Forums

Topic: Capcom Now Open To Takeover

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

TwilightV

CanisWolfred wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

This is a facebook page that represents all of whom shared the same interest on buying the game. Slightly over a hundred thousand. Even if everyone who liked this page bought it (lol, wasn't going to happen), a tenth of a million units a profit does not make.

100,000 people liked the facebook page. That does not in any way represent the actual amount of people who would buy the game. It could be a tenth of the actual numbers, or it could be only a fraction of those people will actually buy the game. All it represents are the amount of people who found that page and bothered to hit the like button. It is not proof of anything, and I've seen too many people, companies and fans alike, suffer from this blatant fact.

^This. I supported the game, but i'm not really into that social media stuff, and i'm sure there's plenty of others that are like me.

TwilightV

Spoony_Tech

As much fun as I had with Ice Climbers back in the day with my brother it's not fun anymore. Horrible controls ruin it for me. Can't believe I played that game so much back then.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DualWielding

I hope they remain third party, It would be horrible if Microsoft bought them, Sony or Nintendo would be allright but I'll prefer them to remain third party...

PSN: Fertheseeker

Chrono_Cross

100,000 people liked the facebook page. That does not in any way represent the actual amount of people who would buy the game. It could be a tenth of the actual numbers, or it could be only a fraction of those people will actually buy the game. All it represents are the amount of people who found that page and bothered to hit the like button. It is not proof of anything, and I've seen too many people, companies and fans alike, suffer from this blatant fact.

What are you smoking? You think that a Facebook fan page is in any way indicative of the size of the potential audience of a game?

Avatar only has 675k votes on IMDb, that means it was a colossal box office flop, hurr.

Let me lay it down for the two of you: I wasn't using that as an example of how unsuccessful the game would be. I was using it to show you how few fans truly wanted it. Are there exactly one hundred thousand, three hundred fans who wanted Mega Man Legends 3? No, I'm sure there's more than that. Some people don't have facebook, lol.

But let's pretend those one hundred likes are all the people in the world who want MML3. Capcom sees this and magically says 'okay', develops it and releases it. But only if sells at least a hundred thousand. It doesn't and Capcom makes its move.

Why didn't MmL3 not sell as well as it should have? Because of the few vocal minorities. You get a petition going and you'll soon realize not everyone who signs will pull through. Not to mention nobody wanted a surplus of MM games six years ago. It's difficult to make a difference when you're six feet under. (And have been for four years.)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kkslider5552000

I'm normally one to immediately hate on people's refusal to buy interesting games that aren't mega blockbuster level titles and people who didn't buy Little King's Story should still be shot out of a cannon and whatever, but I think the ironically renewed interest in Megaman and the fact that they flat out should never make a Megaman Legends 4 makes that irrelevant. They make a 3DS game and its sales were meh, plenty of games have succeeded by doing just that anyway.

Like make a good co-op meets classic Megaman game, do it well, market it sanely (in other words somewhere between none and SPEND ALL THE MONEYS GUYS) I feel confident Megaman would be back, no problem regardless.

I will say the break was probably for the best for Megaman instead of releasing games every three months that no one was asking for (I like ZX but I refuse to believe anyone was asking for poorly implemented Metroidvania in their Megaman)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WebHead

Sad to hear. Capcom was once the third party god, especially in the 90's.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Nintendo_Ninja

I hope Nintendo gets some IP's separately. They could do so much with stuff like Mega Man. They seriously need to keep Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright as exclusives for their consoles. They don't have a need for Street Fighter or Dragons Dogma though. I have no clue if they could turn around RE though. Considering how bad it is currently, they would have to completely revamp the series and start from scratch.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Wheeler

I want SNK to obtain the Street Fighter IP so we can finally get Capcom vs. SNK 3 and the rest of the vs. series. But sadly I don't see that happening.

Wheeler

Socar

Ok let me ask you something here.

Why is it so important that Nintendo has to buy Capcom?

If they do buy Capcom in the end, keep a few things in mind.

1.Nintendo will ask Capcom to make games that only sell well. So if Mega Man isn't going to sell well, Nintendo will end its production.

2.Nintendo will then make Capcom end up like Intelligent systems where they only make few franchises and nothing else. Sure this is ridiculous to expect but the fact that Nintendo is now handling Metroid instead of Intelligent systems just shows that they might do so.

Also please stop asking/demanding for new IP's. Nintendo has plenty of them and they all for the most part do great. if you want variety, Nintendo has it all except for some genres like FPS.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Gamer83

What would be best for gamers? Nintendo getting Capcom, eventhough it means some fanboys would have to swallow their pride, I think only Nintendo is capable of saving some of these franchises. Granted it wouldn't put all of them to good use, but you can bet we'd be seeing RE and Street Fighter and I wouldn't doubt they'd be as good as ever.

I don't think Sony would be awful either but Sony is in financial hell and if its going to spend wildly on third parties it can't afford, it should wait for SquareEnix to hit the market in a couple years and hope by that time PS4 will have helped the company somewhat out of its hole so it can make a purchase like that.

What I think is going to happen? MS will buy Capcom and that's something could be really good or really bad. I don't have a fear of MS getting Capcom because of what happened with Rare because frankly, none of that was MS' fault. Rare was on a decline and Nintendo played a newcomer looking to make a splash. It's possible MS helps Capcom down its continued downward spiral doing things like turning RE into a cover shooter, etc. It's just as likely that with the Xbox division now under the direction of an actual game guy in Phil Spencer that RE makes a turn around, we continue to get Street Fighter and Mega Man is revived. With Crackdown, Spencer has shown he's not opposed to reviving franchises.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Spoony_Tech

The only good I could see from Nintendo getting a majority share is exclusives and that would force some of the loyal fan base to break down and get a Wii U. Other then that I don't see it happening.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MAN1AC

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The only good I could see from Nintendo getting a majority share is exclusives and that would force some of the loyal fan base to break down and get a Wii U. Other then that I don't see it happening.

It would be interesting to see how this would play out. There's plenty of gamerfs that refuse to buy Nintendo hardware so as soon as a franchise that usually sells well doesnt because the audience refuses the transition, we could see the IP just disappear for a while.

We could see something crazy like the Street Fighter IP die @_@

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

MAN1AC

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

1.Nintendo will ask Capcom to make games that only sell well

Wonderful 101

A huge acquisition means games like that are less likely to happen actually.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

KingMike

Artwark wrote:

Ok let me ask you something here.

Why is it so important that Nintendo has to buy Capcom?

If they do buy Capcom in the end, keep a few things in mind.

1.Nintendo will ask Capcom to make games that only sell well. So if Mega Man isn't going to sell well, Nintendo will end its production.

2.Nintendo will then make Capcom end up like Intelligent systems where they only make few franchises and nothing else. Sure this is ridiculous to expect but the fact that Nintendo is now handling Metroid instead of Intelligent systems just shows that they might do so.

Also please stop asking/demanding for new IP's. Nintendo has plenty of them and they all for the most part do great. if you want variety, Nintendo has it all except for some genres like FPS.

Maybe they can give us the canned third Zelda Oracle game?
I think IS only makes a few games because, as I understand, IS is primarily Nintendo's debug/development hardware/software division (stuff for approved devs only).

KingMike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.