Forums

Topic: Do you 100% Zelda games?

Posts 1 to 20 of 41

Socar

Normally I'd get 100% in games when the items don't benefit the gameplay but rather act as collectibles and such. But in Zelda games, there's no point in 100% a game because if doing that, it only makes the game easier to beat and such. I hope you get what I'm saying here right now and so I'm asking if you 100% Zelda games? If so, why do you do it? Is it because of the free will of finding goodies and such like Bottles for example because I can understand the need of Bottles but why else would you 100% a Zelda game?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

TeeJay

I always try to 100% the game in my first playthrough. My second playthrough is when I add the hindrances for challenge, assuming the game doesn't have a hero mode or something. I'd still do it anyway in the third playthrough (3 heart hero mode in Link Between Worlds is brual)

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

RedDevilAde

Artwark wrote:

but why else would you 100% a Zelda game?

For the sense of accomplishment that you've explored every corner of a great game? I haven't 100% every Zelda I've played but do on my favourites (LttP, OoT, LA, WW). Others I've just completed.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CanisWolfred

No. I haven't even done it once. I tried 100%ing Minish Cap, but it got boring after a while. Honestly, I can't see what the point of 100% completing a game is if even some of the best games in the world can't make it fun, or at least not tedious as hell without a guide...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Pkmns

The only Zelda game I 100%'d (is that even a verb? lol) is Majora's Mask, because you can't understand how huge it is if you don't do everything.

Pkmns

Chaoz

No, half of the time I don't even complete the Zelda games I buy.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

sinalefa

Same as @Pkmns. In my case it was like a bet of sorts, as a friend wanted me to beat it after I rage quitted at the water dungeon several times. So I just got a guide, and when nearing the end I went the whole way and got everything.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Octane

I've 100% completed every Zelda game I own (except for Skyward Sword, but that's another story..). There's no point to it, but I just want to experience all the content the game has to offer.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Gerald

The only Zelda's I fully 100%'d are Ocarina, Wind Waker, Twilight P, Skyward Sword, Still not 100%'d......

LttP, not collected all hearts.
Majoras Mask, not collected all masks/hearts. Will have a crack at the 3DS version
MInish Cap, not collected all Statues/hearts.
Phantom hour glass, I don't think I collected all ship parts, can't remember
Spirit tracks, can't remember (least favourite Zelda)

Still not completed main quest for LA, OoA, OoS, currently playing when I get spare moment or sometimes on the kermit.

Getting 100% is for the sense of accomplishment or conquer. It's the same with trying to get every star on SM

Never completed Zelda 1&2, too hard. <hangs head in shame>

Edited on by Gerald

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

DylanMcGrann

I don't always but often do 100% the Zelda games I play. I've 100% Ocarina of Time, A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Phantom Hour Glass. I have completed without 100% Majora's Mask (ironically my favorite in the series—I plan to change this on 3DS), Oracle of Seasons, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

mookysam

I aim to 100% them all, at least on my first play through. The only one I couldn't was Skyward Sword because I found the pumpkin shooting mini game too difficult. I like completing the side quests and mini games because it feels like I'm doing everything the game has to offer. It doesn't feel frustrating or like I'm ticking things off a to-do list.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ricklongo

As much as a completionist as I consider myself when it comes to platformers, I was never really into 100%-ing titles that are more open-ended, such as Zelda or Skyrim.

I did get everything on A Link Between Worlds, though, and subsequently got 100% on a replay of Minish Cap on the Wii U virtual console.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Octane

mookysam wrote:

I aim to 100% them all, at least on my first play through. The only one I couldn't was Skyward Sword because I found the pumpkin shooting mini game too difficult. I like completing the side quests and mini games because it feels like I'm doing everything the game has to offer. It doesn't feel frustrating or like I'm ticking things off a to-do list.

@mookysam Completely off-topic, but how did you manage to beat the harp mini-game then? I succeeded at the pumpkin shooting mini-game after a few hours, but that harp mini-game drove me nuts.

Octane

RedDevilAde

mookysam wrote:

I think mini-games acts as the main deterrent for me to doing it on all of them. Didn't 100% ALBW because of that baseball game, found it annoying.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CanisWolfred

The Baseball Minigame was amazing, IMO. I mean, I heard a lot of people had problems with it, but I had it down in about 30 minutes. YMMV, I guess.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Platypus101

Only the very first one, so far...

Platypus101

Socar

@RedDevilAde the problem I have with Zelda games is the goodies don't do much besides making it easier to beat. Sure you love the game and you want to do the best of it and all but if it does nothing but to make you powerful in the end, that's the problem I have.

I love Paper Mario the thousand year door and I 100% that game. getting star pieces and shine sprites, getting recipes, helping out the people who have their own stories and completing the 100 trials not to mention the badges and rare items as well. So one might say that I don't need to do this to beat the game but the collectibles are there like badges and stuff in the game and every trial in the 100 trials has a different tale to it. So while the items only make it easier to beat the game, the fact that there are collectibles that are worth doing, the fact that you're having a different story for each person you help and the fact that there's a tag that motivates you to complete the list is very worth 100% the game.

But in Zelda..... it doesn't have that feeling of 100% because certain things can only be done when you have this item and it doesn't motivate you to search a lot. Like I'd like to know if there's a heart container somewhere in this place but I don't have a fortune teller to motivate me so.I guess I'll get it later. But after beating the game, it ain't worth it because why should it.

Metroid does this well as while it doesn't force you to get the items, you'll tend to somehow get them anyways so you're always motivated to explore, Why can't Zelda be like this? I'm fine with how the series is really and I don't have issues with them. But why make it so that it takes a long way to get something so minor? Why is it that at the very first crack you see in a dungeon requires you to do such a long walk just to buy the bombs when you realized that you can't get the bombs yet and then after a long progress, you then remembered the first crack and you go all the way to search it.... only to get something like 100 rupees. Why?

As far as I can tell, A Link Between Worlds does this well as you're free to go anywhere you want allowing you to get goodies easily the way you wanted. But the main problem with that game is how easy it was. If it had challenge like the original, then it would easily be my favorite zelda game next to Phantom Hourglass (don't judge me!) But even then, why can't it be like a tag where there's lots of question marks and you're motivated to fill them all? Why can't Zelda do like that?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

ricklongo

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Baseball Minigame was amazing, IMO. I mean, I heard a lot of people had problems with it, but I had it down in about 30 minutes. YMMV, I guess.

I beat it fairly quickly, too (about 45 minutes, if memory serves), but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

And yeah, I would agree that mini-games are often what keeps me from 100% Zelda titles. I love searching for hidden stuff, but when a quest fundamentally changes the gameplay, it's much less likely that I'll enjoy it enough to go through with it.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

unrandomsam

The only ones I have legitimately 100%'ed are Links Awakening (Original Gameboy including all seashells) and a Link to the Past.

These days I don't bother with pieces of heart or mini games I don't like.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.