Forums

Topic: Fallout: New Vegas Thread.

Posts 121 to 125 of 125

Supermarioman

Nice to see this thread back, I've put over 60 hours in the game now (Working on Fallout 3 now) and it was brilliant, glad to see someone else love Mr. House and Chicken, seeing as the DLC is exclusive to the 360 and I have the PS3 version, how good is it in a bit more detail, I've heard a lot of negatives about it.

Supermarioman

Philip_J_Reed

I don't want to spoil it, as going in blind is the best way to experience it.

If you're looking for DLC that'll give you uber weapons and awesome armor that you can use to terrorize the wasteland, then Dead Money isn't for you.

But if you're looking for DLC that actually reinvents the Fallout formula and pretty much offers you an entirely different kind of gaming experience...with some truly great characters and moments...then go for it.

It all depends what you're after.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

Yeah, House was a pretty cool character, but after meeting Yes Man, I could go no other way (and my original faction choice was going to be Caesar's Legion). I hope that future DLC deals with Joshua Graham, aka "The Burned Man"; it would be pretty awesome...

By the way, great avatar, CB. I took a similar screenshot, only there was another face in his place...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

Philip_J_Reed

I think my options with Yes Man were still open right up until the final conflict...so when new DLC comes out I'll buy that, play through it, and then re-finish the game siding with Yes Man. (And honestly, I almost felt bad not siding with him, as Dave Foley gave a great performance.)

There are hints that the DLC will form a complete substory, MF, if that helps you make your decision about Dead Money. Characters in there refer to people and places and events that don't exist (but are mentioned) in the main game, and speculation is that later DLC packs will include them.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Deviant_Mugen

The decision about Dead Money relies entirely on my cousin (who actually owns the game) and how long this stupid temporary exclusivity on the 360 lasts. From the speculation I've seen about the other DLC on NMA, they'll definitely all flesh out the story...

And I agree, Dave Foley was great as Yes Man...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.