Forums

Topic: Call Of Duty: Black Ops Thread.

Posts 81 to 93 of 93

turtlelink

slapshot82 wrote:

I'm level 40 online and I can officially say that this game online is broken. The lag is horrible, MANY times you will see a guy come through the door and as soon as you can press the button to fire you are dead, this is because the guy is already through the door and shooting you on his screen As well as constant Connection Errors, sometimes every match for hours of play, the graphics are not that great, even when ran at 1080p and the supposed balance of the game has created a imbalance in the game.

None of the guns feel really capable. The hit detection is so bad at times that when firing on a opponent the opponent will literally disappear off your screen, only to be there when you stop firing. You might shoot a guy point blank in the head with a shotgun to watch the "X" appear where the hit registered, but the opponent will kill you with one shot of a SMG/Assault Rifle in the Killcam.

At first the game felt great, but the more time I put in the more unimpressed I am with this game. The single player online and Zombies as well as the top down shooter are all great but online just isn't. I've seen many people go back to MW2 already many indy reviewers around the internet are starting to drop much lower reviews on the game. I'm guessing that once again, no public beta has proved to be a severe blow to this franchise, when will they learn?

My thoughts at first. I played a bit more and now I am used to it. Of course I don't find myself playing this like MW2 because I know I'll be going back to that soon. Treyarch needs to make some patches (which they did already. Now you can't spam one map every time it comes up (Nuke Town)) And yes, it is laggy. :/

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Weskerb

I've seen all those problems slapshot mentioned, but not at a level of frequency to really make me angry. In fact I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. I think the main reason for that is the maps, which are awesome and also none of the rigs are so overpowered that that one or two players dominate, plus you can't stack kills from killstreaks. It just seems a fairer game than MW2 and more fun. A few techinical problems aside, I don't see how anyone can say that Black Ops isn't the best COD ever.

Weskerb

hulklol123456789

I will copy and paste something I had already said in other thread:

"The game is good, but there are some part that are really boring, I mean, the battle in Vietnam, it was soo F*CKING boring, there were like thousand of enemys and come on dude, yeah the game is, I will say fine. Not very good, not very bad, it has it exiting moment, and it really boring and stupid moment, I also need to watch the f*cking intro before EVERY game, and that is really annoying. Im sure there are better FPS, both on Wii, PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Anyways I haven't played the multiplayer or zombie modes yet, so that was just about the solo-mode.

I also found that the game is too linear, your always following everyone or going to a maked plae. And sometime if you just don't follow the guy your supossed to, or take advantage of him you just lose the mision. Sometime the game is more like a race rather than a shooter, go here, go there. The game really lack that Adventure feeling, to explore the things and you know. And thee is almost no strategy in shooting, so yes lets go and kill the dudes, because you always got friends, they do the work, so when you want to go a melee a guy, it is already dead, not cool."

Man's worst enemy is laziness.

RandomWiiPlayer

I got this game today, and I haven't seen any of the problems Slapshot mentioned. The campaign is really slow. Really, really slow. The online is fun, the best online in the series in my opinion. I haven't tried zombies yet. I kinda suck, but I'll get used to it.

POSSIBLE SPOILER IN THIS PART:
Was the Russian that stabbed the dude in the eye Imran whatever from MW? It looked a lot like him.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

SkullMan

slapshot82 wrote:

I'm level 40 online and I can officially say that this game online is broken. The lag is horrible, MANY times you will see a guy come through the door and as soon as you can press the button to fire you are dead, this is because the guy is already through the door and shooting you on his screen As well as constant Connection Errors, sometimes every match for hours of play, the graphics are not that great, even when ran at 1080p and the supposed balance of the game has created a imbalance in the game.

None of the guns feel really capable. The hit detection is so bad at times that when firing on a opponent the opponent will literally disappear off your screen, only to be there when you stop firing. You might shoot a guy point blank in the head with a shotgun to watch the "X" appear where the hit registered, but the opponent will kill you with one shot of a SMG/Assault Rifle in the Killcam.

At first the game felt great, but the more time I put in the more unimpressed I am with this game. The single player online and Zombies as well as the top down shooter are all great but online just isn't. I've seen many people go back to MW2 already many indy reviewers around the internet are starting to drop much lower reviews on the game. I'm guessing that once again, no public beta has proved to be a severe blow to this franchise, when will they learn?

What console are you playing on? I haven't experienced any of this. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN??? This game is far superior to MW2 in every way, shape, and form. I want to slap anyone who would be dumb enough to back to MW2. It remedied all of the flaws that MW2 employed, IW really messed that one up. Plus this game looks great running in 720p, one of the best looking COD games thus far...so I'm not sure what your looking at.

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

turtlelink

From what I assume, most of you are playing on xbox 360, right?Then they most have MUCH better servers then the PS3 ones because I've seen just about everything Slapshot said. I once was sniping and witnessed 3 bullets phase through a guy. If I was able to find that match in my recent history, I would love to record it and show you guys.

@slapshot, the thing you said about the game winning kill, it shows the player shoot two bullets and kill someone, right? Thats what I see a lot!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Slapshot

I'm playing it on the PS3 and its horrible. I've finally said F''' this game online until it gets some major patching. I've got some serious CoD fanatics that are friends of mine with thousands of hours logged into the game and most all of them are back on MW2. I put it back in tonight and this is the deal, If your on the team that the server host is on, your at a major advantage over the opposing team, regardless of the connection. Regardless of your gun/setup.

Heck I flat out shot a guy with a RPG standing next to a wall dead on, only to barely hurt him and get shot prob around 100+ ft away with a AK47. The problems are really bad on the PS3. Treyarch has already confirmed that they know this publicly, so its not me making up some BS to diss the game.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

AlexSays

Yeah I'm playing on the 360 as well.

AlexSays

The_Fox

I haven't see the issues (much) that Slapshot talks about, but I'm playing on the 360. Looks like the PS3 version needs some patching for the online component.

Anyway, I'm torn on the whole MW2 vs Black Ops debate. The gameplay, maps and character models are better in MW2, but Black Ops brings much needed balance.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

hulklol123456789

The game is not as good as I was expecting, is is actually, not good (offline)

hulklol123456789

Mickeymac wrote:

hulklol123456789 wrote:

How so?

Yeah, I was expecting something better, somethin wayyy better.

SkullMan

hulklol123456789 wrote:

The campaign is amazingly fun and has a really cool story and locations. It also has the deepest character driven narrative out of all COD games to date.

Out of the last 4 cod games I'd rank it right behind COD4, and MW2 is dead last.

COD 4>BLACK OPS>WORLD AT WAR>MW2

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.