Forums

Topic: Favorite games you played in 2014

Posts 1 to 20 of 30

kkslider5552000

Because **** expecting everyone to buy all the games as soon as they come out.

Was super behind on getting far enough in the games I started playing at the end of last year to have an opinion, which is why I didn't make this thread. This thing called a relevant video might appear from me in a place I probably can't directly mention via the rules! Same rules as usual as long as 2014 is the first time you played more than say, a half hour of a game, it counts. Doesn't matter when it came out. If you played Earthbound for the first time this year, it counts, for example.

For me, Smash Bros could change at any time I guess!

1. Virtue's Last Reward
2. Shovel Knight
3. Dark Souls
4. Super Smash Bros. U
5. GTA V
6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
7. Bayonetta 2
8. Hyrule Warriors
9. Steamworld Dig
10. Lone Survivor

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
2. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
4. Mario Kart 8
5. Kirby's Adventure Wii (Return to Dreamland)
6. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
7. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
8. Hyrule Warriors
9. Bayonetta 2
10. Link's Crossbow Training

Edited on by Octane

Octane

CaviarMeths

I definitely couldn't place a top 10, but I would say my top 3 are Smash U, Persona 4: The Golden, and Bravely Default in whatever order strikes my mood. Those three certainly have the most hours logged, anyway.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

KryptoniteKrunch

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Super Smash Bros. Wii U
3. Earthbound
4. Shovel Knight
5. SMT Devil Summoner Overclocked
6. SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers
7. Hyrule Warriors
8. DK Tropical Freeze
9. Mario Kart 8
10. Wind Waker HD

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Kid Icarus Uprising
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Hyrule Warriors
5. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Although both versions of Smash are nowhere near the top, I likely wouldn't have come across Kid Icarus Uprising if not for Nintendo's huge Smash focus in 2014.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RR529

10. Bugs VS Tanks (3DS eShop)
9. The Starship Damrey (3DS eShop)
8. Picross e2 (3DS eShop)
7. Salvo Saga HD (AND)
6. Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS eShop)
5. Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (3DS Amb)
4. Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC)
3. InFamous (PS3)
2. Yoshi's Island (3DS Amb)
1. Red Dead Redemption (360)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RedDevilAde

Not the order I'd rank them, but how much fun I got out of them last year:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
3. Sonic Lost World
4. Mario Kart 8
5. Tank!Tank!Tank!

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Jaz007

I could swear someone made a thread just like this, but here goes.
1. inFamous: Second Son (and First Light)
2. Destiny (PS4)
In no order as of now.
3. Samurai Warriors 4
4. SSB Wii U
5. Don't Starve
6. Towerfall: Acension
7. Batman: Arkham Asylum
8. Rune Factory 4
9. Civilization 5 (I think I started this in 2014)

Jaz007

Pkmns

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (lovely though far from perfect PC stealth-strategy game)
Ratchet & Clank (PS3: I remember playing this at a friend of mine's place as a child. Unfortunately, at the time I was a Nintendo extremist so there was no way I could get it. Playing it now and it's a lot of fun)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U: awesome, although I still like 7 better)
Remember Me (PC: critics hated it, but combat aside it's great!)
Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS (3DS... Duh)
The Walking Dead: Season One (PC: make a lot of choices and regret them all!)

Pkmns

Rezalack

Far Cry 4
Dragon Age Inquisition
DKC:TF
Shadow of Mordor
Sunset Overdrive
Fantasy Life.
Bayonetta 2.
Lords of the Fallen..
Evil Within.

And.. I had a heck of a lot of fun with Destiny. Sue me.

Rearranged my list..

Forgot to add Fantasy Life..!

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

CanisWolfred

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Legend of Grimrock (PC)
Bravely Default (3DS)
realMyst (PC)
Banjo-Kazooie HD (XBLA)
Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3)+
Ascension (iOS)
Luftrausers (PSV)
Suikoden (PS1C)
Shin Megami Tensei (iOS)
Demon's Crest (Wii U VC)

No real order yet, this was kinda hard...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Yoshi_Prime

1. Fantasy Life
2. Penumbra: Necrologue
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS
5. Costume Quest

That's all I can remember. I'll have to look at my games once I get home and edit (but I know I won't).

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

I'm genuinely surprised this isn't in my own list. Wow, I really didn't connect with large chunks of this game I guess if mindless Hyrule Warriors beat it out for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pkmns

Now that I think of it, I forgot Far Cry 3: that was some great, mindless, nonsense fun!

Pkmns

spizzamarozzi

in no order:

Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) - I had great fun with this, especially when me, my brother, my cousins and the grandchildren all played together during christmas.
The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - I completely understand people not being into the renting system, but to me it was a good solution to a real problem (scripting). I also understand people not liking it because they want to have dungeons that feature multiple items, but to me, if you have an ability that is so functional to the puzzles (like the "wall merging" here) it kinda balances the lack of multiple items in puzzle solving. If you take away the map, this is the closest a new LoZ game ever got to the first LoZ game.
Steel Diver: Sub Wars (3DS) - I've put more hours into this game than I'm willing to admit. It was especially fun to play with/against japanese players and cheer up one another via morse code.
Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (WiiU) - the best thing about this game is that every set of levels requires a different item, and radically changes the gameplay mechanics. It lasts 15-20 hours and you never feel like you've done the same thing too many times. Also, the co-op mode is the best I've seen on the eShop so far.
Bayonetta (WiiU) - it basically takes everything I like about japanese action games (including the silliness) and multiplies it by 10.
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (NDS) - it's one of the best adventures on DS, a system which excells in the graphic adventures department, so it says a lot. I liked the characters, and the numerical nature of the puzzles was ok, though I have played better puzzles in less ambitious text adventures. The true ending was spectacular, but you have to work hard to reach it (I had to look up a guide as I was tired of playthroughs that led to failure). A good adventure.
Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (WiiU) - I liked the addictive combat system and the clever, switch-based platforming.
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (3DS) - An end-of-the-year purchase that turned into one of the best games I've played this year. It's perfect for people that don't care about fighting games like me. You can perform all the difficult moves by pressing icons on the touch-screen (like in Jump Ultimate Stars). This means you can play every character from the get go without having to learn the moves -> very fun.
Super Smash Bros (WiiU) - another great "christmas at home" game, we played this and the hours just melted away.
Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - the only game out of this list that I didn't finish because of a game save breaking bug that hit me 17 hours in. Initially I thought the new rules to the nonary games were overcomplicated and the setting not as appealing as 999. Eventually I realized that this game fixes nearly everything that didn't work with 999, especially the "start from anywhere" feature when replaying multiple times and the "archive" with all the solutions to the puzzles you've already solved. I've also come to appreciate the characters a lot. Too bad it crashed, because I feel the best was yet to come. Unfortunately, I don't see myself starting over anytime soon - I don't want to read 17 hours of dialogue I've already read, at least not in the near future.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Geonjaha

My favourite game from 2014 was Legend of Grimrock 2
A Link Between Worlds was second. Don't really remember much else.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Tasuki

1. Infamous Second Son (PS4)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
4. Strider (PS4)
5. NBA 2K14 (PS4)

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Dezzy

1. Mario Kart 8
2. Shovel Knight
3. Bayonetta 2
4. The Swapper
5. Wind Waker HD

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

spizzamarozzi wrote:

The Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - I completely understand people not being into the renting system, but to me it was a good solution to a real problem (scripting). I also understand people not liking it because they want to have dungeons that feature multiple items, but to me, if you have an ability that is so functional to the puzzles (like the "wall merging" here) it kinda balances the lack of multiple items in puzzle solving. If you take away the map, this is the closest a new LoZ game ever got to the first LoZ game.

I thought it was good purely on the grounds that it changed the formula a bit. I don't think it made the game better or worse really.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Gamecubed

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Bioshock Infinite
3, Tomb Raider 2013
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
5. Grand Theft Auto V
6. Mario Kart 8
7. Super Mario 3D World
8. Hyrule Warriors
9. Mirror's Edge
And I probably missed a bunch.

Gamecubed

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.