpgs more than goombas is that if you run away from a goomba, you're still just as capable of facing upcoming challenges, while jrpgs penalize you from running away from time consuming random battles by leaving you without enough experience. And even running from a random battle takes longer than running from a goomba.

steamhare

IAmNotWill

@CanisWolfred No no you don't get it. My main problem are the turn based battles themselves (@steamhare summed up what I dislike about random encounters, I'm not going to repeat him). Games can still incorporate numbers and be fun. Action-RPGs do that without having to take a turn to hit the bad guy. Even though Fire Emblem has turn based stuff in it, it still emphasizes unit placement, tactics, and survival. The typical JRPG is dragged on just fighting in these silly encounters that you only do just to gain experience points and move on. To put it simply, the core mechanic of this type of game is boring.

And how often in a 30-40 hour RPG is actually spent fighting a boss? You still have to run into countless smaller enemies to actually get there. In many RPGs, you can easily dispatch a boss if you grind long enough. Doesn't take skill and wits to grind for hours. Waiting that long for a game to "shine" is ridiculous.

And the goomba comparison isn't a good one at all. Players have turned enemy stomping in platform games into an art form. Examples include achieving infinite 1-ups by stomping on a swarm of enemies. There was also those skill videos in New Super Mario Bros. for Wii had that showed a lot of interesting tricks.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.