Forums

Topic: Fez II Cancelled, Phil Fish Leaves The Gaming World.

Posts 61 to 75 of 75

LzWinky

And also the fact that he doesn't know how to handle these insults. Throwing tantrums is not the way to handle these things. It only fuels the fire.

Some people just don't understand the concept of ignoring people.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Chrono_Crossing wrote:

Yes, I'm aware he is a little cocky, Shingi. Obviously he has some sort of psychological problems and can't handle small things even when it's mostly his fault.

But that wasn't my point.

Let's see...dev asks him a question. He responds with "well blah just sucks". Everyone gets mad at him for being rude. He responds not with an apology, but with a "You are the ones at fault because you misunderstood me".

What exactly am I missing here Chrono?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Chrono_Cross

Unless I'm missing something here (and feel free to prove me wrong), but he wasn't exactly a game industry celebrity until the final months upon release of Fez. The death threats were coming long before his 2012 outburst and that's where I'm coming from.

But taking one guy's opinion seriously on anything isn't necessarily, well, smart.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LzWinky

Death threats are a little extreme, but for the most part can be shrugged off since most of them are from idiot fanboys. My suggestion is if you're receiving a lot of negative attention on Twitter, either ignore it or change the settings to block them (if you can that is).

Well, the other problem is, like I mentioned in previous posts, he took certain responses too seriously as well.

Chrono_Cross

Like I mentioned in my previous post, he may suffer from some sort of mental illness or he may not know how to handle it.

Just for you.

LzWinky

Well perhaps a break from the internet will help him sort out his problems. I will admit that both sides are at fault in this case.

Chrono_Cross

LzQuacker wrote:

Well perhaps a break from the internet will help him sort out his problems. I will admit that both sides are at fault in this case.

Maybe we should send him a welcome card, lol.

Just for you.

MAN1AC

He seems like a not-so-nice guy and tbh Fez wasnt that great.

C'ya Phil. You won't be missed.

Edited on by LzWinky

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

Gamer83

Gotta have thick skin to be in the game business. I think the guy from Gametrailers, like most 'professional game journalists,' is a complete and total ducky who does nothing good for this industry and is only there to suck off MS. The sooner people wake up and chase pieces of scum like him from gaming, the better. That out of the way, I think Phil Fish lost sight of what gaming is about. It's for the fans, the people who will put money in his pocket by buying his games. A lot of people enjoyed Fez and I think a lot more would've enjoyed the sequel but clearly this wasn't the industry for Fish to be working in.

Edited on by LzWinky

Gamer83

kkslider5552000

The things is, if Phil Fish was actually...good at giving people the finger on Twitter like say, Hideki Kamiya, I'd actually respect him. But he's just...not very good at that and clearly fails to realize that quoting Futurama doesn't make you a clever person. It's kinda like rappers, if you're gonna be an ***hole, be clever and funny about it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sleepingmudkip

he can not take criticism very well and thats one thing you need in the gamer industry./

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Zodiak13

Good riddance. Maybe the spotlight can shine on someone who deserves it. Classless pile of garbage and I hope karma keeps kicking him down. Also his game was ok, but nothing phenomal, so his inflated head seems massively unwarrented. Sorry if I don't feel bad for the people who wanted to support this jerks sequel.

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

CanisWolfred

Zodiak13 wrote:

Good riddance. Maybe the spotlight can shine on someone who deserves it. Classless pile of garbage and I hope karma keeps kicking him down. Also his game was ok, but nothing phenomal, so his inflated head seems massively unwarrented. Sorry if I don't feel bad for the people who wanted to support this jerks sequel.

If I had a nickle for every jerk that has gotten money they didn't deserve, I'd be rich. I don't think I could live off your philosophy of refusing to give money to someone just because I thought they were a jerk...especially since more than half of those jerks are in government...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mamp

Personally all I can say is LOL. I can't feel sorry for the guy he forgot the number one rule of the internet which is to never feed the trolls, but his ego is so massive that he actually argues and cares about what all these trolls are saying. If you can't handle trolls, clearly the online world is not a place for you.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.