Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Capcom's almost dead (They're broke)!

Showing 1 to 20 of 45

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

1. Posted:


http://www.placidone.com/capcom-almost-dead/
http://gaminrealm.com/2013/09/10/capcom-152-mil-bank/
this is scary. can't say they don't deserve this, but this might spell a crash.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

2. Posted:

Someone's gonna buy them before they die. :P

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappyist

3. Posted:

if someone's buying Capcom, i have a feeling everyone on this site is going to want it to be nintendo, but honestly i don't think that'll be the best thing for either companies. Capcom screwed Megaman fans over 4 times, they turned RE into a generic shooter, eh. people are pissed at capcom, i know i am. but we can't see them go.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

4. Posted:

I think they'll rush MH4 to recover, make a new SF and take the Revelations path for Resident Evil.... Capcom is big and it doesn't lack good games that sell they only need to get the things going right again! of course they might still end like atlus if they do everything right..... but a new Megaman and tons of advertising would help...... and I'm not sure if your source is reliable I just want Capcom to take a big hit and start being the good old Capcom of my childhood that made lots of good games and was loved by almost everyone.....

Edited on by GuSilverFlame

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

5. Posted:

Sega goes full circle and buys Capcom.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

6. Posted:

@Sony_70 this way Sega would only need Ubisoft to become THE third party!!!! I mean there are many other great ones but with this combo the market would be at least 50% owned by Sega....

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ultrakatie64

7. Posted:

The only Capcom series I genuinely care about is Street Fighter and that won't ever change. Resident Evil has been mangled and torn to pieces beyond recognition, Mega Man is dead and buried, Dead Rising 3 doesn't even look like the same game, and Deep Down lost me at F2P. I'd love to see Inafune get Mega Man back. Mighty No. 9 looks amazing but Mega Man should be rightfully his.

If Capcom starts shoving DLC in every game, I'll drop Street Fighter and stick with the old classics. Maybe move to Killer Instinct or Tekken as my main fighter.

"Whatever you do, don't blink."

Steam ID: sailorkatiev
FC 0490-5351-9441

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Romeo

8. Posted:

Capcom has sooooo many great franchises....

the least thing anyone would want is for microsoft to go ahead and buy them.. they corrupt everything they touch
i'd be so sad if that ever happened... just imagine new and poopoodoodycacadoggiepoopiedoo Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, etc. games being exclusive to xbox...

i'd throw up :(

of course that won't happen : ) - if anyone were to buy them, i'd hope for Nintendo to do it, but that probably won't happen as well
i just hope that something meaningful will happen in the not too distant future and that we'll get new quality Mega Man, etc. games...
Watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Romeo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

9. Posted:

Goooood goooood. Have Nintendo or Namco snatch up their IPs.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

10. Posted:

Romeo wrote:

Capcom has sooooo many great franchises....

the least thing anyone would want is for microsoft to go ahead and buy them.. they corrupt everything they touch
i'd be so sad if that ever happened... just imagine new and poopoodoodycacadoggiepoopiedoo Mega Man, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, etc. games being exclusive to xbox...

i'd throw up :(

of course that won't happen : ) - if anyone were to buy them, i'd hope for Nintendo to do it, but that probably won't happen as well
i just hope that something meaningful will happen in the not too distant future and that we'll get new quality Mega Man, etc. games...
Watch the profanity — TBD

Not going to touch the weird Microsoft hate post but why would you want Nintendo to buy capcom

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

11. Posted:

So Mega Man can stay in smash bros., I'd assume (since obviously no other company can buy someone else unless they make their own console...:P).

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

12. Posted:

what about Capcom selling itself for big money after making a plan for Capcom go bakrupt and buy it back later for a smaller price since the "new" Capcom would go bankrupt with "old" Capcom's plan?


lol I think I never posted something so stupid :p

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

13. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

what about Capcom selling itself for big money after making a plan for Capcom go bakrupt and buy it back later for a smaller price since the "new" Capcom would go bankrupt with "old" Capcom's plan?


lol I think I never posted something so stupid :p

You mean like what SNK did? And ADV/Sentai (an anime company)?

EDIT: Imagine if Mighty No. 9 becomes a true smash hit, and Comcept bought Capcom? That'd be the ultimate Irony! XD

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

14. Posted:

@CanisWolfred what!?!?!?!?!? it happenend already with other company? :O I'm shocked!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

15. Posted:

MH4 is here to save Capcom!

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ferthepoet

16. Posted:

I dunno, is this rumor confirmed... I mean they are not acting like a company in financial difficulties,

ferthepoet

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

17. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@CanisWolfred what!?!?!?!?!? it happenend already with other company? :O I'm shocked!

No, I think I misunderstood what you meant, I thought you meant, "what if Capcom made a "New" Capcom, then went "old" Capcom bankrupt, and the new one would buy up the old assets". Looking at your post more thoroughly...I can't make heads nor tails of what you were trying to say. :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

18. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

I dunno, is this rumor confirmed... I mean they are not acting like a company in financial difficulties,

while I agree, I also like those conspiration stories! :D

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

19. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@CanisWolfred what!?!?!?!?!? it happenend already with other company? :O I'm shocked!

No, I think I misunderstood what you meant, I thought you meant, "what if Capcom made a "New" Capcom, then went "old" Capcom bankrupt, and the new one would buy up the old assets" Looking at your post more thoroughly...I can't make heads nor tails of what you were trying to say. :P

that's pretty much it!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

20. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

I dunno, is this rumor confirmed... I mean they are not acting like a company in financial difficulties,

They've apparently been struggling to make profits for a while now. That much is definitely known.

GuSilverFlame wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@CanisWolfred what!?!?!?!?!? it happenend already with other company? :O I'm shocked!

No, I think I misunderstood what you meant, I thought you meant, "what if Capcom made a "New" Capcom, then went "old" Capcom bankrupt, and the new one would buy up the old assets" Looking at your post more thoroughly...I can't make heads nor tails of what you were trying to say. :P

that's pretty much it!

Oh yeah, then that's happened a couple times already.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~