Forums

Topic: Atari 2600 anyone?

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

SepticLemon

My Xbox360 has recently given me a better impression on the Atari 2600 with GameRoom.

Yes... I'm one of those "Weird guys" who actually likes GameRoom on the 360. But after a few weeks of playing, I'm tempted in getting an actual Atari 2600, either the Woody, or Junior model. So far, the games I really like on it are Yar's Revenge, River Raid and Pitfall.

Does anyone else here have an actual 2600 console, and what are you fave games for it?

SepticLemon

Twitter:

LinktotheFuture

If you have a PS2, then there are a couple of great Atari Collections for it, Atari Anthology and Activision Anthology. My favorite game is Seaquest, and I am one of the few people who enjoyed both ET and Pacman as a kid. Yars Revenge and River Raid are awesome, as you already know.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

Chucko

Atari 2600 is truly one of the greatest of all time. But the sad thing is, a fraction of gamers don`t know what it is and will bash it for not being a shooter or something.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

SepticLemon

Chucko wrote:

Atari 2600 is truly one of the greatest of all time. But the sad thing is, a fraction of gamers don`t know what it is and will bash it for not being a shooter or something.

TBH though, I was kinda the same when I was a kid, back in the 90s my local youth club had an Atari 2600 that was never used. I tried it one day after waiting forever to get a turn on the MegaDrive, I set it up, and put Kangaroo in, Wow I said, Bad Donkey Kong Clone, and I put it down. Not really the best game to play when you have access to a SNES and MegaDrive, but it's a case of playing better games for the system.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Corbs

I have an Atari 2600 and here are a few of my favorites:

Keystone Kapers
Kaboom
Frostbite
Dragonfire
Cosmic Ark
Demon Attack
Yars Revenge
Swordquest Waterworld
Laser Blast
River Raid
Spider Fighter

Plain old gamer :)

Corbs

Yeah Haunted House and Warlords are two of my favorites. In truth I bet we could both list a tons of favorites. Great console and one I still enjoy sitting down with when I get the chance.

Plain old gamer :)

SilentJ

OMG! Haunted House! That's it! That's the game I've been trying to remember for the longest time. I played the 2600 whenever I used to go to my cousin's house back in the day. I remembered one game above all but I could never recall it's name until now. Thank you so much! I can't believe it's finally over! Now I gotta get a hold of it somehow. I used to have an Atari 7800 but my mom gave it away.

PSN ID : MrPink78

The_Fox

I'm not a huge 2600 fan. I'm no graphics whore, but I have a certain cut off for what I can tolerate that most 2600 games can't meet. Not that it makes the games bad, though.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

By mentioning Frostbite (AKA my favorite 2600 game of all time), Corbie shall be spared when the revolution comes. =)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Slapshot

Kaboom is the stuff.... that was the first game I ever played! (I was 3yrs old)

Boxing
Basketball
Tennis
Pong
Battlezone
Pacman
etc.

So many great games!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

SavageBlackWolf

My ex girlfriend gave the one of the original atari 2600s. It`s still in my neighbor`s utility building and has 20 some games along with the console case/cover. I might have to check it out in a little bit to see if it still works. I also got a newer version in my closet where the games are pre-installed on the console, too. And thank you to whomever mentioned Kangaroo. I had completely forgotten about that game until i heard the name. I never got a chance to play Haunted House. so i might see if i can find it, too.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1642-3519 Wiiu GramolkinOwl

Ravage

I can't remember any names now. I had a few, one was like joist or something. I just can't remember what they were all called. I remember really liking that one with the tanks where you shoot the other tank. Like that Wii Play remake.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Old_School

So of anyone reading this post, were any of you alive when the Atari was the thing? I was and had several Ataris... I am just asking, not wanting to offend...Anyways, I have the last one I received somewhere...Atari 2600 woody model, I wasn't a fan of the redesign...
@Ravage: The game was Combat

I had/have still, in no particular order:
Bezerk
Combat
Circus Atari
Drag Race
Pitfall
Pitfall 2: The Lost Caverns (Favorite of all time)
Sea Quest
SwordQuest: Fire (No manual or comic, pretty much a b&#*h without it and pointless)
Pacman
Ms. Pacman
Qbert
Donkey Kong (Original white Nintendo release, like the actual first run)
Zaxon
Defender
Defender 2
Xar's Revernge
Galaga (BA game)
Astroids
Astroblast
Desert Falcon
Mario Bros.
Just to name a few, but I should still have most of these, I need to find it! Atari 2600 on widescreen...haha...Oh yeah, if you love the Activision games, check this out! click here

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

7th_lutz

Old+School wrote:

So of anyone reading this post, were any of you alive when the Atari was the thing?

Yes. I was born the year after the Atari 2600 came out. I was not into videogames back when Atari, not Nintendo was king. I only remembered wanting a video game system back in 1983 for Christmas and that's it I could remember for video game consoles from the era.

The video game stuff that I remembered from that era was the video game related cartoons, and breakfast cereals. I got into the Atari 2600 in 1988 with me having an Atari 2600 Jr.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

the_shpydar

I was around when the Atari 2600 was out, and it's what really got me into gaming. I remember the days when "Have you played Atari today" wasn't just a slogan, but a legitimate question. Everyone was playing Atari in those days -- kids, teens, adults -- everyone.

When i was a kid i originally had a Woody, then later a "Vader" model. I currently have a Woody model that's modded for RCA video output, and far too many games to list here. As i mentioned above, Frostbite is my all-time fave 2600 game, and probably one of my all-time fave games, period.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.