Forums

Topic: Fez II Cancelled, Phil Fish Leaves The Gaming World.

Posts 21 to 40 of 78

Geonjaha

Phil Fish had a consistent problem making controversial and insulting comments, but to be honest Marcus Beer acted no better when he consistently attacked him on his show; showing a grudge he had obviously held for a while. He acted as bad as Phil Fish did, and that will be remembered. I still haven't played Fez, but this is sad news for those who were looking forward to Fez II.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

DePapier

Sony_70 wrote:

Its unfortunate since Fez was a pretty great game with a god tier soundtrack. However as a person Phil Fish represents the bad pretentious side of indie gaming that comes off like a Jerk. My problem is that dude has no problem giving people a hard time and acting like he's the epitome of indie gaming (In reality its either Cave Story or Braid imo) but when people come back at him with retorts he can't handle it.

On the flipside I think Jonathan Blow of Braid fame can be a jerk sometimes but he's able to give his thoughts in a concise manner

Than there's this.

While I have my problems with Japanese games as of late there's a better way to support your argument than YOUR GAMES SUCK JAPAN. Blow at least gave good reasons and then gave what he thought were exceptions to the rule, while being able to criticize western games for being homogenized as well.

That video.

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow...

I thought it was a joke, they really allow that kind of attitude at the GDC??? SeriouslY???

Thank the Lord that person is out of the business, I stopped watching at around 2 minutes, please tell me they didn't let him get away with that.

I can now say this with pride: GOOD RIDDANCE. I can't believe it's now official they have people of his kind representing the industry.

And the Japanese makes all those efforts to speak in English, shows humbleness and that's how you answer?? Just because you make 1 game in your lifetime??

HELL NO, GOOD THE OUT.

(I'm sorry for the outburst, too much is just too much, if you feel necessary for me tone it down I won't mine doing so.) :/
please just do us a favor and don't bother next time if you know it's over-the-top and against our Rules — TBD

P.S.: Thanks TBD. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Edited on by DePapier

kkslider5552000

Geonjaha wrote:

Phil Fish had a consistent problem making controversial and insulting comments, but to be honest Marcus Beer acted no better when he consistently attacked him on his show; showing a grudge he had obviously held for a while. He acted as bad as Phil Fish did, and that will be remembered.

Yeah. Also he calls himself the Annoyed Gamer so I hate him pretty much by default. Everyone involved in this is clearly reprehensible.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

GuSolarFlare

Sony_70 wrote:

Its unfortunate since Fez was a pretty great game with a god tier soundtrack. However as a person Phil Fish represents the bad pretentious side of indie gaming that comes off like a Jerk. My problem is that dude has no problem giving people a hard time and acting like he's the epitome of indie gaming (In reality its either Cave Story or Braid imo) but when people come back at him with retorts he can't handle it.

On the flipside I think Jonathan Blow of Braid fame can be a jerk sometimes but he's able to give his thoughts in a concise manner

Than there's this.

While I have my problems with Japanese games as of late there's a better way to support your argument than YOUR GAMES SUCK JAPAN. Blow at least gave good reasons and then gave what he thought were exceptions to the rule, while being able to criticize western games for being homogenized as well.

this goes to show that making a good game doesn't make the person likeable....
and to give up after the first game means he was just lucky with the first one this guy is probably off better as some boring office programmer that only gets credit when the program doesn't work. arrogant and disrespectful people should avoid any kind of spotlight! but if their work is good they can get some attention as long as they don't start talking...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TheLZdragon

I lost all respect for him (if I had any) after watching that video. I didn't think his answer was funny at all and quite frankly he was very rude in his answer. He put this "abuse" upon himself by being the jerk. What kind of reaction was he expecting?

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Zowolffo

OK, before watching that video, I thought he was a guy who just had bad luck with the "fanboys", but now I have almost no respect for him. I'm fine with someone not liking Japanese games, but his answer seemed very rude and uncalled for.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

MrWalkieTalkie

Not making fun of him or anything, but I'm certain he has some sort of condition, like aspergers or something. He seem's easily aggrivated or something...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

shingi_70

Pretty sure he's Bi-polar.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TheLZdragon

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Not making fun of him or anything, but I'm certain he has some sort of condition, like aspergers or something. He seem's easily aggrivated or something...

Human Opinion Entitlement Syndrome

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

This is the game the game the guy who got laughed at is involved with working on.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

@TwistedRabbit

His problem was that he only got crap because he was the one being antagonistic to others. Honestly dude could have easily just made his twitter private and stopped all the comments like that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

R_Champ

TwistedRabbit wrote:

Honestly, I can't help but feel bad for him. Sure, he's pulled off a lot of stupid antics and he pretty much deserved all hate he's gotten, but to just give up on his game development career altogether is a bit extreme. It's probably best for him to just take a long break from the internet. Personally, I kind of want to do the same for a while.

I have a social disability, so it's difficult for me to cope with others on a daily basis. Having been using the internet for a number of years, I get very anxious whenever things like the video games I enjoy gets bashed or criticized, but I normally ignore those people just to avoid trouble. That's why I quit posting on the GameFAQs message boards and even DeviantArt, because I just can't tolerate the amount of pressure from negative people all the time.

LOL, I think even people without an aversion to social situations don't really like Gfaqs because it's SOOO horrendously negative. It's like the home of people who hate their lives and want to spread that hate (see Wii U or Xbox One boards). TBH, I just go there to troll the trolls (I know it doesn't make me any better, but it does make me feel better). The internet in general can be overly harsh as well, as seen with this instance with Fish. Sure, the guy is a mean jerk, but I don't see the point in harassing him if he isn't harassing anyone else. The anonymity that the internet gives is a bit of a double-edge sword in that it allows people to communicate without physical barriers/expectations, but also gives rabid fanboys free reign to troll unchecked. I'd LOVE to see one of those Sony Ponies on the Wii U board try and troll me face to face: I'd just shout BAYONETTA! every time they tried to make some vacuous point about how PS4 is God's gift to mankind.

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

rallydefault

Perhaps a question of lesser evil? Ugh ... the whole exchange is just sad. Yes, Beer, the journalist, doesn't seem afraid to ask hard-hitting questions, but he also doesn't seem too concerned with being professional. I realize our society, more and more, values candid opinions and raw honesty, but that doesn't mean we can shamelessly become monstrous, derogatory commentators "just because." This seems to apply to both men: Beer and Fish. This world is so full of pent-up aggression, and sadly, social media has made it all-too-possible to intensely "vent" on others, causing very disturbing problems for "average joes" (social media bullying, harassment, etc.) and public figure/professional scandals (slurs/attacks/THIS story/etc.)

Very sad overall.

rallydefault

pixelman

The hate people spew at Fish is disgusting and saddening.

His temper tantrum was also ridiculously childish and unprofessional. It's sad that he left in that manner, but he'll probably cool off and come back in a few weeks.

Edited on by pixelman

pixelman

Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa

LordJumpMad

For someone that everyone seems to hate, he sure is getting a lot of attention today.
Maybe he might finish FEZ 2 and call it "FEZ's Quest to laughing at Japanese games".

But really, he should just shut up and make games, like a good game designer. .

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

Twitter:

TheLZdragon

pixelman wrote:

The hate people spew at Fish is disgusting and saddening.

His temper tantrum was also ridiculously childish and unprofessional. It's sad that he left in that manner, but he'll probably cool off and come back in a few weeks.

Only to probably repeat the cycle and then blame everyone else for his problems

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

the_shpydar

So ...
His status as a "one hit wonder" of the game development world is now confirmed? That was always the impression I had of him.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 33 Copies. 3 Sealed, 14 CIB, 16 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic