Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Brand Loyalty

Showing 41 to 56 of 56

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

41. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Ratchet & Clank is like Super Mario 64 sequel I always wanted,

the mostly linear weapon filled platformer is like Super Mario 64?

...ok...um...ok...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

42. Posted:

I like you, Mickeymac. Keep it up :)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kagamine

43. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Have you ever thought that it's simply because you weren't used to them yet? That because they were something different, you're having a kneejerk reaction that says "I shouldn't be enjoying this right now?" I've gone through similar phases, and I find that once you give it more time to grow on you, you can really stick to it. There are plenty of "Nintendo quality" games out there. Shadow Complex is about as good as Super Metroid, IMO. Castlevania: SotN is even better. Ratchet & Clank is like Super Mario 64 sequel I always wanted, and Jak & Daxter is a fantastic platformer all its own. Lunar and Grandia kick the butts of any Paper Mario game. Wipeout can easily keep up with F-Zero, even if it has it's own style.

Really, there are too many good games out there for me to have stayed Nintendo-only, and it saddens me that so many never got past their kneejerk reactions to really give the good games a fair shot.

I didnt have a kneejerk reaction, i quite enjoy manyother console games. But I can onlyafford 1 console at a time, and Nintendo happens to have my favorites. I have yet to find an experience on any console that can be matched by what is available on my PC, so I stick with nintendo and PC. That doesnt mean I'm having a kneejerk reaction, as a former Sony gamer, I can genuinely say that I find it best for me on Nintendo and PC. Sure I`m missing out on some games, but I have all the quality i need between Nintendo and PC. So maybe i, along with many others, are the exception. But you can`t just make an assumption that because i ted to wnjoy nintendo more, means i suffer a kneejerk reaction to the excellent Little Big Planet and the many other exclusive games to other consoles.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

44. Posted:

Kagamine wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Have you ever thought that it's simply because you weren't used to them yet? That because they were something different, you're having a kneejerk reaction that says "I shouldn't be enjoying this right now?" I've gone through similar phases, and I find that once you give it more time to grow on you, you can really stick to it. There are plenty of "Nintendo quality" games out there. Shadow Complex is about as good as Super Metroid, IMO. Castlevania: SotN is even better. Ratchet & Clank is like Super Mario 64 sequel I always wanted, and Jak & Daxter is a fantastic platformer all its own. Lunar and Grandia kick the butts of any Paper Mario game. Wipeout can easily keep up with F-Zero, even if it has it's own style.

Really, there are too many good games out there for me to have stayed Nintendo-only, and it saddens me that so many never got past their kneejerk reactions to really give the good games a fair shot.

I didnt have a kneejerk reaction, i quite enjoy manyother console games. But I can onlyafford 1 console at a time, and Nintendo happens to have my favorites. I have yet to find an experience on any console that can be matched by what is available on my PC, so I stick with nintendo and PC. That doesnt mean I'm having a kneejerk reaction, as a former Sony gamer, I can genuinely say that I find it best for me on Nintendo and PC. Sure I`m missing out on some games, but I have all the quality i need between Nintendo and PC. So maybe i, along with many others, are the exception. But you can`t just make an assumption that because i ted to wnjoy nintendo more, means i suffer a kneejerk reaction to the excellent Little Big Planet and the many other exclusive games to other consoles.

I was actually talking specifically to the three guys above me. But way to take offense to a statement that doesn't remotely apply to you.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeDanger

45. Posted:

I tend to prefer the Sony Consoles since the days of the PS1. I bought the PSP waaaaay before I ever even considered the DS, now I have a 3DS and still no Vita. But if the PS4 ever comes out I will be hyped to get it instead of the Xbox or WiiU. I like Nintendo but I hate the BS useless gimmicks that they do every time they release something.

Oh and the PS3 plays Blu-Ray movies that gets points from me. I'm not a fanboy but I like Sony's style more than Microsoft,Nintendo or Neo Geo. Ouya looks like it will suck.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Wheels2050

46. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I was actually talking specifically to the three guys above me. But way to take offense to a statement that doesn't remotely apply to you.

Haha. I was going to reply much the same, but couldn't be bothered. :P

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kagamine

47. Posted:

@Mickeymac I didn't realize that you were only adressing certain people, rather than a crowd. You didn't name any specific names, you used general words like "you" and "so many". So I assumed, because you didn't specify, that you were addressing the forum as a whole. While if you were addressing three specific people above you, I highly agree that it seems these people didn't give them a fair shot. I had my suspicions that you were talking to these people, but when you said
"and it saddens me that so many never got past their kneejerk reactions to really give the good games a fair shot." that is what specifically offended me. It seemed like you were pitying those who remained nintendo only, and assuming it was all because of a kneejerk reaction. Possibly you'll reply to this and tell me otherwise, go ahead, it's all just text, and everybody reads it differently in there head. Personally i read all your comments and posts in the voice of the Yami Bakura, so it tends to come off a little negative and well frankly evil. I don't know why you got the Yami Bakura voice, haven't even seen Yu-Gi-Oh in years, but it's what you got.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

48. Posted:

Kagamine wrote:

Personally i read all your comments and posts in the voice of the Yami Bakura, so it tends to come off a little negative and well frankly evil. I don't know why you got the Yami Bakura voice, haven't even seen Yu-Gi-Oh in years, but it's what you got.

Now I'm offended. :P

And My computer wasn't working at the time I wrote that. Had to type it all on my iPod, and I couldn't copy and paste three different names (nor could I figure out how to spell the one above me, which was who it was most intended for). Sorry if it was too vague.

As for the pity part, first off, if I did pity you, what's the point of being offended? People always feel sorry for those that don't get to experience the joy they do. It's a natural human reaction. There are probably plenty of people feeling sorry for you for one reason or another, are you gonna get mad at each and every one of them, too? It just seems like a waste of energy to me.

Second of all, I only pity those who did have the kneejerk reaction, and allowed it to prevent them from either enjoying a game, or even looking for a game that they could enjoy. And it's only because I've experienced it myself that I feel these things. I hated Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal when I first played it. If my brother hadn't egged me on, I wouldn't have gotten into one of my all-time favorite series on one of my all-time favorite systems. It can take time for something new to grow on you, and not everyone realizes that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

49. Posted:

Untitled

Something to aspire to; we can all be Paris Hilton's one day if we really try.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

50. Posted:

It's all about that Natural Puppy, dawg. :P

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

51. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

It's all about that Natural Puppy, dawg. :P

Jupiter of the Monkey is where it's at. :p

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

52. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

It's all about that Natural Puppy, dawg. :P

Jupiter of the Monkey is where it's at. :p

Anyone with REAL taste only needs Wild Boar obviously.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

53. Posted:

Pff, who needs any of those when Dragon Couture exists? >:3
Blue Blood Burns Blue, baby~

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

54. Posted:

When I was a kid I was loyal to Nintendo, because I had no money to buy systems and got them as presents from my parents or family members for Christmas presents. I always preferred the Nintendo systems over Sega, so I asked for the one that I thought I would get the most enjoyment out of. When I grew up and started making a living, and then later a good living, I started buying what I wanted. So, brand loyalty to me is all based on how much you are willing to spend, what you want the most and the inability to get over what others can have and you cannot. This is just my opinion and is in no way meant to offend anyone or pointed towards anyone in this thread. The only people I know in person with "brand loyalty" though are high school kids without a job. Like I used to be.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

55. Posted:

I would say something, but Mickeymac has it all under control. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adhrast

56. Posted:

@Mickeymac: no, I can't say I'm not used to other games, since I had and enjoyed PSX and PS2, and PS3 as well, just saying that the most fun I have is with Nintendo games/consoles. What's wrong about it? I don't hate Sony or Microsoft, and don't think their consoles are BS, they're just not for me. With Nintendo consoles and my Macbook I have all the gaming I need without anything else. I'm not offended obviously, I'm just explaining myself better :)

Edited on by Adhrast

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast