Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Funny project Natal spoof

Showing 1 to 18 of 18

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

1. Posted:

Hey guys (I'd say guys and girls but, well, y'know...) I assume all of you have heard of MS new project Natal? Good. I also hope you have watched the E3 demo, if not, watch it before you click the link below. This video is sooo funny. I like MS's gaming system and I think they are at least trying to do something innovative instead of just copying other companies ideas like $ony does. But obviously sooo much can go wrong with project Natal, and this is a good example. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQZQCV40aK4

EDIT:
The video might take a while to get going, just be patient.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

2. Posted:

LOL, that was brilliant! :D

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

3. Posted:

Nice vid :P

Oh and...

BrazCanaMan wrote:

I like MS's gaming system and I think they are at least trying to do something innovative instead of just copying other companies ideas like $ony does.

Yeah Microsoft are angels and don't want money at all... and they're so innovative with their improved Eyetoy rip-off rolleyes. And they don't want money at all and don't exploit the fact that they're the leading OS developers by selling Windows for way too much money . Nice idea you have of Microsoft there...

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

4. Posted:

What? you trying to put words in my mouth? Where did I say MS were angels? They are a greedy corporation that just wants your money, but at least they try. $ony just copies and releases second rate products for top dollar. Eyetoy sucked anyways, it needed an improvement. Plus, no-one is forcing you to buy win-doh-s, if you don't like it, just get Linux. I just see MS as a lesser of two evils.

Edit:
Ok, not all $ony products are bad, TV's and DVD players are good... but that's it.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

5. Posted:

BrazCanaMan wrote:

What? you trying to put words in my mouth? Where did I say MS were angels? They are a greedy corporation that just wants your money, but at least they try. $ony just copies and releases second rate products for top dollar. Eyetoy sucked anyways, it needed an improvement. Plus, no-one is forcing you to buy win-doh-s, if you don't like it, just get Linux. I just see MS as a lesser of two evils.

No sorry I wasn't really insulting you you mistook this.
I just said that Microsoft isn't innovative at all...
And the comment about the money was because you said $ony... I just said that Microsoft is just as money greedy so why not write Micro$oft, too :P
And just because of one single product you can't say that Sony copies stuff because that's not true.
I know Eyetoy wasn't that good but if you say Sony copies then I can that Microsoft totally ripped off Natal of the Eyetoy because they did.
So I didn't want to offense you I just wanted to defend Sony because it's not worse/more "evil" than Microsoft is ;)

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ricardo91

6. Posted:

If you ask me, neither of them are particularly innovative at all. Nintendo is the only REAL innovator, at least this generation. Micro$oft and $ony's prime concern seems to be ripping off the Wii in order to capitalize on it's success. Xbox 360's avatars and channel-based interface? Ripped straight from the Wii. Sony's Sixaxis? Shameless Wiimote ripoff (though Ken Kutaragi swore that the sixaxis came first. :P).

Just Because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!- Homer Simpson
Nintendolife Chat. I'm never in it, but it's good to ptomote these things.
VC-Forums. We're desperate. Please join.
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

7. Posted:

No offence taken. I say $ony because I felt ripped off every time I bought a sony product. It broke or didn't perform as good as other companies products. Also, one thing that got to me was that sony was saying how Wii motion control was a gimmick (whereas Bluray isn't?), and it would never work, blah, blah, blah... and all of a sudden they release the "six-axis" (sux-asses) controller with half-assed motion controls. I'm not a fanboy of $ony, M$ or Nintendo, but at least Ninty and M$ delivered what they promised (everyone knew Xbox360 was going to have problems when it launched, and problems are a M$ promise)... I've had everything $ony, from cameras, phones, laptops, PS, even their POS sony Xplod and all those products left a bad taste in my mouth and a HUGE hole in my wallet. So I was writing that from my experience.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

8. Posted:

Ricardo91 wrote:

If you ask me, neither of them are particularly innovative at all. Nintendo is the only REAL innovator, at least this generation. Micro$oft and $ony's prime concern seems to be ripping off the Wii in order to capitalize on it's success. Xbox 360's avatars and channel-based interface? Ripped straight from the Wii. Sony's Sixaxis? Shameless Wiimote ripoff (though Ken Kutaragi swore that the sixaxis came first. :P).

Nintendo was always innovative. They had the lightgun and the bazooka thingy for the NES that were the first "Wiimotes" especially latter since the bazooke used sensor boxes similar to the sensorbar of the Wii. They had a mat for the NES (similar to the dance dance revolution mat), they had this headset laser visor thing. The japanese SNES had a microfon built into the controller, the NES even had a keyboard (the instrument). And they had the U-Force some kind of NES controller that works with infrared. So you controlled with your hands similar to Eyetoy or Natal.
Nintendo was always innovative and Microsoft/Sony weren't. That's what I love about Nintendo when every developers like Atari, Sega, Microsoft, Sony etc. just cared about graphics and more power and multimedia, Nintendo always cared about what gaming is really about: FUN :D

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

9. Posted:

Well, at least we can all agree on Ninty kicking butt (I've said ass too much on this post... dammit! I did it again!) in terms of innovation, I still think that Wii is the ONLY next gen system for this generation!

ANYWAYS... Let's focus on the funny video that slams MS new project. Aside from the problems that are presented in the video, what else could go wrong? A lot, I'm sure.

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

10. Posted:

BrazCanaMan wrote:

I say $ony because I felt ripped off every time I bought a sony product. It broke or didn't perform as good as other companies products. I've had everything $ony, from cameras, phones, laptops, PS, even their POS sony Xplod and all those products left a bad taste in my mouth and a HUGE hole in my wallet. So I was writing that from my experience.

Well I agree with you about the hole in the wallet but I don't know why your Sony products broke... I think Sony has the best and most robust hardware of all three companies. But let's go back to talk about Natal since that's what this thread is about :P
I think it'll be very expensive and it won't be supported by the "normal" games anyways. (by normal games I mean games that aren't necessarily designed for Natal). I mean how would you use Natal in..say...Halo, since it's the most popular xbox franchise. IF it supports Natal at all I think you would still have to use the controller and maybe just drive cars with Natal or stuff (and you can even do that with the normal PS3 controller so it's not too special...)

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

11. Posted:

Ehhhh, not really... I've had to get numerous PS2 controllers because they broke when they fell from my bed to the ground (hard wood floors) but my GC controller hit the ground HARD numerous times (not always by accident) and it still works perfectly, same with my 360 controllers. Plus i had to get my PS2 slim sent in a month after I got it because of faulty laser lens, it scratches up my game discs if I put it vertical and nowadays it doesn't stay closed unless i put a book or something on top of it... but my other systems worked perfectly no matter what (I love my Dreamcast!).

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SupermarketZombies

12. Posted:

I disagree with you on that Roopa, at least with the PS2. Everyone I know has had to replace their PS2's disc drive.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

13. Posted:

Ok sorry I never had a PS2, but my friend who has a PS3 dropped the controllers several times and it's still working. My uncle once forgot his Sony laptop on this car roof and it fell down when he started driving. It didn't even have a crack just a few scratches... my neighbours PSP fell down from the balcony of the second level onto gravel... it just had a few scratches. So from my personal experiences Sony products are robust ;)
They are really expensive but they have quality :P

Edited on by Roopa132

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

14. Posted:

Well, everyone draws a conclusion based on personal experiences. Good to know it all goes well with you =D
Just keep in mind, it might be luck =P

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

15. Posted:

BrazCanaMan wrote:

Well, everyone draws a conclusion based on personal experiences. Good to know it all goes well with you =D
Just keep in mind, it might be luck =P

yup too bad for you that your stuff breaks :(
it's even worse if the stuff that breaks is expensive and that's the case with most sony products....

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BrazCanaMan

16. Posted:

I just wanted to get this topic up to the surface again in case anyone still hasn't seen the video in the link posted at the top of the page, it's really funny, especially If you think Project Natal is a joke you'll get a kick out of this.

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MarkyVigoroth

17. Posted:

When I finished seeing the trailer for the 1st time, I thought that such system would be great for Mother 3.
However... I soon thought that there is a risk of Doki Doki Majo Shinpan-like games on the XBOX360 as well.
(I know that the above two games are Nintendo-only, but...)

Gehe... "I don't know how to brake!" I would like a game that has one of your friends repair the car you are driving!

..."Twilight"? I'd rather read "My Immortal."

Credits: http://fav.me/d2gq0yf <- NOT my stamp

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

18. Posted:

aww, i feel kinda bad for the poor un-played Xbox at the end, hahaha... it sounded so lonely. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon