Forums

Topic: Games that have scared the $#1& out of you.

Posts 81 to 97 of 97

Smileoscar

The Eel from Super Mario 64 scared so much when I was 4-5 years old,same with Clanker and Snacker from BK.
Also,I bought MGS1 on the PS1 in summer 2008 and with the game came a demo of Silent Hill 1. I played it once and after 5 minutes I quit the game and never dared to touch it again.
Also,Bioshock was scary at first but after 30 minutes,almost all the scary things were gone,well,except for when hit that guy with all the statues from behind and he got mad and disappeared. I thought he would return and kill you later but luckily he didn't.

I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hari-kiri rock!!! I NEED SCISSORS!!! 61!!!

scribblenauter

I haven't really ever played any scary games, but today I bought Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation Store, and it's sort of scary so far.

Playstaion Network username: vanillamarble (no spaces)
Vote for Pedro (My favorite movie line)

RandomWiiPlayer

I've never been scared by a game.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

sonic_brawler95

Vista727 wrote:

Two words, Dead Space. Lights off, sound up, and past 10:30 PM.

This.

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

sonic_brawler95

*When I was very little, I'm embarrassed to say that MediEvil for the PSX scared me. But, several years later, I played through some of it (at a friend's house), and I thought it was not bad.
It embarrasses me to think about it. *

Don't be embarrassed, because you're not alone.
When I was little, I had a disk for the PlaystationOne that had demos of games like Spyro, Kloona, and my favorite, MediEvil. I never fully beat that MediEvil demo, cause I always got stuck at this one part, but I loved it. One day I was playing it and I beat that part, I went into this room with a piano, next thing I know, a skeleton appears on the seat in front of the piano and plays a scary, eerie tune. I immediatly ran up to the Playstation, shut it off, and ran away. I noticed that the skeleton wasn't that scary a long while afterwards, cuz I always thought that game was funny.
I never knew what happened to that demo disc, I always wanted to revisit that skeleton piano player dude. But all my PS1 games were scratched to oblivion, so I dout it would work anyway...... :/

Edited on by sonic_brawler95

3DS FC: 5412-9891-8712

OrionLee

It sounds stupid, but the wallmasters from Ocarina of Time. First time in the forest temple, didn't know what to expect.

"This song is ending. But the story never ends."

3DS Friend Code: 4382-2450-6929 | Nintendo Network ID: OrionLee

nintenden

Doshin the giant...... oeeee... doshin scares me so.

Edited on by nintenden

nintenden

Bigdog

Razzle+Dazzle wrote:

It sounds stupid, but the wallmasters from Ocarina of Time. First time in the forest temple, didn't know what to expect.

Yup me too.

Another odd one for me is one of my favorite games of all time. Super Metroid. That whole game playing over the first time when I was yonger was like watching The Ring (Nothing that's particularly jarring, yet the whole thing was somehow extremelly suspenseful).

Oh yeah! And the piano in Super Mario 64. Holy crap, that thing got me good!

Edited on by Bigdog

"Maybe you're MY puppet"

IlikeVideoGames

Games themselves do not scare me. What scares me is the when a company releases shovelware and people buy it.

IlikeVideoGames

madgear

I can remember being scared playing some old games on the Commodore 64 when playing along in a darkened room when I was quite young. The games themselves weren't that scary, especially with their blocky 8-bit graphics, but they made my imagination get carried away.

Recently I can't really think of anything. Maybe the first time I encountered a Regenerator in Resident Evil 4 - though only because I heard the breathing, knew what it was because saw it on the table earlier, couldn't find exit to the lab and was worried it'd kill me and I'd have to restart. So really that fear isn't that much different to nearly missing a vital platform jump near the end of a long Mario level.

madgear

BleachFan

I'm not one to enjoy horror games, but for some reason I'm looking forward to being genuinely scared by Calling (Wimpy? Probably... ) I've seen some gameplay footage and, personally, I can't wait!

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

madgear

Actually I've just remembered one - Doom on the PlayStation. There's this one stage with this freaky moaning and babies crying in the soundtrack - I remember being quite disturbed by it because I didn't know where the baby crying was coming from at the time and kept turning down the volume to find out where it was coming from.

Edit: no idea how to embed video :S

Edited on by madgear

madgear

Percentful

@madgear
(youtube:video id)
Just change the ( ) to [ ].
The video id is whatever comes after v=
So for yours, (youtube:zgjReQjFyA0)
again, just change the ( ) to [ ]

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

KanrakusPizza

Sonic R, thanks to this dude

http://www.freewebs.com/sthandkte/Tails%20Doll.png

See, when I played Sonic R, I tried to do the "Tails Doll Curse" to see if it was real. (I was young when I did this.) However, nothing happend. But that night, I could of SWORN I heard tapping noises and I saw a red light. I was so scared, the next day I went back to the videogame store and sold my copy of the game. Now im pretty sure the tapping was just the wind, and the red light was just a car going by. But Im still kinda scared, because you never know...

Edited on by KanrakusPizza

wont be on here anymore

Firkraag

Doom 1 when it was new, I played it on my dads computer, needless to say the first pitchblack room with flickering lights and sounds of enemies all over made me stop playing.

Edited on by Firkraag

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

jaw51

I was over at my friend's house pretty recently and he had this game called Condemned 2. We were up almost all night playing it, only stopping to play CoDMW2 and Gears of War 2. That game was the most disturbing game ever. Even though there were 4 of us, there were still times that made us all jump.

There is no spoon
Welcome to die!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.