Forums

Topic: Do you guys think 2015 will be a good or bad year for gaming?

Posts 1 to 20 of 49

mariovslink62

Gaming 2014 was pretty bad IMO. Rushed games, Disappointing games, no games in the summer (excluding indie games) and just a whole lot of crap.

The funny thing is we hyped up 2014 as an amazing game for gaming, and look what happened. So do you think 2015 will be the same, or do you guys think game developers will actually get their crap straight?

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

DefHalan

2014 wasn't bad for me, but I don't own a PS4 or Xbone which may have something to do with it. I also have a big backlog. The Wii U's line up looks great for 2015. Really looking forward to it, my wallet isn't as much lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

mariovslink62

[quote=DefHalan]2014 wasn't bad for me, but I don't own a PS4 or Xbone which may have something to do with it.

That's probably why. I own a PS4, XBOX ONE, and Wii U and for the first two (PS4 and XBOX ONE) this year was pretty bad.

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

DefHalan

mariovslink62 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

2014 wasn't bad for me, but I don't own a PS4 or Xbone which may have something to do with it.

That's probably why. I own a PS4, XBOX ONE, and Wii U and for the first two (PS4 and XBOX ONE) this year was pretty bad.

2015 doesn't look any better for PS4 or Xbone to me. So I guess 2015 could be another bad year

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SkywardLink98

Arkham Knight, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, and Legend of Zelda. It looks like a pretty good year for consoles.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Punished_Boss_84

It can't get worse.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Ryno

If it goes as planned, Nintendo (at least home console wise, don't have a 3DS) is going to be an awesome year for gaming: Kirby, Yoshi, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, and Zelda oh my!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Yoshi_Prime

There's quite a few great games coming out in 2015. Gaming will have a good year in 2015. The gaming industry and politics surrounding the gaming industry will be bad,

Yoshi_Prime

sub12

2015 looks to be an amazing year from all of the big players (Sony, Microsoft, and thr big N)......it looks like everybody is brining there A game. 2014 was mediocre, but it will probably be remembered as the final transition year from the 7th gen to the 8th (it was only evident during the 2nd half of 2014 that developers were finally starting to move past the 7th gen).

The Wii U had the best exclusives of 2014, but IMO, it's continuing droughts and lackluster third party support meant that the PS4 and XB1 were just as successful software wise.

sub12

MrGawain

I think next year will be better for all the consoles (The Wii U will have more games if not better), but it wouldn't surprise me that certain games (Evolve, the Witcher, Bloodbourne, Arkham Knight,) may not live up to the lofty expectations some people already have for them, if only for not being that different to what has come before.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

HankLangley

Guyz, 2o15 will be da besht year for gamesh, with the new Wii Shmoo, and the mew malleo kurt 23809328

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

MsJubilee

MrGawain wrote:

I think next year will be better for all the consoles (The Wii U will have more games if not better), but it wouldn't surprise me that certain games (Evolve, the Witcher, Bloodbourne, Arkham Knight,) may not live up to the lofty expectations some people already have for them, if only for not being that different to what has come before.

I love that you named all the games not coming to the Wiiu, not going to live up to expectations. Zelda U might not live up to expectations who knows?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

PokeMario

There are a lot of big games coming next year. A good number of them will end up being disappointments, but that will still leave us with enough games that'll end up being great, and there will be more of them then there were this year.

PokeMario

Octane

It will be better than 1928. That year was a horrible year for video games, no quality games at all!

Octane

Peach64

There's certainly potential for a great year. It seems every couple of years we get a great year. 2013 was amazing, 2011 was very, very good, as was 2009 and 2007 was amazing too.

Just some of the games I'm looking forward to are The Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Persona 5, Disgaea 5, Yakuza 5 and Halo: Guardians.

Hopefully we can add Dragon Quest VII on 3DS to that. While a remake, it's a remake of a game that never got released here in Europe so it would be a brand new game for me.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

kkslider5552000

Peach64 wrote:

There's certainly potential for a great year. It seems every couple of years we get a great year. 2013 was amazing, 2011 was very, very good, as was 2009 and 2007 was amazing too.

So what you're saying is we need to just ignore games on even numbered years.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

retropunky

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Peach64 wrote:

So what you're saying is we need to just ignore games on even numbered years.

Woah that is quite insightful... 2015 here we come!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Dezzy

2014 was probably the worst year this decade. The AAA market seems to have seriously started to stagnate.
2015 is looking far better though. The big games that'll definitely play a role:

Zelda U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Majora's Mask
MGS5
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight
FF15
Bravely Second
Uncharted 4

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.