Forums

Topic: Batman Arkham Knight Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 157

Tasuki

So now it looks like this game wont be release till June. Kinda ok with me gives me a bit more time to save up for it plus I have games that I can play during the wait. I rather they delay it then release an incomplete or rushed game.

What your guys thoughts on this?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jaz007

Tasuki wrote:

So now it looks like this game wont be release till June. Kinda ok with me gives me a bit more time to save up for it plus I have games that I can play during the wait. I rather they delay it then release an incomplete or rushed game.

What your guys thoughts on this?

It's a real shame, I was looking forward to playing it in February (that's what the rumors said), but while I'm sad it's been delayed so much, I would rather have it not rushed like you. Hopefully something will come up, because the only other PS4 game I have on pre-order right now is Samurai Warriors 4, and I'd be nice to have a PS4 game in between October and June.

Jaz007

MrGawain

Kotaku is reporting that Arkham Knight will only be available in Japan on PS4. Which makes a lot of financial sense seeing how frosty the Japanese are to the XB1.

Admittedly they aren't so warm to the Wii U or PS4 either....

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/09/09/japan-xbox-one-loses-anoth...

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Jacob717

So in GameSpot's review, they literally said "Too much batmobile". I'm not sure if he was serious or was making a jab at IGN. Anyways, he did have actual criticisms with the game, unlike IGN did with Pokemon ORAS, and the batmobile is a mechanic in the game.

Jacob717

jump

Jason723 wrote:

So in GameSpot's review, they literally said "Too much batmobile". I'm not sure if he was serious or was making a jab at IGN. Anyways, he did have actual criticisms with the game, unlike IGN did with Pokemon ORAS, and the batmobile is a mechanic in the game.

I still say IGN are right about too much water.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

dumedum

Well, IGN also said there's too much Batmobile essentially ("tank out of place"). I've seen it from the videos - the Batmobile handling/driving was handled poorly and feels out of place.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Pkmns

arronishere wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

I still say IGN are right about too much water.

I agree. Weird choice of words, but the concept was right.

Pkmns

Ralizah

I'm not surprised they force the Batmobile into too much of the game. Look how much of the game's marketing was focused on the Batmobile!

Still, that Gamespot review sounds incredibly nitpicky, and a lot of what he complains about could be generalized to any of the Arkham games. Almost every other publication is giving it high marks.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

dumedum

Ralizah wrote:

I'm not surprised they force the Batmobile into too much of the game. Look how much of the game's marketing was focused on the Batmobile!

Still, that Gamespot review sounds incredibly nitpicky, and a lot of what he complains about could be generalized to any of the Arkham games. Almost every other publication is giving it high marks.

That's part of the issue though. If they didn't change much from the other Arkham games, that was the big criticism of Origins. Here they didn't change the layout and stuck the Batmobile where it doesn't fit, because it would need a completely new layout to make it natural, I think.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Blast

Seriously, guys... Wait for the Game of the Year Edition...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

Seriously, guys... Wait for the Game of the Year Edition...

I know I will. It'll probably be out in about 6 or 7 months from now, anyways. That'll give me enough time to finish up the previous games (about 40% through both Asylum and City), and then I'll be caught up. Hopefully it'll also give me some breathing room, too, so I'm not burnout...

dumedum wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

That's part of the issue though. If they didn't change much from the other Arkham games, that was the big criticism of Origins. Here they didn't change the layout and stuck the Batmobile where it doesn't fit, because it would need a completely new layout to make it natural, I think.

The problem with Origins was that it was similar, but not as well-crafted. It wasn't that it didn't do better, it's that it was clearly worse in almost every way, sometimes by a fairly wide margin.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

I dont know if i can play another Batman game if it has the same combat

Batman: QTE the series, first game, awesome, second game, very cool, third game... ok, im not sure i can put up with this again but whater... WTF ? 4TH TIME ?

Ralizah wrote:

But thats obvious and its fair, i mean this is the 4th game of the series, if you are doing things exactly the same you cant get a free pass, for example, i doubt people would go that easy on Far cry 5 if it repeats the same stuff of 3 and 4.

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Ralizah

dumedum wrote:

Faruko wrote:

But thats obvious and its fair, i mean this is the 4th game of the series, if you are doing things exactly the same you cant get a free pass, for example, i doubt people would go that easy on Far cry 5 if it repeats the same stuff of 3 and 4.

I obviously can't give my own take on this until I play the game, but it seems like AK does innovate in some ways, but keeps the same basic formula of the other games in terms of fighting and control. Would you really want some radically different game in the Arkham series? It seems kind of similar to people who complain that Mario games are all the same, or Zelda games, or Halo games... they have some basic formulas because they're part of the same series. It makes no more sense to complain about the Batman formula with regard to Arkham Knight than it does to complain about the Uncharted formula with regard to Uncharted 4.

The complaint about Arkham Origins was that it was unnecessary, did pretty much nothing new, and did nothing particularly well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Faruko

Well, you can complain when the formula (for combat, mind you) its really boring.

Halo, Uncharted, Mario, Zelda, all have the same formula but that formula its adictive even to this day

shingi_70

Man can't wait for tomorrow, I've going into this game near Blind only have watched a few gameplay videos.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Man can't wait for tomorrow, I've going into this game near Blind only have watched a few gameplay videos.

You should honestly just wait for the Game of the Year Edition. There's just too much content stripped from this game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Faruko wrote:

Well, you can complain when the formula (for combat, mind you) its really boring.

Halo, Uncharted, Mario, Zelda, all have the same formula but that formula its adictive even to this day

I like Arkham's gameplay a lot, so IDK what the *** you're on about...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jazzer94

Blast wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

You should honestly just wait for the Game of the Year Edition. There's just too much content stripped from this game.

If he wants the game now he has every right to buy it and honestly it can't be annoyingly hard to avoid spoilers for that long.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Faruko

CanisWolfred wrote:

Faruko wrote:

I like Arkham's gameplay a lot, so IDK what the *** you're on about...

Sorry, i must be so dumb for having my own opinion...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.