Forums

Topic: 360 or PS3?

Posts 1 to 20 of 100

RandomWiiPlayer

Okay, here is the situation. I want to get a second console, as I do every gen. I can't decide on what to get, 360 or PS3. Right now I'm leaning towards the PS3. I have always liked Sony, and I never owned a Microsoft console before. I don't care about the PS3 having better graphics, I just want games. I like both the Dual Shock and the 360 controller just fine. I hear multiplats are usually better on 360, and the 360 has some pretty cool exclusives coming up. Ps3 also has some great games coming. Some suggestions? (By the way, if I do get a 360 I would get a Arcade model and just buy a hard drive later on). Sorry if this is annoying to some of you.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

RandomWiiPlayer

irken004 wrote:

PS3 has free online. Sounds like a win to me.

Well true, but the Live service is more advanced and isn't very expensive.

The Game.

Infernape1000

360 - Better games, better online, better features

Nuff said.

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

irken004

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

irken004 wrote:

PS3 has free online. Sounds like a win to me.

Well true, but the Live service is more advanced and isn't very expensive.

I'm not paying $50 or $60 a year to pay online! I'm a cheap-o

M00se

PS3! its got better exclusives coming and multiplats. MAG- 256 online multiplayer FPS only game that uses lots of teamwork a stratedgy, Uncharted 2- a movie like experience with fantastic graphics and a great multiplayer, Demons Souls- a fantastic action RPG that has great visuals and a good lengthy story and very challenging, Battlefield: Bad Company 2- an FPS that uses teamwork and stratedgy with a story line and an engine that allows you to take down entire buildings, houses, drive vehicles (helicopters, tanks, boats anything that looks flyable/drveable), Warhawk- an online only multiplayer game that has tons of people still playing from 2007!, Rachet and Clank: A Crack in Time- a game with great visuals, a slew of customizable weapons, funny story and good fun platforming, Grand Turismo 5- a realistic driving simulator with kick-ass graphics, and more games on the way! plus free online, great downloadable games, netflix, facebook, twitter, life with playstation(helps cure cancer), playstation home, blu-ray (yes it matters, 25 gigs of game space compared to 4.5 gigs of xbox dvd space) and more!!! and i got a ps3 and its awesome!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

cheetahman91

360. Never even played a PS3.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

M00se

cheetahman91 wrote:

360. Never even played a PS3.

when you do your mind will change!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Corbs

Take a look at the exclusives for the two systems and see what you like more. But with XBLA, I think the Xbox 360 is the better overall choice.

Plain old gamer :)

Djungelurban

If the respective console's first party line ups can't convince you either way (PS3 has Last Guardian, I'm just saying), then here's an easy way to help you decide... Question: What do you generally prefer, Japanese or US titles (by country of origin, not by style)? If you say Japanese, go with PS3... Otherwise go with the other one... European games are split fairly evenly so those titles shouldn't factor in much in your decision.

Kawaiipikachu

In terms of realablity the PS3 to go as with the 360 having a 54.4% faliure rate im pretty sure im rather go for a PS3 .

Kawaiipikachu

VALERHU

PS3 has fat princess, so that

</sarcasm>

Timwario

A PS3. Most of the games on xbox360 are also in PS3, and PS3 will have motion controls better than natal.

Timwario

RandomWiiPlayer

@Kawaiipikachu: I think that Microsoft did something to drastically decrease the failure rate a little while ago.
@Twario: Natal looks better than the Wand. I want a completely different experience, and the Wand is just the Wiimote.

I think that now I'm not leaning towards anything.

The Game.

DarkG

Current Xbox 360 failure rate is way lower than PS3's Yellow Light of Death (which is becoming more and more common with launch units (according to the official US forums), and since PS3 has only 1 year of warranty, well...), so as reliability goes, you can't go wrong with any, BUT, Xbox 360 has a 3 year warranty against RROD and E74, so it could be the winner there...

Hardware wise, the Xbox 360's GPU is way more advanced,has more memory and the drive speed and bandwidth is higher, so it has everything to show the best graphics possible (PS3 has a big disc, but lacks the speed, amount of memory, advanced GPU and the bandwidth the 360 has). That, and the fact that the Xbox 360 is easier to program for, will give you the best version of multiplattform games almost all the time (when it isn't the best, they are either equal, or there's a couple of years between each version).

Xbox LIVE Gold is only $50 a year, and you can get prepaid cards for as low as $40... sure, PSN is free, but you get what you pay for, the Xbox LIVE platform is simply more advanced, stable, reliable and feature packed than the PSN... You'll only regret paying for Gold if you never play online, in which case, you would get the free Silver membership.

On DLC and Downloadable Games, Xbox LIVE's collection is way larger and more quality-filled than PSN... that could change as time goes, but as it is now and in the near future, Xbox LIVE's catalog is way better (to buy stuff from LIVE you don't have to pay for the Gold membership)

Then, it comes down to exclusives on each console... and that's just a matter of what you like... Xbox 360 has, among other things, the latest GTA games (Lost & Damned, and Balad of Gay Tony), Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3 ODST, Forza 3, Viva Piñata, Banjo-Kazooie, Crackdown 2, a worthy console version of The Orange Box, Mass Effect 2, Gears of War 2, among others... while on PS3 you'll have Killzone 2, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Infamous, Gran Turismo, among others...

Personally, I use my Xbox 360 a LOT more than my PS3, and even if the games where fairly priced on PS3, my Xbox 360 would still get the most use ,there are a lot of current and old exclusives in there that I haven't even played but want to (I need to finish Perfect Dark Zero for example).

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

irken004

Also, I'd rather not pay for a 360 wireless internet adapter. Too expensive.

cheetahman91

irken004 wrote:

That's why they have ethernet cables or whatever the wire you can use to plug your 360 to the internet is called. It takes some time to get it set up and stuff, but it's worth it considering it's cheaper.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

moomoo

I enjoy the 360 more. That's just me though. They're both great systems.
If you were asking me in 2007, I would say Xbox 360, no contest. Now, most of the exclusives have been ported to the PS3. 360 has a larger community though. If you want a good 360, it'll cost you 300 dollars for a hardrive and online, so they both cost the same. Make a tiebreaker.
Flip a coin.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

DarkG

irken004 wrote:

Why would anyone willingly play with wireless (increasing lag at least 1000 times, even on Xbox LIVE)? unless you are using 802.11n (which isn't included on any console, but can be added to the Xbox 360 with the official adapter) you should only play with an ethernet cable if possible... is far more reliable, won't affect the connection unless there's more than 100 meters of cable (and if you need that much, 802.11g wouldn't be enough and ethernet would still be more reliable than an access point)

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.