Forums

Topic: Do you 100% Zelda games?

Posts 21 to 40 of 41

BearHunger

I've never cleared a Zelda game 100%. With Minish Cap I've been trying and I am pretty close, but I doubt I'll manage it.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

grumblebuzzz

Never have 100%'ed one. It's too tedious and some of those heart pieces in some of the games are ridiculous.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Ryu_Niiyama

The last one I 100% was TP. I just don't have the free time anymore.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

I think I did with ocarina, just cos I love the game so much.
But otherwise, I only ever 100% the game if there's some actual reward from doing so. In Zelda games, that surplus of time and energy is usually spent getting more heart containers. That has almost no purpose assuming you're good enough to complete the game with a regular number.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

No, just like with every game I play it until I am satisfied. I don't see 100% as the finish line. I will play a game until I cannot play it anymore. Sometimes that is 100% multiple times, sometimes that is after 1 hour of playing. I do plan to finish at least every Zelda game right now I have a few console Zeldas to finish then I will switch my focus to the handheld games. (although I have finished all of the Wind Waker Trilogy)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

VanillaLake

Interesting stories. I have achieved 100% in some Zelda games but I admit sometimes it feels pointless, so you only should do it if you are enjoying every second of the game. For example, I love Ocarina of Time, but I still have one piece of heart to find in the 3D version and I don't know what piece is that, so I don't want to try to search for every single piece of heart again.

In Wind Waker HD if you get all the figurines it's only because you can't get enough of that game, it's not my case so I gave up that side quest but tried to get all the other stuff.

Majora's Mask is one of the few Zelda games I'd say it's really worth it trying to get everything.

Edited on by VanillaLake

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

RR529

Twilight Princess (Yes)
A Link to the Past (Yes)
Phantom Hourglass (No)
Spirit Tracks (No)
Minish Cap (No)
Link's Awakening (No)
Ocarina of Time 3D (No)
Four Swords Anniversary (?)
Zelda I (No)
Zelda II (Didn't even beat)
Oracle of Seasons (No)
Oracle of Ages (No)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

yokokazuo

Since this is my favourite series, I always try to get 100% in all games.
The Legend of Zelda - 100%
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords - 100%, only had the chance to beat Four Swords once
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - beaten, 3D version 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - I never owned a Gamecube, but I did beat this with my friend
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary edition - 100%
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - 100%, in the middle of second play through on Hero mode
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 100%, in the middle of second play through on Hero mode and I'm trying to beat 999.99 seconds on the Cucco mini game...

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Geonjaha

Wow. There are a lot of people here very proud of meaningless achievements.

My answer would be not unless I really enjoyed them, and the game doesn't bore me before I've finished it completely. So far the only Zelda games I've played that tick those boxes are Minish Cap and A Link Between Worlds.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

rallydefault

Geonjaha wrote:

Wow. There are a lot of people here very proud of meaningless achievements.

My answer would be not unless I really enjoyed them, and the game doesn't bore me before I've finished it completely. So far the only Zelda games I've played that tick those boxes are Minish Cap and A Link Between Worlds.

Nothing is meaningless. Everything holds value to someone somewhere.

I was young when the very first Zelda came out, so the NES entries as a kid? No way. But Link to the Past, the first Gameboy one, and Ocarina I did. Twlight/Skyward and the newer DS ones I've played, but didn't 100%.

rallydefault

Gamecubed

I got 100% on Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker (and maybe Majora's Mask) many years ago. That was back when I was quite young and I didn't have many games to play and I had a lot of time on my hands to do such things.
I think I got pretty close to 100% in Skyward Sword on hero mode, but I don't remember.

I don't see the point anymore, but I understand the desire.

Edited on by Gamecubed

Gamecubed

Nicolai

I tend to be one way or the other with 100% completions. There are many Zelda games where I got 100% of all of the things I cared about, but not everything. For example, in Ocarina of Time, I have all 100 Skulltulas, All items and equipment including bottles, but not all Heart pieces. I don't think there is a single Zelda game i've gotten maximum hearts on. In fact, I have probably completed most Zelda games if you don't count the hearts.

Question: for those who 100% complete their Zelda games, do you use guides or look online at all? I am very adamant about staying away from outside help (unless its a friend playing with me who hasn't played it before me). Don't get me started about Sheikah Stones -.-. But I'd consider it pretty impressive to complete everything without help.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

steamhare

I don't. I didn't care about skulltulas, and I often don't care enough about heart pieces. The figurines in windwaker were definitely intended for another kind of gamer.

The Zelda games manage to feel complete to me even if I don't collect every single item, a feature it shares with the metroid series.

steamhare

Dpishere

I did manage to 100% both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, which I am quite proud of! I usually get everything but one heart piece in Zelda games, and at that point I won't travel across the entire world for one heart piece. Takes too much time for my liking and I don't like using walkthroughs.

Super Mario Maker 2 Levels:

A Frolic through the Forest
M5T-48G-5XF

The Trials of the Haunted House
4VR-6KC-Q1G

Platforming Peril
LCS-S3G-XQG

3DS Friend Code: 2251-6206-1680 | Nintendo Network ID: Dpishere

Chris720

The only one I ever completed 100% was TP. Every other one has either gone completed or never finished. Problem with Zelda is there's can be a few ways of 100% it, for example, running through the entire game on just 3 hearts, never using potions, collecting every little trinket you can find, never dieing at all etc., I find if you can complete any Zelda game with just 3 hearts, you're pretty amazing. I only did it on TP and that was still pretty challenging, honestly... probably would never do that again.

I absolutely love the Zelda games, but there have been some that I just cannot finish. Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are by far THE worst Zelda games I've ever played, they are atrocious. Wind Waker just wasn't for me, I just couldn't get into it. Majora's Mask, brilliant concept, brilliant story, masterpiece in its own right, but I just could not play it, let alone finish it.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

I-U

As much as I've enjoyed the Zelda games I've completed, going for 100% might drag them out too much for me. Zelda tends to have the perfect length regardless of how many completions I've done, so taking more time during a completion for 100% isn't going to benefit my experience.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

CanisWolfred

I-U wrote:

As much as I've enjoyed the Zelda games I've completed, going for 100% might drag them out too much for me. Zelda tends to have the perfect length regardless of how many completions I've done, so taking more time during a completion for 100% isn't going to benefit my experience.

That's kind of how it is for me. Good pacing is important, and going around collecting things can stretch things out to an unnecessary degree. That said, I love collecting the Heartpieces in Zelda games, because it has an obvious benefit and there are usually challenges associated with them. But stuff like the skulltulas and Poes? Screw that...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I try to, but I haven't succeeded so far. In quite a few Zelda games, I gave up because one certain thing became way too annoying to bother with 100% the game.

-In Zelda 1, I somehow have never gotten to Ganon. I've explored 95% of Death Mountain, but for to this day I have not been able to get to or even find Ganon. I just get hopelessly lost.
-In OOT, I've never been able to get the final Giant Poe.
-In Majora's Mask, for some reason I could never find one of the holes for the "play the song for the 4 Gossip Stones" heart piece (which also meant I didn't bother to do the Mayor heartpiece because I didn't want to do the Kafei and Anju sidequest twice just to get the better ending). Not to mention that final Goron nonsense...
-In Minish Cap, I have no idea how to finish a certain sidequest. Yet I've done the awful seashell quest. TWICE.
-Twilight Princess, I never bothered to find some extra poe souls.
-And now ALBW, I probably won't do the streetpass thing, which gives you things technically! But I don't care, I'll get everything else and pretend it's 100% because **** you.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

X_Octo

Well, I try to get all the heart pieces and any collectibles before the end. I don't think that's what constitutes a 100% run of the game, but it's good enough for me.

Every forgets about the Octarians. #Octariansarecephalopodstoo

Currently playing: Splatatatatatatatatata Splatoon.
Want: Xenoblade Chronicles X

3DS Friend Code: 1091-8071-2185 | Nintendo Network ID: Frostee98 | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

I never go for 100% in a game. I unlock everything I can, and then I'm done. I don't go after collectables if they are meaningless and don't unlock anything substantial.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.