Forums

Topic: Batman Arkham Knight Thread

Posts 141 to 157 of 157

dumedum

Jazzer94 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Have the whole day off tomorrow so i'm looking forward to being the batman.

You can't really BE the Batman without the GamePad support as in City.

I lived without the feature in Asylum, I'm sure I'll be fine without it in Arkham Knight.

This is true, but it's just not the same. Remember when we had to put a fingerprint in the beginning... that made me Batman right on the onset. And looking down the arm all the time to change weapons you were mimicking the character so cool.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Faruko

Arkham games have always ran badly

City had performance problems, bugs and it deleted save files for no reason, not to mention... GFWL !!
Origin was full of bugs, especially one that halted progression.

And... Mortal Kombat, another terrible game (not Rocksteady but WB) (performance)

I dont know why people expected this game tu run well or even be a decent port, neither Rocksteady or Iron Galaxy knows exactly what they are doing...

But i guess nobody bought arkham games on release and got them years later once they were all patched up

Even the PS3/Xbox360 games had problems bacn in the day

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Ralizah

Impressions so far?

I got in on the PS4 and am currently having a lot of fun. It DOES push the batmobile on you really hard, though. Many challenges revolve around racing around or battling with it, and Gotham honestly seems like it is designed more like a racetrack than a city. I'm tempted to call it Batman: Arkham Nuts and Bolts.

Batman's combat is more fluid now. Like, super fluid. The guy zips around like he's on ice skates or something. The fear take downs, where you sneak near a group of enemies and then proceed to put them out of commission terrifying quickly are fun. The game is an open world, but the actual gameplay adopts more of a mission based structure. I haven't seen nearly the amount of emphasis on exploration as in the last two games. It feels much more explicitly like an action game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Faruko

Discussion WBgames: "Expected: 30fps (capped). The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms."

Ok, so they wont change it, the fact they are making a game run WORSE on specs that are way ahead of what the PS4 and XB1 does its like, totally, like, not nice, right?

I mean the XB1 has a mix of 7770/7790 and the PS4 has a 7850 underclocked... The 760 or the 7950 (minimum lmao) are way ahead of those, not to mention the 980 (WTF A 980 !?) its even ahead of the next gen of consoles. And dont let me start with the CPU specs cause an i5/i7 are light years ahead of those terribly Laptop CPUs the PS4 and the XB1 have.

WB is worse than EA and Ubisoft, by a long shot.

Source: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-23-Update...

Please, watch the language-Morpheel

Edited on by Eel

Ralizah

Oh wow, Warner Bros has pulled the PC version of the game. You can't buy it on Steam now. There's just a message saying it'll be available in the Fall.

CORRECTION: The Fall date was for Linux, Mac, and SteamOS launches. The Windows version has a message saying it has been temporarily suspended while the publisher addresses performance issues.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

Oh wow, Warner Bros has pulled the PC version of the game. You can't buy it on Steam now. There's just a message saying it'll be available in the Fall.

LOLOLOLOLOL Annnnd this game just got pushed to next year for me. By the time they fix it Fallout 4 will be out and my PC will be really busy...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

skywake

One of those few games that I would have gotten on day 1 if it wasn't for the fact that this is a pretty common thing these days. I guess now I'll just wait for a sale or something down the road? I assume by then it'll be fixed and working well. PC gaming fail. One of those very rare occasions when I kinda envy PS4 owners, which is interesting. Well, I guess I'm going to be playing Yoshi's Woolly World this weekend then.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Ralizah

skywake wrote:

One of those few games that I would have gotten on day 1 if it wasn't for the fact that this is a pretty common thing these days. I guess now I'll just wait for a sale or something down the road? I assume by then it'll be fixed and working well. PC gaming fail. One of those very rare occasions when I kinda envy PS4 owners, which is interesting. Well, I guess I'm going to be playing Yoshi's Woolly World this weekend then.

You might envy that I have a PS4, but I envy that you get to play YWW this weekend while I have to wait several months for it to be released.

skywake

Ralizah wrote:

skywake wrote:

You might envy that I have a PS4, but I envy that you get to play YWW this weekend while I have to wait several months for it to be released.

Silver linings etc, etc

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

So finished the game on both Normal and Knightmare mode and despite a few things with the story being problems this is probably my favorite game this year so far. I feel that Rocksteady gets Batman and this is probably a better conclusion to the Dark Knight than Rises was in my opinion.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Faruko

My brother got the game on the PS4... So far, decent, not impressed, the batmobile gets old really fast.

Its good but the batmobile is forced WAY too much, it even feels amateur how much they forced it

Edited on by Faruko

MightyKrypto

I didn't like how easy it was to guess the identity of the Knight. Seriously, even the trailer gave it away when you watch it again. I guessed the identity even before i bought the game. Granted, i've been reading DC Comics for over 20 years, so there's little that can still suprise me... but I just wished they handled that part of the story a bit better.
There was also something about the ending that doesn't quite make sense. But whatever... it was a really great game, i didn't purchase the season pass, but i probably will next month or so.
I loved the batmobile sections, i don't think they are forced at all. It actually is a great addition to the franchise,

Edited on by MightyKrypto

MightyKrypto

Jaz007

Does anyone know where the second Azrael roof is? I've looked over all the rooftops a few times over, but it seems Batman is actually one the being tested here.

Jaz007

MightyKrypto

Jaz007 wrote:

Does anyone know where the second Azrael roof is? I've looked over all the rooftops a few times over, but it seems Batman is actually one the being tested here.

hmm, i never actually looked for them, so i can't give you the exact location. Every few hours or so Alfred would say there's been a sighting of a burning batsymbol. Maybe i was just lucky to fly over the right places at the right times?

Edited on by MightyKrypto

MightyKrypto

rallydefault

I know I'll end up caving and buying this soon. I've played all the Batman games, and it's funny: each one has been on a different machine. Asylum I played on 360, City on Wii U, and Origins on my PC. So I guess I'll just have to get this one for PS4 to complete the trip, eh?

rallydefault

MrGameluvr

I have a question regarding the New Game Plus mode in this game. I am about roughly 70% through the game and I am considering getting all of the Riddler stuff in order to get the best ending. I might just do it in New Game Plus and I have heard that the Riddler trophies you have collected so far are carried over. However, here is my question: is your progress of the Most Wanted sidequests carried over or no? I really don't feel like hunting down certain villains all over again.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.