Forums

Topic: EA Announces Their Own Subscription Service for Xbox One

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

RancidVomit86

@SCAR392 I own Madden 25 on 360 and play it often don't see how it is gimped. Yet again every company has good and bad games. Everyone wants to hit BF4 having issues when it launched or whatever 2 or 3 reasons you can complain. Let's talk about all the good games as well Need For Speed, Burnout, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, Crysis, SSX, FIFA and more I'm sure I'm just not thinking of at the moment. This is my problem. Painting a bias picture of how every EA game is garbage is completely wrong.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

SCRAPPER392

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@SCAR392 I own Madden 25 on 360 and play it often don't see how it is gimped. Yet again every company has good and bad games. Everyone wants to hit BF4 having issues when it launched or whatever 2 or 3 reasons you can complain. Let's talk about all the good games as well Need For Speed, Burnout, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age, Crysis, SSX, FIFA and more I'm sure I'm just not thinking of at the moment. This is my problem. Painting a bias picture of how every EA game is garbage is completely wrong.

I know that all of EA isn't crappy. Also, I was talking about Madden and FIFA 13 for Wii U as the gimped games. That's what I'm saying. It's mostly just a few instances where they disappointed someone.

I think Sims 4 looks good, and I'm thinking about buying Plants vs. Zombies. It's just a few instances where people are ticked off, but those areas are probably the games they play from EA. Like say if all I care about is Maddem, then it doesn't effect me if Sim City online could potentially tick me off, because I don't play that game. That's why I'm saying that everyone is throwing that altogether, even if something doesn't effect them.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

Those "people" are not ticked off. They're practically in an eternal rage towards a nonexistent entity.

EA being voted worst company of the year (twice), death threats towards EA employees, boycotts, and consistent moaning on the internet are all examples of, well, being beyond ticked off. The ones who complain time after time (like you, Scar. I've seen you post on numerous occasions your 'opinion' of EA), need to go outside.

The man-childs who voted for EA as the worst company in America (either time), are selfish, stereotypical Americans who ruin nearly everything for the rest of us. Not to mention the scum that have threatened EA employees and their families.

It's pathetic, it's unjustified, it's selfish, it's ignorant, and above all else, it gets old. If you (not you specifically, Scar), do not like something, don't talk about it. I dislike Jack Black. Do you see me commenting paragraphs on Weird Al's new single 'Tacky' about how childish and talentless he is? No.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Zizzy

@RancidVomit86 It's not worn out if they're still doing it. I still see rehashed sports games every year. And that wasn't me giving my reasoning for why I don't like EA. I'm not into companies who capitalize as much as they can on the gaming industry. I just found this whole subscription service funny.

Call me a hipster all you want, you guys are the ones overpaying, lol. I haven't paid for an EA game in years.

Edited on by Zizzy

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

CaviarMeths

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Those "people" are not ticked off. They're practically in an eternal rage towards a nonexistent entity.

EA being voted worst company of the year (twice), death threats towards EA employees, boycotts, and consistent moaning on the internet are all examples of, well, being beyond ticked off. The ones who complain time after time (like you, Scar. I've seen you post on numerous occasions your 'opinion' of EA), need to go outside.

The man-childs who voted for EA as the worst company in America (either time), are selfish, stereotypical Americans who ruin nearly everything for the rest of us. Not to mention the scum that have threatened EA employees and their families.

It's pathetic, it's unjustified, it's selfish, it's ignorant, and above all else, it gets old. If you (not you specifically, Scar), do not like something, don't talk about it. I dislike Jack Black. Do you see me commenting paragraphs on Weird Al's new single 'Tacky' about how childish and talentless he is? No.

For someone who dedicates his posting almost entirely to antagonizing Nintendo fans, you sure do pick some weird things to get angry about.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SCRAPPER392

@Chrono_Cross
I've already said that I'm not completely outraged at EA; only a few instances. You'd have to be pretty foolish to ignore that they messed some stuff up, though.

You might not be talking about how you dislike Jack Black, but at least be able to understand why some other people are being vocal about it. I totally agree that there is a limit. Threatening people is unacceptable and saying they are the worst company in the U.S. is a long shot(especially since we all know there is and has been worse), but not everyone is saying they are absolute garbage; just that some of what they do is questionable. This applies to almost every entity.

You guys are disappointed that Nintendo hasn't implemented cross buy and other things. Some people don't like that Activision releases so much DLC for CoD, or just CoD in general, or maybe that AC just keeps chugging along somehow, and people want something different. I think PS Now is dumb, because they could be working on getting things running on the console instead.

Everyone has their opinions.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

For someone who dedicates his posting almost entirely to antagonizing Nintendo fans, you sure do pick some weird things to get angry about.

You mean the death threats or Jack Black?

You shouldn't be so vague.

You might not be talking about how you dislike Jack Black, but at least be able to understand why some other people are being vocal about it. I totally agree that there is a limit.

I'm glad you do. But, there's a difference between constructive and harsh criticism. The latter is useless.

You'd have to be pretty foolish to ignore that they messed some stuff up, though.

There has never been a business that hasn't had a few failures. EA is not perfect but I cannot blame a company for trying to make a profit. Micro transactions are not game breaking so long as they aren't necessary. Dead Space 3 did it quite well.

Just for you.

CaviarMeths

Chrono_Cross wrote:

You mean the death threats or Jack Black?

You shouldn't be so vague.

More of a general statement, really. You have surprisingly thin skin for someone who gets a kick out of winding people up. Getting your feelings hurt because people don't like EA seems like a waste of energy to me.

But oh well, I guess everyone's gotta be passionate about something.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Chrono_Cross

I have a low tolerance for video game fans sending detailed death threats to developer's families.

I'm so, so sorry.

Just for you.

CaviarMeths

Well, nobody tolerates death threats. I think we've reached a point as a civilization where threatening to kill someone's children is widely regarded as, you know, poor form. The Hepler incident was awful and should have never happened.

But to pretend that that's behavior typical of EA's detractors is pretty silly. Pretending that EA doesn't do plenty to earn their detractors is equally silly.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

Chrono_Cross

But to pretend that that's behavior typical of EA's detractors is pretty silly. Pretending that EA doesn't do plenty to earn their detractors is equally silly.

Yes, EA deserved those death threats.

I'm so glad you're here to justify such childish, barbaric actions.

Just for you.

8BitSamurai

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Yes, EA deserved those death threats.

I'm so glad you're here to justify such childish, barbaric actions.

CaviarMeths wrote:

Well, nobody tolerates death threats. I think we've reached a point as a civilization where threatening to kill someone's children is widely regarded as, you know, poor form. The Hepler incident was awful and should have never happened.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Chrono_Cross

Don't worry, I read it. But apparently EA has done enough for those kind of actions to be expected.

EA is so evil. Micro transactions? So evil.

Just for you.

8BitSamurai

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Don't worry, I read it. But apparently EA has done enough for those kind of actions to be expected.

EA is so evil. Micro transactions? So evil.

I'm not sure if you didn't read what he said, didn't understand what he said, or are just pretending not to. Which is it?

Chrono_Cross

Pretending that EA doesn't do plenty to earn their detractors is equally silly.

EA does plenty to earn such detractors.

Let's put emphasis on this part of the post.

Just for you.

8BitSamurai

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Obviously "detractors" excludes those giving death threats, considering he dedicated a whole paragraph to explaining he does not condone or justify the death threats.

CaviarMeths

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not only did you edit out my context, but you even added your own word!

You're very good at this trolling thing, I gotta hand it to you.

RancidVomit86

This is just foolish. Point still stands that EA has had good and bad decisions just like any company out there. They, just like any business, have had to endure trial and error in some situations to figure out how to get it right. New business models take market testing at some point and that in no way should make them an evil company.

It's really childish that EA gets voted worst company in America when we have others out there poisoning people's drinking water.

Face it folks EA makes more games and better games than what you give them credit for. They are the one's big enough and financially strong enough to try and introduce new ideas like micro transactions in console games. They aren't the first ones to release a broken game and won't be the last.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

shingi_70

So last week EA all Access just put up the Madden 15 preview.

You download the full game and can play it for up to six hours (six in game hours, not from when you download it). The full game is there for you to try alongside full multiplayer and achievements, After the six hours you can't play the game.

You get 10% of of the digital game and it starts to download once you bought it, but it won't be playable till tonight.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.