Forums

Topic: For those holding off on 8th gen, do recommend a PS3, or a 360?

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

TheMisterManGuy

The PS4 and XO may have been out for a little over a year, but 7th gen is not ready to die just yet. So for gamers who aren't ready for new 8th gen consoles. Which would you recommend them? PS3 or Xbox 360?

TheMisterManGuy

theberrage

Check out each systems exclusive games and determine which library you prefer. For me, I have a ps3 and it has been a great system.

theberrage

Vincent294

If you like sci fi, go 360 for Halo. If you like gritty storytelling, go PS3 for The Last of Us. There are other exclusives, and 360 has better ports and a better network for online multiplayer. What friends have is another factor as well as price.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

DefHalan

I would recommend PS3 just because Online Multiplayer isn't locked behind a paywall. Although I do prefer 360 personally but I own a PS3 now and not a 360 because of that paywall

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jaz007

I reccomend a PS3. Sony has a wide variety of first-party games that should fit what you like. Unless you really want Halo or Gears then definitally go for a PS3. Be sure to pick up Uncharted, inFamous, and Sly Cooper if you do.

Jaz007

RedDevilAde

360 as it has Banjo Kazooie and Tooie... that is all

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CrazyOtto

It seems like that 2015 and on, PS3 and 360 is going to be getting nothing but sports games, movie games, and cross-gen games, but the PS3 and 360 both have a huge library of games that you can play right now.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

RancidVomit86

I prefer 360 but that's because of the exclusives and the controller. Best I can tell you is to just look at exclusives for each and see which appeals most to you.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

sub12

Both are great systems, but I would choose the PS3 due to the exclusives and HD compilations. That being said, I dislike the dual shock 3, so buy yourself the vastly superior dual shock 4.

The 360 is a great system as well, quite a few of the multiplats are superior and how can you go wrong with Halo and Gears of War.

sub12

TheMisterManGuy

CrazyOtto wrote:

It seems like that 2015 and on, PS3 and 360 is going to be getting nothing but sports games, movie games, and cross-gen games, but the PS3 and 360 both have a huge library of games that you can play right now.

But the PS3 is still getting lower budget exclusives from japanese developers, and cross gen games as well like Metal Gear Solid 5.

TheMisterManGuy

sub12

TheMisterManGuy wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

But the PS3 is still getting lower budget exclusives from japanese developers, and cross gen games as well like Metal Gear Solid 5.

While this is true, I think it's becoming pretty obvious that developers are starting to move past the 7th gen, while consumers already have (nobody expected sales of the PS3 and 360 to drop off as fast as they did, both in terms of hardware and software). 2014 will probably be remembered as the last bug hurrah for the 7th gen.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

moomoo

PS3 seems to have a lot more exclusive games, especially of the niche variety. It also helps that Playstation Plus is there, and you can get the games for other systems, too, as long as you go on Sony's website and get them. That way, you can build a pretty sizable library for PS4 and Vita too.

However, 360 has some too. Gears of War, Halo, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, among others.

Honestly, they're both cheap, and the games for them are the cheapest they're going to get. I suppose the controllers could be a factor too? I don't know. I'd recommend both.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Boshar

I upgraded the HDD in my PS3 this year and renewed my PS+ but I must admit that I hardly play on the PS3 these days. I still have a large backlog on the Wii U to play through and even with games that are (arguably) beter on PS3 (like Watch Dogs) I still prefer to get the Wii U version. I prefer the quiet Wii U and the ease of having it all on the HDD.

If you need to choose between PS3 or a 360 I would go for the PS3. To me the exclusives on PS3 are way beter. Games like the Last of Us come to mind. I had a 360 but I sold it (its even louder then the PS3). The fact that anything you purchase won't work if you upgrade to a PS4 or One makes it a difficult recommendation. The Wii U has a unique feature with its backward compatibility for Wii (and even Gamecube if you are willing to hack) I mis this in the other Next Gens.

Boshar

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3401-8648 | Nintendo Network ID: HarryB

Tasuki

The main factors nowadays to help you choose between PS3 and Xbox 360 is exclusives, and what your friends own. If you are a big FPS multiplayer type then probably a 360 with exclusives like Halo and Gears would be a good choice for you while if you are into gritty story driven games then a PS3 with games like The Last of Us, Journey etc is a good choice . But if you are really into online multiplayer with your friends then it helps to get the one most of them have.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CaviarMeths

Both systems have plenty of games worth owning.

PS3 just has more of them, and at a better price point.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Gamecubed

They're both good, and you basically get the same games on both systems except for exclusives (which Sony has more of). It could also depend on what your friends have.
I picked the PS3 over the 360 almost five years ago because of exclusives, and I've never regretted it for a minute.

I guess the controller could also be a factor? I don't know.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

rallydefault

Hrm... I think the PS3 wins out (I owned a 360, though). By the end of the 360's lifespan you had a few big exclusive runs: Halo, Gears of War, and... uhm... Fable? Honestly, I'm drawing a blank. A lot of it was multi-platform stuff, especially near the end.

But Playstation has Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting. By the end of the generation I was a little ticked that I sunk so much into the 360 and the exclusives turned out to be pretty sparse.

rallydefault

Spectator

Ps3 has better exclusives, and more at the end of its run, Xbox 360 has XBLA and stronger FPS but gave up on exclusives by the end of its life. I would go Ps3 unless you prefer FPS shooters as your main games.

Spectator

unrandomsam

There is stuff that is ported only to the 360

Guardian Heroes (Only other version is on the Saturn)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Has Online)
Metal Slug XX (Only Home Console version of it)

Depends where your interests lie. (And if you ignore 30fps games completely like I do - Southpark being the only real exception).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Faruko

At this point ? the PS3, 6 years ago i would have said Xbox360 no doubt

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.