Other Gaming Forum

Topic: 3D PS3 gaming to come via firmware upgrade in 2010

Showing 1 to 6 of 6

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

1. Posted:

http://gamespot.com/6240881

Well, I'm not a Sony boy but to the Sony people (and others), is this good for your platform? And will you take advantage of it?

Discuss!

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

2. Posted:

It is great. Think about it, shooters can have bullets fly out of the screen! Adventure games will feel even more realistic.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

3. Posted:

meh, is a gimmick that has to be backwards implemented to work properly, that adds both time ad money to the already outrageous costs of development on the system, and not all TVs can display Digital 3D...

It's better than their crappy Wiimote ripoff, but t's surely something I won't be using.

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

irken004

4. Posted:

This could get annoying over an extended period of playing in 3D

And possibly cause headaches :P

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

5. Posted:

The way I see this is both good and bad:

Good:

• Adds to realism
  • With HD, anything's possible
  • Gameplay experience is furthered

Bad:

• Could not be good for long periods. example, 17 hours of 3D Modern Warfare 2 = burnt-out eyes
  • Just a gimmick and most games may not support it
  • The 3D element could be as bad as Nintendo's only commercial failure, the Virtual Boy.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

DarkG

6. Posted:

you forgot that not all TVs are Digital 3D-ready, most people would need a new TV to support that...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown