Forums

Topic: Do you guys think 2015 will be a good or bad year for gaming?

Posts 21 to 40 of 49

unrandomsam

I think 2014 was great for me :

indies
Astebreed
Transistor
Shovel Knight
Gunhound EX

FPS
Wolfenstein : The New Order

Action
Bayonetta

Fighting
Smash Bros Wii U

2D Platformer
Tropical Freeze

As far as I am concerned lots of that stuff is as good as it gets. (Bravely Default the second half was the worst game I have played for a long time to the end anyway - I wish I didn't. No content awful story). Hope Dragon Quest XI is better.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

R_Champ

Dezzy wrote:

2014 was probably the worst year this decade. The AAA market seems to have seriously started to stagnate.
2015 is looking far better though. The big games that'll definitely play a role:

Zelda U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Majora's Mask
MGS5
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight
FF15
Bravely Second
Uncharted 4

I thought 2014 was actually pretty good. Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. Wii U (sorry, I don't count 3DS), Bayonetta 2... that's just the Wii U which "haz no gamez!!11" Other platforms had some great titles as well. Is it the BEST year? Probably not, but I definitely wouldn't say it's anywhere near the worst. I have to say 2015 is looking pretty good though; there's probably even a lot you could add to the list (like Splatoon, Project STEAM, Street Fighter V, and Mass Effect 4...if it's this year).

Personally I understand why FFXV is on there, but...ugh, Square Enix is dead to me...I would say the same about MGS, but that series was still pretty good last I checked (I haven't tried Ground Zereos yet though). Konami in general is pretty pathetic though. Makes me worried they'll rely too much on MGS and totally ruin it.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Ralek85

Dezzy wrote:

2014 was probably the worst year this decade.

I couldn't disagree more. I played plenty of fun games this year, more so than in some time. I can't say it was an especially amazing year, but it was solid, very good even. Bayonetta was a blast, SSB, MK8 and Captain Toad were not too shabby either.
There were other highlights like Transistor or Endless Dungeon/Legend to name just a few on the indie/ PC side of things.

Forza Horizon 2 is the most fun I had in any racing game to date. It caught me completely by surprise (never played a Forza game before cause I tend to despise anything simulation-related), but I can honestly say, if you like amazing racing in beautiful environments with great cars and cool music, there is nothing else like it - it will put a big fat smile on your face whenever you play and it is totally worth getting a X1 for.
Things were a bit slower on 3DS and PS4 obviously. But my PS4 saw some serious use for The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor, while both somewhat flawed, they were also highly enjoyable title. I have yet to play DA:I, only played the coop so far.
I also enjoyed Titanfall and Destiny for a while, although I've stopped playing some time ago, as well as Halo MCE Co-op (a total blast, esp. Halo 2 looks and plays fantastic! also .... so much content, now we even get ODST) and Sunset Overdrive.
Talking about shooters, I'm a bit annoyed that I bought PvZ: Garden Warfare at full price when it was given away litterally for free couple of weeks later at the PSX event but still .. fun game! While technically a last year release GTA V was amazing. The best one yet by any measure and a super smooth experience on the PS4.

Let's not forget that Vita saw the release of Danganronpa 1 + 2. Both blessed with a great localization ... must-have games for anyone into story/story telling/ charactere development. Those games set a totally new bar in that regard.

Considering PS4 and X1 were basically in their first year most of 2014 it was a pretty decent one, and looking at 2015 it's probably going to get even better. I don't need to list all the stuff that'S coming up but I want to point out that a year that sees games like Persona 5, Quantum Break, S.T.E.A.M, Severed and Splatoon is looking to be special! (Just to name my respective favourites for each platform) As far as mutliplatform-games go, to name just one, I'd have to point to The Division, which is one of the few games I'Ve been hyped for since it's announcement, even more so than for RB:Siege, which also looks very cool gameplay-wise.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy wrote:

2014 was probably the worst year this decade. The AAA market seems to have seriously started to stagnate.
2015 is looking far better though. The big games that'll definitely play a role:

Zelda U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Majora's Mask
MGS5
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight
FF15
Bravely Second
Uncharted 4

I'm not sure this should really count, because chances are it'll be an extremely rare game that likely doesn't even make it on the eshop so the only way to buy will be through Gamestop (Shulk amiibo is exclusive with there being plans of selling brand new figures as used so it looks like things aren't going to change).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Knux

I think it will be one of the best years in gaming and the first year that the current generation of gaming will kick into full gear, but we will see what happens.

Knux

Taceus

I'll tell you tomorrow.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

CanisWolfred

2014 wasn't terrible, but I'm used to, at minimum, 20 games a year that are really good that I'm willing to add to my collection. I think this year barely hit the minimum accross all platforms that I own...and only 7 or 8 were exceptional when the year before had more than a dozen.

Lemmee make a list (not counting rereleases):

Transistor
Luftrausers
Valient Hearts
Shovel Knight
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Bayonetta 2
Smash Bros.
Bravely Default
Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2
Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Guilty Gear Xrd
Far Cry 4
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
inFamous: Second Son
...Fantasy Life?

Actually that's less that I though...I think the other 3 I was thinking of were re-releases...

There are a couple of PC games I have to confirm, though. Namely Freedom Planet, Legend of Grimrock II, Wastelands 2, Ziggurat, Lord of Xulima, and Divinity: Original Sin. Plus I think it's safe to say Sunset Overdrive on the Xbone is really, really good, though I've only been watching videos of it...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Aurumonado

Two open world Nintendo First party experiences, The freaking Majora's Mask AND a Miyamoto (a Star Fox no less!) - It'll be one heck of a year my friend

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/HalcyonInkAndImage?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Switch Friend Code: SW-7763-4930-1410 | Nintendo Network ID: Aurumonado | Twitter:

sub12

Knux wrote:

I think it will be one of the best years in gaming and the first year that the current generation of gaming will kick into full gear, but we will see what happens.

This...

sub12

faint

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Zelda U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Majora's Mask
MGS5
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight
FF15
Bravely Second
Uncharted 4

I'm not sure this should really count, because chances are it'll be an extremely rare game that likely doesn't even make it on the eshop so the only way to buy will be through Gamestop (Shulk amiibo is exclusive with there being plans of selling brand new figures as used so it looks like things aren't going to change).

i doubt this. sofar xenoblade is the only exclusive to the new 3ds coming out this year. they will also want it to ride on the back of x.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Sleepingmudkip

If FE X SMT comes out in 2015 then it would be the next year

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

It will be a great year if all goes according to plan. If we somehow end up with a lot of broken or disappointing games like we did this year (Nintendo had a great year though!), then the resulting disappointment would be ridiculous. I don't think that will happen though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Einherjar

As long as it turnes out its actually goingt to be the Year of Cpt. Falcon and we get a new F-Zero (current gaming mood), i can die in peace

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

KryptoniteKrunch

It'll be one of the best years in gaming imo.

Nintendo is cranking out some top-tier games like Zelda, Xenoblade, Kirby, Yoshi and Star Fox. Their also putting out two new IPs in Codename Steam and Splatoon. Round that out with remasters such as Majora's Mask and Xenoblade 3D and Nintendo's 2015 looks awesome.

Sony and Microsoft look like their finally putting out quality exclusives for Xbox One and PS4. 2014 was pretty lackluster in terms of exclusives for both of these platforms. Both consoles only really had one notable exclusive plus a remaster(Second Son and Last of Us/Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

shingi_70

Halo
Uncharted
Zelda

Those three among other things means it will be a great year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Grumblevolcano

faint wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Zelda U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Majora's Mask
MGS5
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight
FF15
Bravely Second
Uncharted 4

i doubt this. sofar xenoblade is the only exclusive to the new 3ds coming out this year. they will also want it to ride on the back of x.

But given the Shulk amiibo situation it makes me think there's something more to the deal made in 2010 rather than just this specific game (thw Wii version) is exclusive to Gamestop. As for being the only exclusive so far, New 3DS hasn't even been confirmed for NA so it could be that their Nintendo Direct on it gives other titles instead (The GC and Wii Fire Emblem games seem pretty likely given soundtrack release in March).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperWiiU

In terms of games released this year 2014 was one of the worst I've actively experienced, just looking at the list of 2015 it will definitively be a better year even if most of those games disappoint a little.

CrazyOtto

I don't know yet, but I'm going to love Mario Maker.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Taceus

Taceus wrote:

I'll tell you tomorrow.

Untitled

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.