Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Argument for PC gaming

Showing 41 to 48 of 48

AuthorMessage
Nintenzo

Nintenzo

41. Posted:

There's noooooo way you're gonna get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card at all for $500. It's just not happening.

Nintenzo

Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

42. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

There's noooooo way you're gonna get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card at all for $500. It's just not happening.

I'm typing this text on one write now.

(EDIT: Admittedly, the actual model I have is this one, but my model was also in the same price range at the time it was available.)

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery and My Anime List
My Blog - Latest Post: 150 Words on Stealth B*****d Deluxe
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Nintenzo

Nintenzo

43. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Nintenzo wrote:

There's noooooo way you're gonna get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card at all for $500. It's just not happening.

I'm typing this text on one write now.

(EDIT: Admittedly, the actual model I have is this one, but my model was also in the same price range at the time it was available.)

Hm, I stand corrected. However, the 7640G is in the "Low-Midrange" section on this website. So, yeah, might as well be an integrated card.

Nintenzo

Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

44. Posted:

@bankia
"PC gaming is still just as expensive as console gaming"
Yes, that was sort of my point. PC gaming is often seen as much more expensive than console gaming. In 6 months, I've bought 3 $60 games and maybe 10 games that are normally $30. I've actually spent much less than that (under $100) and unlike PS+ I've picked each game, and I've gotten more games than I would've on PS+ in the same amount of time. Not to mention the free weekends they do.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

45. Posted:

Plus, who buys a game system and doesn't have a computer? Everyone I know who has a gaming console has at least one computer in their home. How much does a cheap computer cost? Maybe $200. How much does a PS3 cost? $250. Altogether that's $450, and I paid $480 for a prebuilt gaming PC.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

AuthorMessage
Nintenzo

Nintenzo

46. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Plus, who buys a game system and doesn't have a computer? Everyone I know who has a gaming console has at least one computer in their home. How much does a cheap computer cost? Maybe $200. How much does a PS3 cost? $250. Altogether that's $450, and I paid $480 for a prebuilt gaming PC.

You won't be able to play much on a $200 computer.

Nintenzo

Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
ChibiJib

ChibiJib

47. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Plus, who buys a game system and doesn't have a computer? Everyone I know who has a gaming console has at least one computer in their home. How much does a cheap computer cost? Maybe $200. How much does a PS3 cost? $250. Altogether that's $450, and I paid $480 for a prebuilt gaming PC.

You won't be able to play much on a $200 computer.

Well, you can, but only on the lower graphic settings.

My NNID: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
My DeviantART profile: http://jibberldd5.deviantart.com/
Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jibberldd5/

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5

AuthorMessage
SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98

48. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Plus, who buys a game system and doesn't have a computer? Everyone I know who has a gaming console has at least one computer in their home. How much does a cheap computer cost? Maybe $200. How much does a PS3 cost? $250. Altogether that's $450, and I paid $480 for a prebuilt gaming PC.

You won't be able to play much on a $200 computer.

No, not for gaming for doing taxes, email, etc. The $200 that would have gone into that can go into a gaming PC.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.