Forums

Topic: Dodgey 360 Controller/Batteries?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

SepticLemon

Ok, I've had this problem for a while now, and maybe you guys might be able to fill me in on this hassle that I've had on my Black 360 controller and the rechargeable batteries for it. Last year my first battery for my black controller failed, I've had it since 2007 and I just thought it bit the dust as rechargeable batteries go, as in it wouldn't hold any charge. I bought myself a new one, and really quickly, the new battery died on me too. I'm trying to work out the reasons for why it would do this. Either I'm unlucky and I bought a battery that wouldn't last very long, or I'm sceptical on how my controller and or charge kit is working, after all the controller charges the battery via the USB cable, so it might be an issue with the controller. Thing is I have one of the special green 8 way sensor D-pad models, which the battery works fine, so I'm puzzled to why my black batteries die on me.

Anyone else got any knowledge on this? Are there sets of dud 360 batteries and controllers out there?

SepticLemon

Twitter:

the_shpydar

Probably just be the battery. One of the 360 controller batteries i have has a similar problem, where it will no longer take a full charge. But i've actually found that my newer black controller battery seems to hold a charge longer than my other ones.

If you're using the "plug and play" charge kit, it may be the cable; i had one where the cable wiring must have come loose or whatever internally, so it no longer would recognize when a controller was attached. Make sure the little light is on when it's plugged in, otherwise it means that the cable isn't realizing that it's connected to the battery.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SepticLemon

Well, here's the thing, as an experiment, I tried charging it once with a different cable, which made no difference, then trying to charge the black battery through my green controll, no cigar there either.

I'm just paranoid that I'm going to buy a third battery, and in turn will die on me really quick just like this newwer one that I have.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

the_shpydar

So sounds like you got a bum battery. The only alternative to buying a new one i guess is to just get some reliable rechargeable AA batteries and use them instead.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

SepticLemon

Well I have a bunch of recharable AAs, thing is I need to find the originary battery clip for the controller.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

SepticLemon

Ok, I had a word with my a friend of mine who told me something called the "Tape Trick". What happens is, since the analogue sticks are positioned on the top and bottom of the controller, your hands eventually will warp the plastic and cause it to twist, when this happens, the pins for the battery might not touch. SO I tried his little trick using electrical tape on the left and right hand side of the battery to take things a little tighter inside. Althoulgh it fit, unfortantly it didn't work and still refuses to charge...

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Ravage

You'd have to be holding onto that controller pretty hard to warp it, no to mention you would have to hold it like that for a long time for it to keep the shape.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

99er

Rechargeable double a batteries are not reliable at all, I would suggest purchasing a battery pack. I know energizer put out a set of battery packs, but I can't comment on how good they are. What I can recommend however are these batteries packs I had picked up off of Kick Gaming [link]. These batteries will hold a charge for 8 hours of contstant use, I'm not kidding. They also come with a generic USB charging cable, which I usually plug into my computer's front panel when I'm using them (I play my 360 on my Monitor via. VGA cables from Micro$haft). They are currently on sale right now for three dollars USD. They will ship outside of United States and Canada as well and their shipping dates are pretty good.

Edited on by 99er

99er

SepticLemon

I came across this...

Sorry for the incredible amount of chavvy-ness in that video, but the trick he did actually works! I tried it out and both of the batteries that I thought are dead actually work now! It's funny how you can trick the plug and play charger.

Edited on by SepticLemon

SepticLemon

Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.