Forums

Topic: Battle Toads how far could you get

Posts 21 to 24 of 24

Slapshot

@Adam..... yeah your right. My cousin actually had it timed out perfectly and we would go over and over throught the level with him goin "up, jump, down, jump" etc until I got the timing down exactly. He played the game for hours and hours until he beat it. I think it took him a couple of all-nighters to complete it by himself and it took us all-night to do it as well. We actually always played NES games all night long even when we had PSone, and 64, PS2. Something about those hard old games.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

You're absolutely right. Something about those hard old games. I miss my old NES. I'd love to see Battle Toads on VC. Heck, Rare should do a new one on 360. I'd get the system for that.

Sometimes when I look at my current consoles and think about what're probably well over 100 games downloaded across them altogether, I wonder if I wouldn't have just as much fun if I found a working NES and three or four games for it. I'd say the same for my SNES (my only retro system I still own that works), but I can't find any good controllers for the thing anymore, so I just use it for Earthbound which doesn't require a good controller to enjoy.

I don't quite enjoy the games emulated, even on VC, quite as much... I don't know why.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

@Adam... I really miss my NES. I left it at a friends house and moved away and forgot to get it and ALL my games. Had the gold cartridge Zeldas, Ninja Gaiden, Contras, and about 50 more games. It still hurts.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

I had two or three of them. I led a blessed life apparently because people just gave me their old game stuff all the time. Eventually the systems and games all barely worked and blowing in the games and wiping them with rubbing alcohol 10 minutes before each time I played only for the game to crash 10 minutes later got old after awhile so I just gave them away. I had both the gold Zeldas, too. Did they even make them in gray cartridges?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.