Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Dragon Age - Origins - Xbox 360/PS3/PC - First Impressions

Showing 1 to 17 of 17

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

1. Posted:

So I got the game on release date, and I got to say that this RPG is really addictive! It's been awhile since I've played an 80 hour RPG, it's definitely good to be back. Moving on to the game, the graphics are very good, bad compared to the PS3 and PC versions. The story is very well done, there are also 6 different Origin story's for you to chose from depending on the character you make. Battling the enemies in the game is the best part, very addicting! Though dieing is kind of common, good thing for the self-healing. Also, every conversation you have with a character, they have have voicing, and I mean EVERY CONVERSATION!! I can tell they spent so much time on this game, well they did start back in 2004, so yeah. Great voices, BTW. This game is really great!! I LOVE it!

9.4/10

For those that have, what are your thoughts?

Edited on by Infernape1000

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2. Posted:

i might get this instead of modern warfare 2. now just to waut for the AC2 reviews.

hey did you buy the wardens keep DLC or does it comes free like the stone prisoner (have you played that dlc yet)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

SilentJ

3. Posted:

Glad to hear positive things about this one. I'll probably pick it up early next year.

PSN ID : MrPink78

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

4. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

i might get this instead of modern warfare 2. now just to waut for the AC2 reviews.

hey did you buy the wardens keep DLC or does it comes free like the stone prisoner (have you played that dlc yet)

I have not played Warden's Keep, it costs Microsoft points. So it's not free. I'm glad Stone Prisoner came free with it, otherwise...bye bye 1200 Microsoft points.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5. Posted:

I think I'll rent Dragon Age when I get a chance. I've never been keen on games with generic Medievel fantasy settings, and I know nothing of the gameplay, but I have a feeling I might like this game.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

6. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I think I'll rent Dragon Age when I get a chance. I've never been keen on games with generic Medievel fantasy settings, and I know nothing of the gameplay, but I have a feeling I might like this game.

Depends if you like RPGs with a deep plot and tactical battle strategies, not to mention over 80 hours of gameplay.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7. Posted:

Infernape1000 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Depends if you like RPGs with a deep plot and tactical battle strategies, not to mention over 80 hours of gameplay.

Well, I've never been too keen on game stories, and since I never beat games anyways, length doesn't really matter to me. I've haven't been following the game at all, so I know nothing about the gameplay. I do like strategy, though, provided I can understand the mechanics.

Again, I'll probably just rent it and see how it is.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

eripmav

8. Posted:

Ah I was about to start a thread here on this! I adore Bioware big stylee, not that I liked the original Mass Effect.

Classical RPGs like Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale...omg, I loves them so much. Not so keen on NWN, I never could get into the graphical style. Hopefully...Dragon Age will keep me addicted, I need an RPG fix and I need it NOW.

eripmav

AuthorMessage

odd69

9. Posted:

What i don't understand is why the graphical differences between the consoles and PC. Why wouldn't Bioware make the graphics better for both machines? I'll never understand it. I would post my impressions but i didn't get mine today it's tomorrow when i get it (payday). I'm getting mine for the ps3 though,But really it's the same game so regardless I'll try my best to make time to post thoughts.No promises, games like this devour me

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

AuthorMessage

eripmav

10. Posted:

I've not actually looked into the differences but I imagine for PC and 360, it'll be different because of Windows supporting DX9 onwards but the 360's only DX9.

As for the PS3, I don't know. I think I need to do some reading..

eripmav

AuthorMessage

Knux

11. Posted:

Awesome, I will pick up the PS3 version sooner or later. :)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

12. Posted:

I am thinking about either getting this or demon souls

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

AuthorMessage

JayArr

13. Posted:

80 hours!? Is that for one play through or due to the multiple character options?

If that's just one playthrough I want me some of this.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

14. Posted:

One playthrough is longer than 150 hours if you do a lot of quests and one playthrough can take hundreds of hours maybe even a thousand if you do everything. This game will keep you occupied for a long time

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

AuthorMessage

JayArr

15. Posted:

This game is so ****ing awesome! It has consumed all my videogame time.

Seriously highly recommend buying this if your a PS360 owning RPG fan. Killer game.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Infernape1000

16. Posted:

BTW, rushing in a single playthrough takes only 40 hours......I did that.

Next, 100% Completion!

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

AuthorMessage

Magi

17. Posted:

It's down to 49.99 on Amazon now.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker