Forums

Topic: Any L4D 360 players?

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

y2josh

I saw where the game of the year edition was 30 dollars, I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but I'll need to practice first. Maybe we can play some in the future

y2josh

Philip_J_Reed

Just bought it this weekend, dude! Add "chicken brutus."

Never played before...be gentle.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Aw snap, two noobs! That's cool, we'll do campaigns on normal or somesuch. I added you, Chicken, and I'll add you too, josh.

N64+Gamer wrote:

PC > 360

I had no idea.

Edited on by JonWahlgren

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

I tried playing a few times this weekend, and each time people booted me from their games because I wasn't as good as them.

I have to admit, that sort of sours me on the user community (I wasn't griefing or being uncooperative...), so it will be nice to play the game with someone I actually know, who will (hopefully) have a little more patience as I learn to play the thing!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Were you playing quick match of either campaign or vs.? That'll just plop you in the middle of a game. If you do Custom Match for campaign you can have it set to only look for games on Easy or Normal, and people there shouldn't boot you for being new.

People also get annoyed if you don't have a mic, which is probably more frustrating but fairly necessary.

JonWahlgren

Philip_J_Reed

Um, I forget what I was doing. I think it was campaign, and it started with me in a room with one or two others, waiting to get four total. I never started in the middle of a game. (At least, I don't think I did!)

Each time we were playing on Normal. I couldn't find any Easy games, and when I tried to start one, nobody stuck around in my room. Booo.

I had the good manners to bow out of Hard rooms, though...I can understand super-advanced players not wanting to muck around. But sheesh...if they're playing on Normal, I can't be THAT much worse. Can I?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Are you one of those players that stares at the floor and wonders why everything is brown and where all the zombies are?

EDIT: I played through all the campaigns in single-player first to get a feel for what to do before venturing online. Maybe we can get a game going later today or something.

Edited on by JonWahlgren

JonWahlgren

Philip_J_Reed

Panda wrote:

Are you one of those players that stares at the floor and wonders why everything is brown and where all the zombies are?

EDIT: I played through all the campaigns in single-player first to get a feel for what to do before venturing online. Maybe we can get a game going later today or something.

In fairness to them, I was one of those players who shot teammates without realizing they were taking damage, startled witches, chased after tossed pipe bombs and stared at a guy getting strangled by a smoker because I couldn't figure out how to rescue him.

But in fairness to ME, I only did that stuff once! Isn't that how we learn?

I'd definitely be up for a game soon, but maybe not tonight...there's some Nintendo website I write for and they want me to review some game. Have you ever heard such nonsense?

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

In fairness to them, I was one of those players who shot teammates without realizing they were taking damage, startled witches, chased after tossed pipe bombs and stared at a guy getting strangled by a smoker because I couldn't figure out how to rescue him.

But in fairness to ME, I only did that stuff once! Isn't that how we learn?

I'd definitely be up for a game soon, but maybe not tonight...there's some Nintendo website I write for and they want me to review some game. Have you ever heard such nonsense?

Hah, yeah those pipe bombs are deceptively shiny. If you're on now, I'd be down for a quick run through of a campaign.

JonWahlgren

Philip_J_Reed

Sorry man, I'm at work, otherwise I would.

I can fire off a few quick forum posts throughout the day without drawing any suspicion, but I'm not entirely sure I could get away with a full game of Left 4 Dead.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

I think as long as you let your boss choose a character first and always give them the medpacks they should be OK with it.

JonWahlgren

y2josh

Oops, forgot to mention I got this game as well over the weekend. I have played through two of the campaigns so far with a friend and trying to get the hang of things, don't remember the names but one was dealing with going through a subway and the other was going to the top of a hospital. I'm not great with FPS's to begin with, but this zombie appocalypse is a whole lot more fun than Halo 3/ODST .

Staring down off thet ledge of the 38th (or so) floor spooked me to death. Afraid of heights lol.

y2josh

y2josh

Checking again for L4D players. Anyone?

y2josh

y2josh

lol sorry nope, I am at work til 6 am eastern. i usually play sat. and sun. nights til early morning and sometimes of the evening before I go to work at 9:30 PM eastern.

y2josh

JonWahlgren

Ah, I see. I tend to play after midnight eastern, but occasionally I jump on during the day. Add my gamertag and shoot me a message if you see me online!

JonWahlgren

y2josh

Will do when I get home in the morning. If I go to the doctor tomorrow I should get at least tomorrow night off, and should be on Friday night as well.

y2josh

Philip_J_Reed

I might be around, Pandaman. To be honest, midnight might be a little late for this ol' chicken, but we'll see. The odds of me staying awake that late are pretty high, but the odds of me being awake enough to play well are close to nil.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JonWahlgren

Maybe we can scrounge something together this weekend earlier in the day if work and such isn't an issue.

JonWahlgren

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.